The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The Evil Within 2 DLC Idea

Hendo
Hendo Member Posts: 94
edited August 2021 in Creations

One of my favorite horror video games is The Evil Within series, more specifically The Evil Within 2 for it's new depths of creativity and nightmare fuel. I feel like The Evil Within franchise would fit pretty well into DBD rather nicely considering the Entity has it's own realm, and STEM was an entire different world of it's own as well. I created this DLC idea cause I'd love to see my two favorite games come together in a clash of horror. Let me know what you all think, and enjoy the read!

Killer: Stefano Valentini or The Artist

Backstory: (Cannot be created cause no one other than the original creators have a right to give them lore on how they were pulled into the Fog)

Appearance:

Weapon: Large jagged knife (also presented in picture above)

Terror Radius: 32 meters

Speed: 115% OR 4.6 m/s

Height: Tall

Power: Calamities Capture

Every moment you must capture - and every subject you will splatter. Start the trial with 6 cameras - place the cameras down in a hidden, or public location, and once a survivor enters the camera's radius (10 meters) a flash will go off and encase the entire camera radius (10 meters) in a time box - slowing time down for 5 seconds (Unless a survivor is hit which will cancel the time warp)

Special Ability: Artistic Flash

An artist never reveals how it is they always get to those perfect angles. Teleport up to 15 meters, then you may teleport two more times (If need be) , but the meters traveled are reduced to 10 meters which you will then be slowed to walking pace for 2 - 3 seconds (Fatigue). Wait for charges to replenish before using again.

Perks:

• Faulted: As soon as the final generator is active, our killer has left a creative surprise on the exit gates to increase your fear. Survivors now gain difficult skill checks as they head to unlock the gates - if they fail a skill check, the gate will lose the additional progress of 4/5/6% per missed skill check.
  • Haywire: For ANY missed skill check (Healing, Sabotage, Repair), the Entity will regress the most progressed generator by 10/15/20%
  • Calamity: If a HEALTHY survivor blinds, or stuns the killer - they will be placed into the wounded state. If a WOUNDED survivor blinds or stuns the killer, they will be placed into the mending state. The affected survivor will also suffer from the exhausted status effect.

Mori: Stefano teleports behind the survivor, and just as they turn around, he stabs the survivor in the stomach with his knife in one hand, and with his other hand, uses his camera to snap a time stopping photo - trapping the survivor inside to relive their death indefinitely. Stepping back he chuckles and says "Now you are my art..." Before walking away.

Survivor: Sebastian Castellanos

Backstory: (Cannot be created cause no one other than the original creators have a right to give them lore on how they were pulled into the Fog)

Appearance:

Perks:

• Persistence: Seeing your colleagues in trouble motivates you to do your absolute best. When another survivor is either hooked or in the dying state, you gain a 3/6/9% speed increase in healing, sabotage, cleansing, repair, and gate opening until the survivor is either rescued or dies.
  • Finders Keepers: Only becomes active upon starting a match (Not pre-game). You use all that is available to you. Allows a survivor to use, carry, switch, and possibly escape with 2 items. Item consumption is decreased by 10/12/15%
  • Perseverance: You've got a goal set in stone, and won't let anything stop you. While standing within 12/15/20 meters of the killer and not in a chase, you will then heal over the course of 15 seconds.

Map:

I introduce you to the Theater District! Take an extended tour of the grand theater filled with ghoulish art and ominous silence, or take a stroll outside to see the further creations of our favorite artist, for his art has spread all over Union for the realm to see! After all... we are all now his art...

I just recently replayed The Evil Within 2, and began to speculate how I could somehow merge it with DBD, and this is what I came up with! I'd love to hear your thoughts and opinions, for if we as a community could find a way to make this idea known, DBD could possibly look into licensing this as a future DLC! Let me know your thoughts, and I'll see you all in the Fog!

Post edited by Hendo on

Comments

• DeltaTMD
    DeltaTMD Member Posts: 71

I like the concept of this! I really like the map - I really love the killer power and all the perks, but on the survivor side - Perseverance might be a bit op if you just gotta hide in their terror radius; maybe increase the heal time to that if how long it'd take to heal with botany? But other than that I really like this chapter idea - hopefully the dev's can work out such a licensing it'd be awesome to see. Overall great job!

• Hendo

With Perseverance, what would you suggest changing the time to instead of 15 seconds? I was originally thinking of having it take a bit longer than Inner Strength which was 10 seconds I believe. Anything to make this concept better, I shall take happily! Thanks a bunch!

• Hendo

With the Anniversary Event approaching. I heard The King speculate The Evil Within being a possibility to come into Dead By Daylight. I feel like I may have a chance! What do you guys think of this concept I made for this lovely game? Anything perk or power wise you'd probably implement to make things more balanced?

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,511

We already have an artist now :-)

But camera obscura or the Tresor Head would also work well...

I liked Evil Within 1 a bit more than 2. Even if 2 was more polished.

• Hendo

I loved both games - a shame the name artist was taken. We could also call him the Critic or as you mentioned, get the Obscura as the killer instead. Both 1 and 2 hold a special place in my heart :D

• FeelsBadMan
    FeelsBadMan Member Posts: 570

I would kill for an Evil Within chapter and I agree with Sebastian as survivor but for the killer part I would prefer the Harbinger since we don't have a pyromancer killer yet.

• Hendo

Oh very true. Evil Within has a bunch of great killer options! I love all of them - DBD has the fattest opportunity with this buffet of monster options!

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

I love the evil within 2 but I wouldnt pick stefano as Killer honestly, also dont get me wrong but the power seems abit dull for both sides, you think it would be fun for survivors to stay for 5 sec in the same spot? Idk seems abit annoying to me atleast.