Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

No more ranks... what's the point?

So in the end game we can't see any one's rank anymore. Can someone explain to me what's the point? Does it even matter? It's not like we can see the ranks before the game and people back out. What difference does it make? Is it actually queuing us with other players the same rank as us? How would we know lol

Comments

• UncleStabby
    UncleStabby Member Posts: 837

They're looking for player feedback based on the gameplay only. By hiding ranks, players can't latch on to the frequency of specific rank emblems i.e "I keep getting a red rank in my lobby even though I'm green rank", and ar forced to give honest feedback based solely on match experience.

Thats my guess anyway.

• Red_Beard
    Red_Beard Member Posts: 550

Did you look at any threads before you posted this? BHVR is testing the skill based match making system. During this test you are no longer matched together by emblem ranks but by a system BHVR is developing to match people together of similar skill. They are hiding the ranks to get better feedback of the system based on how the games felt. If they don’t hide the ranks, the majority of the feedback they get is that it isn’t working because they had people of different ranks in their match even though they specifically state they aren’t matching based on rank.

• justbecause
    justbecause Member Posts: 1,521

Do you rank up to show off in endgame or for your personal achievement?