The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Whats with all the love for the main 4 characters

ok dwight has 48 cosmetics, meg has 54, claudete has 48, and jake has 42. i mean jake is a little low and at the same level as ace but then you see nea at 40, feng at 37, david at 37. and i understand that kate and adam are going to be low since they just came out not that long ago but come on guys stop adding more cosmetics to the high ones and start showing more love to the others.

Comments

• Mango_Fett
    Mango_Fett Member Posts: 12

I think it's mainly because they are most played (especially Meg and Claudette) due to them being the original characters that everyone owns. But yeah I do agree as I would love the other characters to get a bit more love in terms of cosmetics, but I think BHVR is trying to appeal to the majority with giving the original characters so many cosmetics.

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

@Mango_Fett said:
    I think it's mainly because they are most played (especially Meg and Claudette) due to them being the original characters that everyone owns. But yeah I do agree as I would love the other characters to get a bit more love in terms of cosmetics, but I think BHVR is trying to appeal to the majority with giving the original characters so many cosmetics.

i know but if they really did the poll you would see that they arent the majority played its just they were around when legacy was around and people had them leveled up first but i really want to see more nea, feng, and david stuff i mean the reason this is becomin a problem is because when the store first came out they cam out with stuff then just kept coming out with stuff for dwight, meg, claudete, and jake with a few for the others here and thier and at one point i was like ######### meg has 40 something items and nea has 2 something items

• Mango_Fett
    Mango_Fett Member Posts: 12

Yeah I'm pretty sure the devs said that Meg and Claudette were the two most played survivors but I get what you mean because with characters like Jake very few people play him so it is surprising that he has more cosmetics than Nea, Feng and David.

• MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053

Prolly cuz they free to everyone

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@MyNamePete said:
    Prolly cuz they free to everyone

And more popular.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    They were original
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

M> @TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Mango_Fett said:

i know but if they really did the poll you would see that they arent the majority played its just they were around when legacy was around and people had them leveled up first but i really want to see more nea, feng, and david stuff i mean the reason this is becomin a problem is because when the store first came out they cam out with stuff then just kept coming out with stuff for dwight, meg, claudete, and jake with a few for the others here and thier and at one point i was like ######### meg has 40 something items and nea has 2 something items

1) they’re free, keep in mind console starts with dlc (if you’re on console) Ming and Ace are normally requiring money. 2) they’re the original 4. They’re the icons of the game and the survivor faction. 3) No, they are STILL THE MOST POPULAR.

• TheLegendDyl4n1

@Jack11803 said:

@Mango_Fett said:

1) they’re free, keep in mind console starts with dlc (if you’re on console) Ming and Ace are normally requiring money. 2) they’re the original 4. They’re the icons of the game and the survivor faction. 3) No, they are STILL THE MOST POPULAR.

proof? for 3

• Jack11803

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Mango_Fett said:

proof? for 3

Devstream data

• TheLegendDyl4n1

@Jack11803 said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Mango_Fett said:

proof? for 3

Devstream data

and thats proof cause?

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Mango_Fett said:

proof? for 3

Devstream data

and thats proof cause?

Because the devs have access to that sort of information and we don't?

• TheLegendDyl4n1

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Mango_Fett said:

proof? for 3

Devstream data

and thats proof cause?

exactly so how do we know they aren't lying it wouldn't be the first time

• Orion
    edited October 2018

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Mango_Fett said:

proof? for 3

Devstream data

and thats proof cause?

Do you have any idea how paranoid you sound? Basic common sense, logic, and extrapolation will lead to the conclusion that the free (base/non-paid-DLC) Survivors are the ones most likely to be played because they are free. That's without taking into consideration the fact that two of their perks (Sprint Burst and Self-Care) have been in the stale meta since the game was released.
    Furthermore, what would the devs have to gain from lying about this, exactly?

Is it that difficult for you to just admit that someone who disagrees with you on some subjects is right?

• TheLegendDyl4n1

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Mango_Fett said:

proof? for 3

Devstream data

and thats proof cause?

Do you have any idea how paranoid you sound? Basic common sense, logic, and extrapolation will lead to the conclusion that the free (base/non-paid-DLC) Survivors are the ones most likely to be played because they are free. That's without taking into consideration the fact that two of their perks (Sprint Burst and Self-Care) have been in the stale meta since the game was released.

Is it that difficult for you to just admit that someone who disagrees with you on some subjects is right?

nea, ace, feng, and david are all free on xbox and ps4

• Jack11803

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Mango_Fett said:

proof? for 3

Devstream data

and thats proof cause?

Not on PC. Where most the players are

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

@TheLegendDyl4n1 Even if that's the case, the others have been around much longer. Also, they're not free on PC (except for David), and the game is PC-native so that's where the biggest player base is. But even if that weren't the case, the devs have said that the older survivors like claudette and meg are the most played, which is why they release more cosmetics for them. People tend to buy cosmetics for their favourites or the ones they play most, so more players = more people willing to buy cosmetics for that character. If there's more demand for that character, meeting that demand with more cosmetics is going to result in bigger profits for the developers.

