The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Where do I report people blatantly trolling? (With video)

pallet_eater
pallet_eater Member Posts: 21
edited November 2022 in General Discussions

I've seen people asking this question time and time again and it will be asked another time until I (or others) can easily find a location to make a direct report (besides in-game) to the devs/support team. All there is, is the discussions here. No specific outlet for reporting. Should I write an email then + give link? I did for Blizzard and they at least viewed it and then took action with sending me a notification that because of me, someone had action taken against them. Granted it's one droplet in the vast ocean out there. But one is enough and one is all it takes to have a bad match. Granted i'm not going to stop playing outright. But this is a good start to catch either a real legitimate hacker or an actual troll, and in the worst case, having human eyes see that maybe it wasn't actually a true report (false report that wasn't someone trolling or hacking).

TLDR: Where and how can I submit a report to BHVR that isn't the in-game report feature? I don't feel it does enough justice for the players (and myself personally I feel that it isn't effective, regardless if it actually is - wherein I might actually feel like something is done if I directly, lets say, email the BHVR support team my YouTube link to the video of this guy blatantly trolling the other 3 survivors.)

No, this is not a flame post. No this is not a witch hunt. No, this is not me crying. Video games have outlets to report players. You can contact blizzard support directly, even open a live ticket, phone call, or live text chat with them. Bluehole (PubG) offers email ticket support. Origin games offer a reporting feature on websites and via email tickets. Ubisoft has a dedicated forum to make posts for one game.

But BHVR? Just an in-game reporting system which many, including myself feel like it's not enough nor does it feel like it's effective (even if it does work). Because the way I am feeling right now after that match? Upset and I want to do something more than that, but there is nothing for me to do.

This is a bit long winded now over one simple game. Thank you for reading everyone who did.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

This discussion has been closed.