What would happen if you keep running Dead by Daylight 24/7?

Options
Dipper
Dipper Member Posts: 149

I'm mainly curious because of the updates. For example, imagine I run Dead by Daylight before the first reworked map came out. Now I won't stop the game while the update comes out. Then one day everyone will have this new version except me and I'm wondering what would happen. Would the game crash when I try to load into the new map? Would I be able to play on the old map while glitching for everyone else because of the other map they have and I run through obstacles that are not in my version? Will AntiCheat detect that something's faulty?

Comments

• Sackboy123
    Sackboy123 Member Posts: 465
    Options

It kicks you back to Main Menu telling you to Update new version

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,631
    Options

You wouldn't be able to play the game without updating.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,398
    Options

Herobrine enters your game and starts building random letters in your trials.

• Jay_Whyask
    Jay_Whyask Member Posts: 555
    Options

You can't play with people unless you have the same version of the game as them. So if your game, and only your game, is out of date, you won't be able to join any matches.

You'd be restricted to the menus. Even worse, the tutorial came out after several map reworks, meaning you will have no way to actually boot up a match.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,967
    edited August 2021
    Options

It might overheat your PC/console idk that's all I could think of

For the update, it'll kick you out and force you to update before allowing you to play the game.