The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Which killer is the most underrated in your opinion

Just as the title says which killer do you think is underrated and why do you think so?

Comments

• UncleStabby
    UncleStabby Member Posts: 837

There are lots of killers that are underrated.

1: Oni. He has a fantastic kit, a fantastic story, and a well integrated aesthetic.

2: Billy. Most people let his rework blind them to how good he still is, and with the addition of his tome entries, he's become very sympathetic. Poor guy.

3: Pig. A lot of players avoid using this killer because her power is almost worthless without purple addons (you know the ones) and her Iridescents are garbo, but she's still decently strong.

• Pukenplag
    Pukenplag Member Posts: 1,454

Pig, Plague, Billy, Oni and Demo.

• MrCalac123
    MrCalac123 Member Posts: 1,147

Plague, her playstyle invalidates Iron Will and medkits.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

People have a pretty clear understanding of how what killers are good, mediocre or pretty bad. So I don't think there are any underrated killers right now.

You could perhaps mention small groups of people for example still thinking Twins is among the very worst killers, but as long as it's a small group then in general, people know better.

• Deferlo
    Deferlo Member Posts: 131

I would say leatherface.

We see him facecamping so often that some player forget how oppresive a good bubba can be. Even worse with good add on and bamboozle.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,954
  • TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380

Plague undeniably. The last time i saw a plague was at least 3 weeks ago. She is very mighty in good hands, but almost nobody plays her. I think its because shes pretty gross.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

Nemesis. His late game is monstrous and early on, he really isn't THAT bad. He is very fast to tier up and denies a lot of pallets and loops relatively easy, or at least without the drawbacks of other killers who can do the same. And the information he provides keeps the game on the rails most of the time even for someone like me who is horrible at tracking survivors. He is literally just a ranged killer without the movement penalty. That alone makes him quite strong in my opinion.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Twins are very underrated and definitely A tier material imo

• justbecause
    justbecause Member Posts: 1,521

Billy everyone is calling him weak after nerf the truth is he's amazingly strong in right hands

• DontNerf
    DontNerf Member Posts: 990

Oni 100% is very underrated. In fact I've considered him for a long time to be the 4th best killer in the game when used correctly. There's very few games where ive had a 4 or even 3 escapes when using him even with SBMM on.

The only issue he has is early game this is his weakest point in the game. Usually you want to get a hit and leave if the survivor is good.

• Altarf
    Altarf Member Posts: 1,044

It doesn't matter what hands you put Billy in. You're not going to be able to land a chainsaw hit on a good survivor unless they're literally out in the open, or they make a series of massive mistakes. Not only can you not curve most of the reworked map tiles due to wonky collision and much more corners and turns than there were before, but the rev time of moving slowly and charging is more than enough to turn two corners or get to a pallet or window, in which case you've just overheated a good portion and gotten nothing for it.

Billy is much like Myers. He was good in DBD's early state, but as the game has progressed, he's gotten weaker and weaker. Any above average survivor can loop a Billy for minutes on end regardless of the Billy's skill due to the limitations of his chainsaw, which is not something that constitutes a good killer. When was the last time you saw a Billy win, genuinely?

Billy may be fun to go against, but he is no longer good against somewhat decent survivors. At that point he is just an M1 killer with limited mobility and the occasional instadown if they're caught out in the open. His chainsaw does not work at most loops against any good survivor UNLESS it's a rare curveable loop, you have Engravings, and the survivor doesn't have the presence of mind to go around a corner.

• justbecause
    justbecause Member Posts: 1,521

His curving the loops is still insane my friend mains Billy and they curve literally any loop you give them every killer needs practice Billy ain't exception

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

Legion.

I find it absolutely shocking how many of my teammates go down because they don't mend, or how many throw pallets when he's in frenzy, or how many spend the entire game self-caring and never even looking in the direction of a gen. I kill myself as fast as I can against Legions now.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

Trickster. He may be slow but he's a chase god. Only 6 knives to injure is insanely good. I feel like people have forgotten about him because of the Nemesis and Pinhead hype.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I feel a bit sad i can't say Wraith anymore.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Its because she is a basic m1 killer. You can make everyone injured, but so can legion and he isn't top tier. Her only saving grace is solo q and people that constantly cleanse.

• Myers

He has nice addons

• JFF
    JFF Member Posts: 166

I would say Myers. A lot of people complain about him being outdated/weak, but he can be pretty deadly in the right hands.

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 961

I second this tbh, Even with turn rate addons you'll rarely connect with a chainsaw unless they make a mistake or you're literally on top of them in open space. I play both Blight and Billy and it amazes me that Billy can't get some of the Blight treatment when it comes to turn rate and flicks. Can easily hit a lethal rush, Struggle immensely getting 1 or 2 chainsaw downs. Still trying Billy's challenge's to hit 8 chainsaws and hit 2 survivor's within 30 seconds, not possible in my opinion. Better off using the chainsaw purely for mobility and pallet removal and focus on M1's.

• Rey_512
    Rey_512 Member Posts: 1,620

Corrupt and Lethal Pursuer are pretty good to help with his early game.

• SirGando
    SirGando Member Posts: 374

Clown, Legion

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,014

After his buff, Clown's a heavily underrated chase-oriented killer. The antidote is very useful for closing in some distance to counter holding W, and his anti-loop is pretty good.

• unluckycombo
    unluckycombo Member Posts: 582

I'm gonna base my list purely on how often I see them versus how good I think they are, but...

1. Oni. Great Killer, not quite sure why I never see him any more.
    2. Plague. I know a lot of people dislike playing her and she has a weird issue with the emblem system, but she is a fantastic Killer and I think she has some of the best add-ons in the game.
    3. Twins. I'm happy I don't see them very often. Very clunky to play, but powerful and they really do have a lot going for them in their kit.

