The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What's your opinion on killers who DC?

I'm just curious about people's opinions on if the killer DC. Do you think it's fine or do you hate similar to survivors who DC?

Comments

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864

Similar to survivors except it's funnier if it's late game. I hate toxic bully survivors, but I'm not gonna sympathize if they made you DC.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,120

Most of the time I just think they're probably best not playing anyway, but I don't dwell on it. On a very rare occassion they dc when they're ahead, and to those I think they fell victim to a powercut or something and sympathise a bit. But to those who dc when losing I just think it's a bit child-like really.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

DC on any side is just sad. Fairly rare to see a killer DC though in my experience. Only times it's happened are when we had 4 gens pop before the first down.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

i just feel bad honestly, like they had a bad day and wanted to play their favourite killer, then i just play good in chase and my teammates rush the gens like madmen, i always feel bad when it happens

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685

Obviously its not ideal, but if some rank 15 Killer just got looped for 3 gens on a map which someone brought (e.g. Haddonfield) whilst getting teabagged and blinded, I can definitely understand. The best thing to do in that situation is just stand in a corner though.

If someone D/Cs when they are getting fairly beaten by someone much better than them, it's not ideal as its a waste of the survivors time, plus its experience the Killer is missing out on, playing against experienced loopers.

• unluckycombo
    unluckycombo Member Posts: 582

Generally I feel bad, because there are plenty of times where I can tell they DC'd out of rage, which is depressing.

With that being said though, DC's due to random Internet cuts (which you can kinda tell before they'll happen) don't make me feel bad, and DC's for funny reasons are whatever for me and just make me laugh. (Like the one time me and my buds went against a Bubba who didn't realize he was running Speed Limiter, DC'd once he realized, and then had some laughs with us in post game chat when we said we were gonna sacrafice ourselves to him in EGC for running Speed Limiter.)

Though, I will admit too, I'll laugh as well if a Killer DC's as soon as their Hex Totem gets broken. I've had it happen to me so many times over the years where cleansing Ruin/Devour in the first minute will lead to a Killer insta-DC, no matter what the rest of their build is, that I've kinda just lost all sympathy at this point.

• DragonMasterDarren

no, if the survivors DC i get annoyed, either they screw over me, or they screw over their team

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

Yeah but what if the survivor had a bad day? Would you feel bad then?

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

Depends on the situation ofc.

If he dcs simply his ego got hurt or hes mad then its funny as hell and worth recording it. This doesnt happen that common as survivors do though.

But sometimes there are some moments where it has a reason, in my case if I get the RPD map as a mobile Killer or someone doesnt get hit cuz of very bad connection.

• DragonMasterDarren

if they had a bad day then they shouldn't play survivor knowing that they will have to help 3 people

• dspaceman20

So would the same logic apply to survivors? Like moments where survivors have a reason or it's unfun for survivors? Why or why not?

• dspaceman20

But that same logic can be applied to killers too.

If the killer is having a bad day they shouldn't play knowing they have 4 other people playing

• DuneT
    DuneT Member Posts: 88

And how is it not a waste of the killer's time as well? Unless you count wandering without purpose (aka getting anywhere near your objective) over the idyllic maps in game a meaningful activity.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

Its hard to tell since i cant see what the survivors see, if I see someone DCs cuz I hit him through a pallet or window then ofc understandable since it could seem like I made a very unlike hit, dedicated server at its finest. But if survivors DC because they ran into me, I outplayed them with a mindgame or just simply die cuz they played poorly then its funny as hell and I cant show respect for that, if they remain in the endgame chat to curse me then I just simply provocate them even more xD

• dspaceman20

Which is still technically 4 people. Weather it's the killer or survivor DC the game is basically over.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,152

Same as survivor, I don't care. At most I may laugh - like if I looped a killer and they quit because while I have my moments I'm not that good. Sometimes when I knows its a match where performance is terrible I'll figure they crashed so feel bad for them.

• Tricksters_Wife
    Tricksters_Wife Member Posts: 545

My first reaction is to laugh because most of the time it'll happen after they've been looped for a while, pallet stunned, flashlighted, etc. I'll make jokes about how the stun or whatever happened was the last straw for them.

But part of me feels bad, I'll often say, "this poor _____" because I genuinely do feel bad for the killer if they're struggling a lot. Or if I know that they were lagging and then they DC I figure it was because of their internet or something and also feel bad since they had no control over that. If a killer struggles in my match pretty badly I'll drop my item and see if they're up to farming at endgame collapse as to maybe help them safety pip.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

The only killers that I've ever seen DC are usually newer players that are just trying to learn the game. Sad to say there are far too many other players out there that will take advantage of newer players and purposefully tea bag and be as toxic as possible while they fly through the generators. It's hard to have fun let alone learn the mechanics of a new killer when you're constantly having to sweat your ass off.

If dead by daylight had a proper single-player mode, then maybe newer players would be less resistant to DC. The developer update said we were supposed to get an offline bot mode with the mid chapter, but it never happened and BHVR hasn't said why.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,133

It's hard to make a judgment on it, because I've found the game is more likely to crash when playing killer over survivor. End game crashes as killer on Switch are soooooo frustrating. Mostly I feel bad for the killer: sucks if they crashed and sucks if they were so miserable they disconnected on purpose.

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250

Anyone who DC because 'mah fun' or 'game is not going the way I want' is a loser.

