stranger things dlc question for PlayStation users

LiunUK
LiunUK Member Posts: 944

I'm on a ps4 and I am thinking of upgrading to a ps5 but unfortunately getting my hands on one is really difficult so I probably wont get one until Christmas will I lose my stranger things dlc if I make the upgrade?

Comments

• Malum_Midnight
    Malum_Midnight Member Posts: 366

You shouldn’t, but you will lose the ST trophies unfortunately

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

You shouldn't as long as you use the same account.

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 961

You keep all games and dlc's if you sync your ps5 with your ps4 while setting up the ps5. Achievements will be lost though if you download the ps5 version.

• UncleStabby
    UncleStabby Member Posts: 837

No you won't. Your owned content is credited to your Playstation account, and not your device. Ps5 uses the same account as ps4. You're fine.

• Inspire
    Inspire Member Posts: 123

You should be fine as long as you use the same account.

• TsumLeia
    TsumLeia Member Posts: 11

I was wondering this as well. My PS4 works just fine, but if it stops working I'd upgrade to a PS5 or if a game comes out that is for the PS5 only. I'm a Steve/Nancy main and I'd be sad if I couldn't get them on the PS5 after Nov. But it sounds like one can if they own the chapter. I gusse I should use up my Hawkins map offerings then.

• PlayEvilDead
    PlayEvilDead Member Posts: 91
    edited August 2021

definitely use those or they'll gather as much dust as the moris did on most killers for myself. It's up in the air on whether or not owning it already will unlock iton ps5 for you due to how outdated copywrong law is in the digital era. It definitely all needs to be rewritten with digital media and it's persistence being the typical things in mind. When everything's a rental I'm becoming less and less inclined to pay for things these days at least at the same or comparable prices to what i used to pay for physical media that i can still use over 30 years later having some of the old hardware still (a couple of VCRs and my old nintendo and consoles as examples). Now with sony's talk of the cloud being the truth, the way and the light I'm even feeling less inclined to invest in consoles again.

• PlayEvilDead
    PlayEvilDead Member Posts: 91

About what I mentioned up there, with VCRs, sometimes the soundtracks are butchered due to stupid license BS on later (DVD or Bluray) releases of things, more often I've noticed it on television series rather than movies but an example in film that comes to mind is Legend and Tangerine Dream. I mean you could ironically pirate a superior version of many things that fans have restored lol. An example being an old kat fan edit that restored the music in the original Roswell series that we heard while the episodes aired on live tv back in the day. I have all the seasons on dvd but I also grabbed that torrent the moment I saw somebody up it to kat many years ago. Copyright law definitely needs to be reworked for modern times, these license renewals are a huge pita and can lead to some things' ruin or even eventually unavailability period outside of piracy.

• TsumLeia

I wish the Devs would have said if we can still get it on the PS5 after Nov. if we owned it on the PS4 in their question and answer thraed is there a way to contact them to get a sold answer?

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,958
    edited August 2021

If you update from Ps4 - PS5 and use the same account etc, your DLC's should all be there. I do not believe that the achievement progress transfers however. I am trying to get full acknowledgement on this, so will update when I know for sure.

• zombitehdeath
    zombitehdeath Member Posts: 587

what about cross progression. Will you keep him due to this circumstance or will be not appear on that platform.

also will you keep all killers/survivor you bought with in-game currency (share and and auric cell) or will you have to pay them again.

• Sackboy123
    Sackboy123 Member Posts: 465

Trophy progress resets back to 0, you only get the Prestiege trophies

• ZonkyWizard
    ZonkyWizard Member Posts: 568
    edited August 2021

Stranger Things trophies won't be available to achieve I believe, after November 17th. Everything else like your purchased DLC's and your progress in-game, the cosmetics and levelling up on characters will still be kept if you transfer your data onto the PS5. Prestige trophies will be automatically unlocked once you've successfully installed DbD except for every other trophy - you're gonna have to achieve them all again

• TsumLeia

That would be great. I'm not worried about the achievements but I've heard that from a few those don't transfer over