Idk, I think it's hard to find a truly underrated Killer these days. The Killers that are considered 'Bad' are generally considered so for one very good reason or another. (Or multiple.)

• DontNerf
    DontNerf Member Posts: 990

Yeah they really do help. Getting the first hit is an Oni's top priority.

• ImAJoke264
    ImAJoke264 Member Posts: 163

I know people are gonna disagree, but hear me out.

Trickster

Great killer that I’ve played a lot and is my second main (Nemi forever). All of his ad-ons are good (except for the Rusty Blades). You can down people quickly with your blades and don’t have to aim all that well because of how many he has. People say Trickster is a ######### version of huntress. What they always forget is that Main Event exists, it WILL down somebody because of how quick and op it is due to the new buff.

• SilentPill
    SilentPill Member Posts: 1,302

I was gonna come in here and say clown too lol. Now that I’ve gotten a bit better with his yellow bottles he’s a real monster in chase.

If you smash the antidote onto a dropped pallet while zoning the survivor to stay at the loop, you kick it with brutal and they get literally no distance. That’s probably the easiest and best use for them IMO.

It also helps that smashing bottles on top of the shack gasses the entire inside of the shack now if you land it correctly on some maps; it’s nutty how easy it is to shut down shack doing that

• solidhex
    solidhex Member Posts: 889

Bubba is a killer i really hate going against if he's good and not just memeing. The only real counterplay is genrushing, because as soon as all the pallets are gone he will snowball like crazy, more like most other killers.

Lately played against some good Tricksters, i think he is fairly strong now. Nemesis is also not that bad in the right hands. People slowly start to learn and master killers, that's why i'm usually against fast buffs. I think some killers got overbuffed lately. Some people play 3 games and then expect to know every aspect of the power and when to use it, and if they don't dominate every team after 3 games the killer is weak.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,071

Probably Doctor. His ability to stop you from using pallets or windows coupled with his slowdown from madness makes him a really decent killer.

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 961

I'd say Clown, Twins and Plague.

Clown - People underestimate him, especially at certain loops like Cow tree. He's good on pretty much all maps except for huge open one's like Red Forest, RPCD is perfect for both bottle's effects.

Plague - Her add-ons are great, especially the Iridescent Puke aura add-on.

Twins - Being in potentially two places at once is too good, good iridescent add-ons.

• lav3
    lav3 Member Posts: 758

With reduced number of players after nerf, Freddy.

He has the most terrible addons but definitely better than other worse killers with decent addons.

• M1MASTER
    M1MASTER Member Posts: 352

Very well said but i would say that unlike Myers who was always a pretty basic killer, Billy became outdated the moment he got over nerfed while Bubba got a big buff and Blight released shortly after.

Blight is arguably even better than old Billy, but if his add-ons didn't got completely destroyed, he would still be kinda viable in good hands unlike now where it's just sad watching the 5 people that still main him play. You can really tell they're being held back by his garbage nerfs.

• vacaman
    vacaman Member Posts: 1,140
    edited August 2021

Plague is awesome and almost top tier. And almost all her addons are really useful. If you are playing against solo you will have a good time as plague.

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,211

Considering they're one of my mains and I do fairly well with them even in high ranks (without much effort, mind you), Legion. I know full well they're far from top tier, but to call them the worst shows a lack of even trying. They are a solidly mid-tier Killer if played right. They just need some add-on adjustments and they'd be golden.

Other than Legion, Myers comes to mind. He's outdated and it shows, but he still has one of the best snowball potentials in the game.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

Legion

They're still far from top tier or being even very good, but lots of people heavily underestimate them.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,194

People on these forums always place Twins way too low on tier lists. They're the 4th best killer and nobody else is close

• lemonsway
    lemonsway Member Posts: 1,169
    edited August 2021

Right now as the game is the ones i think are being Underrated are Ghostface, Trickster, Legion. On Overrated side Wraith and Nemesis. I don't see a single scenario where i would pick Wraith over Ghostface and i don't see a single reason why i would play Nemesis over any other killer. Nemesis is a terribly designed killer without a proper identity. Pinhead is gonna make everyone forget Nemesis is even in the game.

After the craze for GF has passed, there's so few of them, it's actually great for GF Mains. GF needs 2 changes and he's the best stealth killer with a margin so huge i wouldn't consider Pig or Myers stealth killers anymore. Those 2 being chaning tthe reveal mechanic to be tied to his Mask and how much of the mask you see and make Undeteactable actually as it is named. these 2 changes he'd always have the element of surprise against survivors that don't pay attention and his long cooldown wouldn't be such a problem since the reveal mechanic is no longer working on his whole body, just the mask, so it would be harder to break him out of Nightshroud, which means more time being Undetectable.

Legion's Main Problem is Deep Wounds doesn't stop survivors from doing anything. They can repair, sabo, break totems, search chest. Force them to get rid of Deep Wounds before progressing the game. No more finishing Gens in his face. Deep Wounds is Basicly old DS, survivors can get afford the hit and still laugh at you. Remove Deep Wounds and buff Move Speed and Cooldown or make Mending a priority. It's that simple.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616

Plague.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    edited August 2021

Unlike other aim killers her power is restricted to the survivor cleansing. So not a lot of oppurtunity to practise. Aimming with her attack is significantly different to other aim based killers. So her abilites dont translate to huntress or slinger.

Also this could be just my own opinion but she dosent evoke powerful prescence. There's nothing in her kit that makes you feel like shes a powerful killer. No oni roar, reeling slinger, etc. You could argue her purge has that impact but its again tied to survivor decision making. You have no agency in that matter.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

Too many people don't understand how strong plague can be.