If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

More Skilled Killers BHVR

Options
NMCKE
NMCKE Member Posts: 8,245
Yes, I want more killers like the Nurse, Spirit, and Huntress. Now before you say that I want easier games because I'm asking for killers that require skill to play: You survivor mains should want this for multiple reasons.
1.) When you are downed, hooked, and sacrificed. At least you can know that the killer deserved their sacrifice and you won't get upset because they needed to do more than just hitting M1/RT.
2.) The scare factor is really a thing now in Dead by Daylight. Whenever you hear a Nurse, you can bet that you're gonna be hiding as a survivor because that's when you, as a survivor, aren't the power role anymore.
3.) Competitive and casual friendly since if you want to play a easier killer then go for it but if you're a competitive DBD player, you'll now have more variety other than Nurse, Spirit, and Huntress.

Comments

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,051
    Options

How do you define a killer that requires Skill to play? Clown is a ranged killer and learning his throws and prediction survivor movements makes him actually harder to master. It also takes time to learn how to play the Hillbilly in close combat. And don't let us started witht he Hag, playing her efficiently requires a different thought process than other killers.

Besides that I'm not scared, when I hear a Nurse scream, when I play Survivor. I can handle a Nurse in a chase, except she uses range AddOns which make her appear very buggy. But even then I'm more annoyed than anything.

• Nightmare247
    Nightmare247 Member Posts: 187
    Options

@Fenrir said:
    Nickenzie said:

Devs are more concerned about popping out cosmetics for people we already have so they can get money

About that...While they have time to make cosmetics, those are fundamentally way easier to make than new killers.

Killers need a different mechanic for their playstyle to be unique and fun. Otherwise, BHVR will get yelled at like Bubba and Hillbilly.

They also need to make sure it does not break anything more than is already broken.

• Usui
    Usui Member Posts: 531
    Options

@Nickenzie said:
    Yes, I want more killers like the Nurse, Spirit, and Huntress. Now before you say that I want easier games because I'm asking for killers that require skill to play: You survivor mains should want this for multiple reasons.
    1.) When you are downed, hooked, and sacrificed. At least you can know that the killer deserved their sacrifice and you won't get upset because they needed to do more than just hitting M1/RT.
    2.) The scare factor is really a thing now in Dead by Daylight. Whenever you hear a Nurse, you can bet that you're gonna be hiding as a survivor because that's when you, as a survivor, aren't the power role anymore.
    3.) Competitive and casual friendly since if you want to play a easier killer then go for it but if you're a competitive DBD player, you'll now have more variety other than Nurse, Spirit, and Huntress.

Jokes on you, when I hear nurse I run straight to the shack to see whether or not she can blink, I don't fear any killer in this game.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,245
    Options

How do you define a killer that requires Skill to play? Clown is a ranged killer and learning his throws and prediction survivor movements makes him actually harder to master. It also takes time to learn how to play the Hillbilly in close combat. And don't let us started witht he Hag, playing her efficiently requires a different thought process than other killers.

Besides that I'm not scared, when I hear a Nurse scream, when I play Survivor. I can handle a Nurse in a chase, except she uses range AddOns which make her appear very buggy. But even then I'm more annoyed than anything.

It depends on if your skill is rewarded as a killer. If you're limited by the killer then I would consider that killer to not be a skilled killer since YOUR skill is not rewarded enough. Yes, Hag is another one I forgot but I wouldn't consider Billy or Clown since they are limited by pallets. Your skill doesn't matter if the survivor knows how to use them correctly and no, I don't want easy games. I feel like a killer skill should, most of the times, overwhelm the survivor's skill even if the survivor is slightly more skilled since they are supposed to be weaker than the killer. 
  • Onandaga
    Onandaga Member Posts: 15
    edited October 2018
    Options

Meh, I've personally never been a huge fan of "high skill" characters in multiplayer games. My enjoyment in multiplayer games comes from when I pound opposing players into the ground, I couldn't care less if I did so with a character that is considered easy or hard, as long as I felt I played well. Having to have your ass inevitably handed to you for several games as you attempt to grasp the mere fundamentals of playing a character isn't an experience I much care for.

• Global
    Global Member Posts: 770
    Options

Yea we need more powerful killers but the more killers that get more powerful the less that not so strong killers wont get buffed because there is already strong killers. Trapper still needs a buff.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

@Onandaga said:
    Meh, I've personally never been a huge fan of "high skill" characters in multiplayer games. My enjoyment in multiplayer games comes from when I pound opposing players into the ground, I couldn't care less if I did so with a character that is considered easy or hard, as long as I felt I played well. Having to have your ass inevitably handed to you for several games as you attempt to grasp the mere fundamentals of playing a character isn't an experience I much care for.

Yet it’s the experience you want others to have...

• EldritchElise87
    EldritchElise87 Member Posts: 626
    Options

I mean Clown was A tier and required a high skill cap. Spirit is now buffed to A tier and requires very high skill.

The last 2 killers have been viable at R1.