We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Why can you blind The Demogorgon and The Executioner?

Options
R1ch4rd_N1x0n
R1ch4rd_N1x0n Member Posts: 1,731

Both of them are inhuman monsters without eyeballs. Yet survivors can still blind them with flashlights, flashbangs, and firecrackers.

Is there really any logical explanation to this in the lore? Like, The Entity purposefully makes them able to be blinded or something? Is The Demogorgon's mouth sensitive to light? Is The Executioner's helmet sensitive to light?

It doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Comments

• R1ch4rd_N1x0n
    Options

Overwatch has quite a few things that make no sense but exist for balance purposes too. Like Zenyatta being able to step in traps despite floating, Doomfist literally going through the roof when using his ultimate, and robots being damaged by poison traps despite not having to breathe.

So what, there's no explanation as to why they can? It's solely for balance?

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    edited August 2021
    Options

I'm going to assume The Demogorgon's skin is definitely photosensitive due to the lack of pigmentation on It's skin, considering the fact that It has flaps that open up, the skin is probably thinner there than the rest of It's body, allowing It to experience blindness or at least whatever would be synonymous to something without eyes.

with The Executioner, his head has probably been stuck with that metal pyramid on him for so long, that even small amounts of light would cause irritation, similar to being inside a dark room all day then heading out on a bright and sunny day. Considering how rusty his "pyramid head" is, there's probably small holes and hollow areas created from extensive rusting that let light through.

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864
    Options

I like to assume they're allergic to the photons from the flashlight & it messes up their sense to see.

• R1ch4rd_N1x0n
    Options

I would imagine that Demogorgon can't see at all and finds people by other senses, and can only see while being played in-game for gameplay purposes.

• Inspire
    Inspire Member Posts: 123
    Options

IIRC The Demogorgon is extremely sensitive to bright lights, which is probably why it's able to be blinded by one.

As for Pyramid Head I don't know.