So, in short, they're always going to make more cosmetics for the most popular survivors because that's how they'll get the most money. If say, Feng Min and David were actually the most popular survivors, they would be making the most cosmetics for them because it's in their best financial interests to do so. So, we know that they aren't lying about the statistics because their financial decisions make sense in the context of what they've told us.

• Orion

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Mango_Fett said:

proof? for 3

Devstream data

and thats proof cause?

• Not on PC, where most players are and where the game started.
    • They're not the "face" of the Survivor characters; that honor goes to the original four.
    • They don't have the most used Survivor perks (Sprint Burst and Self Care).
    • Still doesn't explain why you think the devs would lie about this.
    • Just admit that @Jack11803 was right already and get it over with.
  • TheLegendDyl4n1

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Mango_Fett said:

proof? for 3

Devstream data

and thats proof cause?

• They're not the "face" of the Survivor characters; that honor goes to the original four.

the devs would lie because they lied about the DS changes and the Freddy changes that were already supose to be released

• Orion

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Mango_Fett said:

proof? for 3

Devstream data

and thats proof cause?

the devs would lie because they lied about the DS changes and the Freddy changes that were already supose to be released

That's not what happened, but it's clear you just can't admit someone else was right.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

@TheLegendDyl4n1 Did you read my comment? I explained there why it doesn't make any logical sense to think that the devs lied to us about this, because there are other ways of telling what the statistics they have access to are based on their decisions, not just what they say.

• TheLegendDyl4n1

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Mango_Fett said:

proof? for 3

Devstream data

and thats proof cause?

That's not what happened, but it's clear you just can't admit someone else was right.

they said it was going to happen then they said nope not doing that

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

Just by playing you can see that they are the most popular characters.

Especially Claudette and Meg.

• AgentTalon
    AgentTalon Member Posts: 331

Well here is my reason, play killer 80% of the time and have bought a few of them but I see no reason to buy a new survivor. I assume there are plenty of people who only use the included survivors so the Dev team puts the most stuff out there for them so the majority of players can buy cosmetics.

• Jack11803
    edited October 2018

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Mango_Fett said:

proof? for 3

Devstream data

and thats proof cause?

Seems they could’ve just changed their mind. Either way you’re absolutely insane and totally wearing a tin foil hat if you think they’d lie about who’s most popular. It’d make them lose money.

Post edited by Jack11803 on
  • TheLegendDyl4n1

@Jack11803 said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Mango_Fett said:

proof? for 3

Devstream data

and thats proof cause?

Seems they could’ve just changed their mind. Either way you’re absolutely insane and totally wearing a tin foil hat if you think they’d lie about who’s most popular. It’d make them lose money.

they could of said they are the most popular to come out with more cosmetics for them since they are free and so people want to buy thier cosmetics more

• Jack11803

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Mango_Fett said:

proof? for 3

Devstream data

and thats proof cause?

they could of said they are the most popular to come out with more cosmetics for them since they are free and so people want to buy thier cosmetics more

You’re nutty

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

@Jack11803 said:

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Mango_Fett said:

proof? for 3

Devstream data

and thats proof cause?

Not disagreeing that the OG 4 are the most played (because they are the most played) but does PC really have that big of a difference in playerbase than console? The game did start on PC and had a year head start before consoles but you can’t see the number of people playing on PS4 or Xbox. The playerbase is pretty vast on consoles. I rarely run into the same killer or survivors that I did the previous match while I know on PC a lot of times you’ll continuously run into the same people in your lobbies.

• Oblitiry
    Oblitiry Member Posts: 487
    WHERE ARE THE FLYING MEN!?!?!?

TC in a nutshell.   :p 
  • TheLegendDyl4n1

@MegMain98 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Orion said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Mango_Fett said:

proof? for 3

Devstream data

and thats proof cause?

Not disagreeing that the OG 4 are the most played (because they are the most played) but does PC really have that big of a difference in playerbase than console? The game did start on PC and had a year head start before consoles but you can’t see the number of people playing on PS4 or Xbox. The playerbase is pretty vast on consoles. I rarely run into the same killer or survivors that I did the previous match while I know on PC a lot of times you’ll continuously run into the same people in your lobbies.

ikr

• Eggcellent
    Eggcellent Member Posts: 4

all i know is that nea needs more :(

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,926

@Mango_Fett said:

I got Meg and Claudette face with Leatherface first. So they must be the most one played.

• FeistyFem
    FeistyFem Member Posts: 18

@Eggcellent said:
    all i know is that nea needs more :(

At least Nea gets the best skins, if she can't get the most. Min too.

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    I play Kate personally. Although she is getting a lot of cosmetics too.