The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

500 hours and game is already stale.

TGB
TGB Member Posts: 301

Game after game of the same thing.

• Survivor gets found. They run to nearest pallet and sit on it. They flip it when I get close.
  • I break it. They run to next pallet during my animation. I meet them at next pallet.
  • Repeat this process forever. There is always another pallet. Maps spawn with over 30.
  • The 3 other Survivors can finish about 15 generators in the time it takes me to deal with all the pallets.

This is somewhat simplifying it, so please no useless responses like, "Drop chase more, defend gens more, moonwalk more," or anything else the "akshully" type might want to say. I know how to play the game. It isn't a complicated game.

But that's kind of part of what I hate about it. Survivors don't even need to be good. In fact, they often play like a brain oozer. You can see their "thought processes," and calling it 1-dimensional feels generous. They just... stand there... at a pallet... and then move to the next one...

And this qualifies as being GOOD in Dead by Daylight.

Not because it's actually good gameplay, and upper percentile performance. But because it's all you NEED in order to get easy wins.

Now, this won't work against certain Killers, of course. And shame on me for not playing them, I suppose. But this game... is just... ... not fun. For Killers. Everywhere I look, it's Killer mains that stopped playing Killer because they've had enough of it.

My question is...

Why is this what the community wants? Why do you guys WANT the game to be this way??? I feel like BHVR could put out a Tweet that simply says, "Survivor nerfs," and the community would go maximum apeshit.

Comments

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

You probably need to do better chases if you feel survivor is really hard to pip. Biggest issue is killer requires so much knowledge compared to survivor

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,262

This is the design of the game and its concept has not changed since its release.

There are killers who are anti chase / loop and they can end the chase early. these killers quite contradict the idea of looping and sometimes they can cause the loop mechanic to be outdated because they can do better than the survivor.

That's why a lot of players of both sides are doing mind games to put an end to the chase.

There is always more to learn and be better at the game and it's no less tedious than being a survivor.

• Pilot
    Pilot Member Posts: 1,158
    edited August 2021

If you break down the game like in your first post, then yes, there's nothing more to the game. But, the same could be done with games such as CS:GO for example. Spawn as T, go to the bomb site, defend & repeat until teams are switched then repeat what the CT did. I've had this mentality before and I would recommend taking a break. Your problem seems to be burnout & are probably tired of the game for the time being.

I've stopped playing DBD for 1-2 weeks and got back into it recently and I'm enjoying it, more or less.

Even though you can break down the game in such a simple manner, what makes each match unique is the different interactions between you, the killer, survivors & the map (RNG spawns).

But this game... is just... ... not fun. For Killers. Everywhere I look, it's Killer mains that stopped playing Killer because they've had enough of it.

If I were to give my two cents, Killer is slightly more enjoyable than Survivor simply due to the fact that I don't have to worry about my teammates. I play 90% of the time SoloQ survivor. However, to counter-balance this, as killer I would need to try a little bit more. In terms of variables, a solo survivor will have a much worse time than a killer.

Killer is easier & more enjoyable than Solo Survivor. I win A LOT MORE matches as killer than Survivor. My highest killstreak is probably around 70 4ks in the row with Demogorgon and 10-12 escapes in the row as solo survivor. I lose most of my matches as survivor & the biggest factor are my teammates.

Getting rank 1 on Killer seems much easier than on Survivor. The Survivor pipping criteria is totally bonkers, and feels like I have to do every gen and hog every rescue & heal in order to single pip.

This is a fantastic take & a very good breakdown of the survivor pip system. The reason I fail to pip most of the time as a Solo Survivor is because I tend to stick around gens more & do the objective rather than sneak around looking for unhooks & heals. I do this because I know what's more beneficial for the team & someone has to do it in order for all 4 of us to get out. My main two ways of getting points are repairing gens & getting chased. IF I were to get killed, I would depip simply due to the fact that I did not do enough. There were simply not enough points for me to pip. I will heal when we have a chance, I will unhook when I'm forced / need to but I'd rather stick to the main objective & run the killer around to buy time for my teammates to do their thing.

If you were to leave with anything from what I've said is:

• Take a break from the game, you're clearly burned out / tired of it and come back after a while. I've been enjoying Mortal Shell recently & Modded Minecraft.

• Marskan
    Marskan Member Posts: 23

If you don't hit a survivor while he drops 30 pallets in one chase, it's not a balance problem. Actually, the game is more well-balanced than ever. All the killers have a power to break the loop or force a survivor decision that allow the killer to reduce the distance. As PH main, I learn to use and tricks/fake survivor with the punishment of the damned. And if you lose too much time on a survivor, leave him.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,735

No offence but it really shows your skill level if you think L-T walls are some of the strongest tiles. Against a killer with any form of mindgames they are a 50/50 at best.

