Why is the fog garbage?

Options
SMitchell8
SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301

I just used a purple fog offering on Coldwind and it was just the odd patches of thin black fluff. Any chance they can bring back what was a fun and atmospheric element of the game? That wasn't fog I experienced, that was garbage fluff. How can killers conceal themselves in broad daylight on that also spoiled realm .....

Comments

• CriticalWeasel
    CriticalWeasel Member Posts: 378
    Options

Honestly how fog should work is that it limits what the survivors and killers see from distance.

Like with the strongest fog offering you shouldn't be able to see the boat on the other side of the swamp map.

• Zokenay
    Zokenay Member Posts: 1,158
    Options

I dont mind fog returning as long as the offerings dont stack, cause the original one was downright BS, just like the moon offerings.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

They can't.

It was actually one of my more liked Offerings back when they were good & Wraith's shimmer could be seen from wherever.

It's a factually bottom-tier Offering series now, nothing but a BP sink.

I NEED to see a "Most to Least Offerings used" statistic from the devs.

Obviously BP Offerings are at the top, but i am quite curious on the comparisons between the other ones.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,481
    Options

I really really hope the fog will be reworked during the Realm Beyond updates. Current state of the fog is just… it’s like there is a Little dust and that’s it.

and the fog is often referred in the lore entries etc, doesn’t make sense to be so neglected and disappointing.

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864
    Options

Play on mobile & the fog is basically pure white puff balls.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,212
    Options

I could go on here for hours on end explaining how stupid the Fog currently is, and the advantages of the old ambience, and blah blah blah.

But I suppose everyone has already heard those points, and agreed with them, so it is up to the devs now to fix that mistake.

• SMitchell8
    Options

The current fog barely conceals Victor, yet alone the killers that are big as coke machines.

• Lynxx
    Lynxx Member Posts: 510
    Options

They like making useless offerings and add-ons for some reason.

• Fogfactor
    Fogfactor Member Posts: 45
    Options

How about Silent Hill type fog where things beyond a certain point are fully obscured? It would ease the burden on consoles and make the game scarier

• DuneT
    DuneT Member Posts: 88
    Options

The moon offerings weren't without issues, granted. But if the idea had been properly adapted for the game, it could have been a nice extra random element. Of course they'd have to be as scarce as the specific map offerings currently are.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742
    Options

They should change the fog to a killer only offering to dim the red stain and tr in exchange for speed.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,423
    Options

It needs an overhaul just like some of the other useless offerings. Like the ones that put you together with your team, even tho it happens more often than not.

• Sparse
    Sparse Member Posts: 23
    Options

Yeah, I don't really understand what advantage/disadvantage the fog is supposed to give to killers or survivors. It just seems like flair that doesn't really have an effect. It doesn't seem to affect my view much, no matter which offerings are used.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742
    edited August 2021
    Options

iirc you originally had the moon bouquets (?) which would make the map darker, like immensely darker. that was replaced by the bottles which iirc originally stacked, no matter which you brought. then that was changed to a purple bottle being the max, regardless of other stuff.

It's like with the hook offering:

There was a time when it would increase/reduce the number of hooks, now it just puts them further apart/closer together which depending on the map can backfire spectacularly for the one who brought the offering

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
    Options

Fog and luck offerings are a joke and a waste of BP.

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742
    Options

Performances.

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 1,851
    Options

Purple fog offerings are bloodsink, like most of purple offerings right now.

• SMitchell8
    Options

Why was it drastically changed? I didn't see much complaining about it tbh. Honestly, the game is going soft, its all about memes and neon clothing 😅

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    Options

I love how they made a big deal of their new, dynamic fog awhile back. Now we have this.

• Mooks
    Options

Do you have a source where they made a big deal out of it?

i usually follow their announcements and dev streams etc but somehow I missed them talking about the fog in-game completely..

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    Options

I don't, it was quite a while back. They definitely made it better for a bit till this fog appeared.

I wanna say it was just before or after switch release?

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,758
    Options

I find it funny how the sorta slogan for the game is "see you in the fog" or in the fog" yet the fog is terrible

• Mooks
    Options

Ah they said it before they killed the fog. I thought you meant something more recent.

• SMitchell8
    Options

Well the fog is that bad, they can see you in it 🙃

• venusxbunny
    venusxbunny Member Posts: 34
    Options

I can see getting rid of fog you have to walk through and can't see anything, but they need to bring it back for in the distance. It makes the game more eery again and prevents people from seeing eachother a mile away.