Sure, a dc 1-2 a month because of poor connection or real life issue happens and that is understandable. DC multiple times a day? Yah those people are the worst, killer or survivor.

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,837

Playing devils advocate here but I’m not taking advantage of a newer killer player when matchmaking put us together. It’s not the responsibility of the other side to be nice during the game. Bot matches are a start for people to get experience playing but there needs to be a learning curve that, while easing players into the groove of how to play, it’s not spoon feeding a type of experience which is bland. A good example of this is just winning over and over and over again with no challenge. Your opponents need to have variety and inevitably there does need to be a bit of harshness on the learning curve.

• 1miko
    1miko Member Posts: 268

Don't really care, can't keep going if they dc, if a survivor dc they're ######### their 3 other teammates and making the game possibly boring for the killer.

• KateDunson
    KateDunson Member Posts: 714

It's funny but a waste of time and points

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

Sure it's easy to say that "hey you got put into the match against me so if you don't like it that's on you", but getting put into a game against people you have no right to be paired with is again a fault that lies with BHVR.

While bots won't act in the same way that real players will, it can still give you a playground with which to practice with. Frequent disconnecting should be punished, but more should be done to help incorporate newer players into this game. Right now it's like throwing someone who's never swam before into the deep end and expecting them to swim. It's not a great learning tool.

• TerrorUnleashed
    TerrorUnleashed Member Posts: 497

Honestly, you can't tell between a purposeful and uncontrollable DC. In my books, a DC is usually committed by a Survivor who is downed twice or put on hook too many times for their toxic little brains to handle, and even then, it's usually clear that they are DCing out of anger (an unjustified anger) and not because of connectivity issues. On the other hand, Killers rarely disconnect, but I wouldn't condone forceful Killer DCs either. At the end of the day, if you're going to rage quit over a game, you shouldn't be playing in the first place.

Take my first Nemesis game, for example. I spent the whole game trying to hit Tentacle Strikes while all five gens went flying in my face. I was up against the most toxic, tea-bagging Survivors who thought it best to spam flashlight and body-block at even the most pointless intervals. I couldn't hit the strikes because I play on Xbox now so of course every time I fire one, the game freezes, lags and the Survivor I'm chasing is effortlessly able to dodge it. Regardless, I didn't DC, and treated it as a learning curve. A learning curve where I was taught one lesson: Don't play Nemesis until BHVR fixes their ######### game.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

It depends on the situation ultimately. So for Survivor DCs:

If I see a survivor getting farmed to death by their teammates then I feel bad for them.

However if they are clicky clicky and DC when they get out played I laugh at them for failing to be toxic.

Vice versa for Killer DCs:

If the Killer is clearly not having a good time and is getting bullied by the other survivors then DCs, I feel bad for them.

However if they try to be toxic, Such as a Tbagging ghost face/purposely trying to make everyone bleed out. Then they DC when they fail at being toxic I laugh at them for it.

But overall I don't like it when anyone DCs and as a survivor my region always has insanely long survivor queues so a killer DCing can mean up to a 10 min wait to play again.

• bibibib8
    bibibib8 Member Posts: 843

I cant blame them if the survivor bring a map offering. I have seen some killer DC when tinkerer trigger 3 time at the same time i cant blame them they know they just lost so they prefer to get the 5 minute ban over the 10 minute survivor use for t bagging

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

I dc some matches because of the map or killer/add ons so I don’t judge a killer for doing it either

• kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184

Understandable. I've never seen a survivor genuinely get mad a killer DC they only get happy and gloat lol.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,428

I really don't care if they dc, it's their loss.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

dc ing is dc ing don't do it. I dislike it

• ImBrakingBike
    ImBrakingBike Member Posts: 454

Why would DC for one side be any different than for the other? Is it another "us" vs "them" concept?

• Sherry
    Sherry Member Posts: 227

I figure it was either an accident, or they were having a bad game. It doesn't usually bother me. Only a couple of times, when the killer said they had to go and do something else. I wondered why they didn't just go afk instead, so I could still complete my challenge.

• dspaceman20

You should see the conversation I had with another here. It's just weird how if the killer DC it's justified because they had a bad day or bad game but if the survivors DC then they are immediately insulted and frowned upon.

It's just a stupid double standard I notice

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

I see no difference between a killer who d/cs and a survivor who hook suicides. Both are bitches and should find a new game to play.

• ImBrakingBike
    ImBrakingBike Member Posts: 454

I know, and I don't understand really. Even more in a game like DbD where you can play both roles. How can I be justified if I DC because gens were popping like crazy but ten minutes later I am judged if I DC because I was being tunneled?

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245

Meh - Just like when a survivor purposefully DCs - the only thought that that enters my head is: SDE.

• ObscurityDragon
    ObscurityDragon Member Posts: 710

Well it wouodnt be much of the case... if survivors didnt DCed for every single little thing they dont like

Some DC at their first down, some seing the killer/map, to give hatch, and sometimes because of à gamebreaking bug

And it was worse when there was no DC penality

Killers on the other hand DCs mostly when they are having an awfull game or à gamebreaking bug, other then that i dont see killer DC that often and so i feel way more bad for killers DCing then survivors

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I don't hate it, it's just boring.

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567

They couldn't handle it mentally

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,695

I don’t condone killers DC’ing unless if they’re going against a SWF bully squad. But you still shouldn’t DC because that’s against the game rules.

I would probably just go AFK in a corner and wait until the game ends.