It feels like kindred is dangerous to run nowadays

Options
ringwinning
ringwinning Member Posts: 552
edited August 2021 in General Discussions

The past few matches I've had (I'm in green ranks rn) instead of helping me, my teammates saw the killer, who was not camping and would go after another survivor but for some reason decided not to unhook me. I then proceeded to die in all of those matches on my first hook because heck, why not do a generator with another survivor while your teammate is in second phase and the other teammate is getting chased? I'm not saying that kindred isn't useful, it is, but it seems to drive fellow survivors AWAY from the hook instead of motivate them toward it.

IDK, rant I guess.

EDIT: INB4 anyone says "not all matches are going to go your way." I'm aware of that, it's just frustrating me right now, and it's just a part of playing solo tbh.

Comments

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,096
    edited August 2021
    Options

I have had the opposite problem.

I thought, "hey, since I'm likely going on the hook at some point anyway, then I may as well try to be as hepful while on the hook as I can..."

• Kindred
    • Open Handed
    • Camaraderie
    • Resurgence (or any perk of your choice)

It turned the game into a race to see who can get the unhook points first. Camaraderie was wasted every single time, since the rescuer would rather get points and trade. (Yet, anytime I'm not using Camaradeie, the (potential) rescuer thinks the best play is to loop the killer around my hook...)

• InList
    InList Member Posts: 85
    Options

Gotta get 3 gens done before you can progress.

Rift challenges. Always blame rift challenges.

• ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal Member Posts: 326
    Options

I think it's more of a thing of unreliable solo que team mates. Sadly solo que can be a coin toss of just how useful your team mates will be.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    Options

Then swap it for Deliverance, but Kindred itself is not going to ever hurt you or your teammates.

• VioletCrimes
    VioletCrimes Member Posts: 878
    Options

The coin usually bounces off the table and hits you in the eye.

• VexTheHex
    VexTheHex Member Posts: 1,009
    Options

The races between two Survivors trying to get to you first is always hilarious. Or the crouching Nea evading the Killer around some rocks till you realize the Killer's pink aura dancing around the hook and wonder what on earth that Nea is hiding from.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,789
    Options

I guess I'm lucky, because I almost never get abandoned on hook. It feels bad when it happens, though. And I'm always running Kindred, so I know they know. I feel you.

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568
    Options

I got one game like this recently. it's frustrating to see them hiding while killer in other side of the map. They are beginners and even with full team aura reading they have poor game sense.

I think gamers like this wouldn't save you even without Kindred.

• Ludicris
    Ludicris Member Posts: 244
    Options

I find Kindred makes more of the mindset of "I know you can see I am working on this gen, and that person is getting chased - go get the unhook" over survivors using the perk to strategically decide "Alright I should go get the unhook". I don't use Kindred, and rely on hook gymnastics, my luck has been better with hook gymnastics.

We should somehow normalize understanding that when we see someone running Kindred, check your allies - see who is getting chased, and if you see the other survivor running for hook, then you stay on gens, if you see the other survivor on gens, then you run for hook.

However I have had instances where I would run for hook, and then they run for hook same time, so I stop, which they stop at the same time, and it's this back and fourth mirroring of going and stopping.