• WretchedElk
    WretchedElk Member Posts: 311

To be fair, 500 hours is a lot of hours for a video game. Most big games are 40-50 tops so you have probably gotten your money’s worth.

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495

"A NOED that can't really be addressed" Okay.. here we go again.

• BabuDweet
    BabuDweet Member Posts: 556

I just find it a bit mad you're writing this and only have 500 hours, that's really nothing for dbd lol

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 2,039
    edited August 2021

Well, i think 500 hours for how much the base game of DBD costs is good value.

I have 500 hours too but i'm still having fun playing different killers and using different perks. Taking this game competitively though, i gave up with how inconsistent The Trickster is depending on the map... cannot believe the game is balanced after that.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,465
    edited August 2021

You have a few good options

You can play a killer that ignores pallets, Spirit, Nurse, Doctor

You can play a killer who can break pallets faster and catch up after breaking one, with blight, demo, oni

Personally for preflipping I recommend compound 33 blight instantly break the pallet on your first rush, then be rushing after them 0.5 seconds after

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

They do go "maximum apeshit" when a survivor nerf is mentioned. Just look at Decisive strike. The devs gave them a full month of warning because they were so afraid of the backlash while killer sometimes get nerfed out of nowhere with no warning because they don't care.

The only time killers ever get buffs are when survivor q times are unplayable.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

Coming from someone who uses the entire roster I can say yes some games feel this way but it's my own choice to play every killer. I am anywhere from trash/decent/great with any given character but still have to play rank 1 matches. Not all my killers have the build I want for them or have I put the time in to be great with them as my playtime is split between the roster. That being said I do quite well overall and I know if I just played one character and mastered them I would do even better overall. A killer who uses just 1-3 killers should be pretty nasty with those and do just fine (except crazy rng spawns). I just find using same killer more than 3-4 games in a row flat boring so yeah. If you are struggling this much pick 1 killer and master them. If all goes well pick up another.

• OddProvidence
    OddProvidence Member Posts: 45

Doing better chases will not help you pip this is a totally ignorant comment. If you want to pip as a red rank survivor you have to hog the unhooks and get plenty of heals and gens. If you mostly just run the killer you’ll probably even depip.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

Well considering iv been rank 1 since its release no it's not an ignorant comment. Fact is the game wishes you to do multiple actions per game not just 1. Alot of people that struggle ranking tend to struggle in chase.

Altruism is easy iri emblem, you dont need to hog them, people hogging them is why is difficult.

Objective is also totems not just gens, do some bones. (Totems award boldness but count as objective in emblems)

Just going off what I have seen over the years, if the game is playing out well and neither side is being destroyed you'll likely pip.

• PalletsAndHooks
    PalletsAndHooks Member Posts: 989
    edited August 2021

Between the politics, corporate gains and bloated labor pool, bhvr has no incentive to improve the QoL nor fix the rampant bugs that would make other mechanics and aspects of the game interesting.

There won't ever be new objectives, there will never be a 2 killer mode, and the censorship will only worsen

Literally, Yun-Jin is a censored word in lobby chat, but you can take on any username and the game doesn't censor it. Any name. Doesn't matter how grotesque, racist, or offensive your name is, dbd only censors your speech...this is despite having no in game chat, it boggles my mind how self contradictive it can be

The philosophy and standards are skewed and the games success is totally incidental and has nothing to do with the gameplay itself. If there were no licenses, this game would not be remotely as successful as it has been. The licenses are the pillars. For whatever reason it may be, having lost a license is a serious shift in this games gravity and a serious threat to it's future. It's a precedent that could be repeated (I'm looking at both of you, Konami & Capcom)

It's been a crazy roller coaster, but dbd has peaked. It's gonna go down with some ups here and there, but the game will become more of a political fad by this time next year.

• MrCalac123
    MrCalac123 Member Posts: 1,147

The problem is and always has been generators. I already see people calling for Deadlock from the Hellraiser chapter to be nerfed because it actually buys the Killer time with gens, and it is such a crock of so-and-so.

Good Survivors will do 3+ gens when you go on a chase against another for more than a minute. It’s ridiculous.

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,005

If you think survivors are strong - try playing soloQ survivor sometime.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

i'll be honest with you:

this sounds a lot like you being very inexperienced in terms of mindgames.

most (good) Survivors will not be camping a pallet to instantly throw it down. They will attempt to loop you around it until you caught up to them before they drop it, to get as much time out of every single pallet as possible.

However, this is where you can actually do something - you can moonwalk, fake out directions, etc. to catch them out in a bad position when they didnt expect you to play the way you did.

learning which mindgames are effective at which tile and all of that is something that takes a lot of time to do, so you will fail at them a lot at first. - but thats okay. we all had that happen.

and if a survivor actually does camp a pallet, then 9 out of 10 times they are very vulnerable to you faking out going around it, just to then lunge attack straight through it. or, if you expect them to expect you to do that, you can fake out your fake out and actually go around it to hit them when they dropped it to counter your original fakeout.

another thing i'd like to talk about is kicking pallets.

based on your description, you walk up to them, have them drop the pallet and instantly break it - but that is not how you really want to do it.

what you want to do is, to learn the tile strength of the pallet you're playing around at the moment. some tiles you dont even have to break the pallet on to catch the survivors!

but besides that, when you do actually kick the pallet, the most important thing is to remember your surroundings. where is a good window for them to use? where did you already break pallets and they have nothing left to use? those kind of questions are what you will want to ask yourself. and based on the answer you give yourself, you want to break the pallet from the side where all those good things are on. If you break it from there, they will be forced to either run past you (so you catch up quicker) or to run in the direction where they have nothing left, which gets you an easy hit.

if you let the survivor decide where they are going to loop you around, you will not catch them before the game is already lost.

and third and lastly, you gotta learn not to overcommit to chases.

you dont want to chase the same guy all game. you want to chase as many of them at the same time as you can - by that i mean switching targets whenever you see someone in a worse position to get an easy hit and potentially even down on them instead.

and this is where we come back to people camping pallets: there is someone who always waits inside a pallet to drop it immediately when you come towards them? GREAT! just dont chase them. instead, walk up to them, have them instantly waste the pallet and go after another person who then has nothing left to use for themselves.

also, this once again links back into tile strength. if you see someone run straight towards a setup that is essentially unwinnable for you, then you gotta drop that chase or spend the entire game trying to catch up.

and this whole paragraph is just about vanilla killers. every character has their own unique power to them that, in some cases, will add much more to all of this.

a Hillbilly for example can curve around loops with his chainsaw extremely quickly to instantly down someone others couldnt even have hit.

but thats way too much to cover for a post like this, you'll have to look up killerspecific guides / play them a lot yourself for that.

• stormy_
    stormy_ Member Posts: 208

u got over than 70 4ks in the row .. as Demogorgon

wow man .. u are a toxic ! we love to face bad - or normal killers sometimes just to have fun

no 1 want to face killers just like u 5-4 in the row .. and believe me ... it feel so bad !! lol

• Sypherpathic
    Sypherpathic Member Posts: 488

Yeah, I was gonna say this. Will add, just divide and find dollars per hour. If it's not fun for you any more, there are a million other entertainments out there.

Sure, if you care about the game and want to be a voice in the community, that's totally cool. Your opinion is yours to give. I just don't think Behaviour is going to take action on people saying the game is stale unless it's a LOT more people.

• stormy_
    stormy_ Member Posts: 208

TGB .. the game much easier for a survivors .. but as a killer .. no because it require more more skills ..

me after 300 hours.. i feel am not ready to be a killer .. i only choose a killer to do daily taks

(( daily challenges))

plus .. i feel good being as a survivor .. because i don’t feel good being a killer dont know why lol

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

"and based on the answer you give yourself, you want to break the pallet from the side where all those good things are on. If you break it from there, they will be forced to either run past you (so you catch up quicker) or to run in the direction where they have nothing left, which gets you an easy hit."

So many killers even streamers forget this little tactic and has more time wasted because of this. This is great advice as you don't want to break a pallet without thinking first. Rotate once (maybe you get a hit) but the goal should be to get them on the side closest to the boundary wall. This gives you time to catch up (hopefully) before next strong tile. I see this too often killers blindly kick pallet then wonder why they can't get downs. Learn the difference between a safe pallet and a god pallet. Only one you should kick without thinking first. I was able to pick back up shack pallet (AMN) just yesterday...This should never have been allowed.

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495

I agree. I barely have 2000 hours and my opinions barely matter

• BabuDweet
    BabuDweet Member Posts: 556

I have 2.5k hours on my main account alone and I would say anyone with 2k hours and over has the right to rant and have these threads since they have many hours in the game etc...

500 is decent but just enough to rant about the game like this imo