Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Clown Tome BS

JHondo
JHondo Member Posts: 1,174

So this "Self Deprecating Joke" challenge.... Any tips on how I might get this since it's:

A. Entirely dependent on Survivors.

B. Immensely counter productive.

C. People either refuse or don't understand signals to farm anymore to complete it.

The worst part is the more I play Clown the better I get as Clown but this challenge requires you to be a complete boob as Clown....

Comments

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410

Its one of those "farm or ######### off" challenges. Guess I'll be breaking out a Bloody Party Streamer in an attempt to bribe survivors!

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I feel like you just need to give them some space at the exit gate and hope they help. But you know how survivors are. They aren't staying at exit gates to be polite. Now are they?

• JHondo

I kill them all before that happens. Haven't had an exit gate butt dance party in a while.

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378

Farm. It tried 3 matches with attempting to doing it normally. Gave up and the very next match I downed someone, smacked a Gen till they wiggled off and hoped they understood I wanted to farm. Luckily they did and I got it by tossing the bottles at em while they did the Gen and at all of em at the Exit Gate for good measure.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

You kill them while trying for this challenge? That is probably one reason why you haven't gotten it. Rofl. You basically have to throw the game to even attempt it, if you ask me.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,967

Just wait 2 more days for more clown challenges that probably make you wanna cry

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

I got it first Trial without farming. I just use my regular Clown-Build, but I also used a Cooldown Add On, but that was about it. Basically throwing the purple Bottle and then the yellow Bottle. After I was sure that I did it two times, I just played normally.

I dont even think it is such a hard challenge. You certainly dont need to farm for it or throw the game.

And when it comes to Survivors dont want to farm with Killers - I can only speak for myself, but the last time I helped a Killer for their Archive-Challenge (a Legion who needed to hit 5 people with frenzy), they killed myself and the other guy who helped them with their Challenge. Since then, I dont help Killers with challenges anymore.

• JHondo
    edited August 2021

I start by throwing and get no progress cause they don't run into the yellow after the purple then they get really cocky and it just turns into a quick slaughter or a 3k with hatch escape lol

• gelukrait
    gelukrait Member Posts: 172
    edited August 2021

Even it's self destruction, but at least it's doable. You just accept to throw a game. Don't forget about these kinds of challenge:

• Complete 4 gens when equip Dark Sense in single trial
    • Sacrifice 4 survivors in basement in single trial
    • Sacrifice 2 (or 3?) survivors during EGC in single trial
    • Hit 15 survivors with hatchets in single trial
    • Hit 2 survivors within one vomit corruption, do it 2 times in single trial
    • Catch survivor from locker when equip Iron Maiden
    • Hit 5 survivors in a row during 1 frenzy duration
    • etc.

And there are more probably will be in next levels (not guaranty, they might be changed):

• Hit 4 survivors from 15 meters away with hatchets in single trial
    • Hit 10 survivors when you are out of hatchets in single trial (powerless huntress, force to use iri addon and worse than other M1 killer)

I am not sure that devs play their game or they just test its feasibility on lowest ranks.

• LiunUK
    LiunUK Member Posts: 944

get to the pallet side of a loop throw a yellow bottle at your feet then throw a purple at the survivor and just push them around the loop.

• BenihimeWrath
    BenihimeWrath Member Posts: 968

You basically have to throw the entire match in order to get it, like most rift challenges.

• JHondo

I'll have to give this a try, thanks for some actual advice!

• LiunUK
    LiunUK Member Posts: 944

it depends on if the survivor is going to loop or just abandon it but most survivors will loop it once so you may have to do this a multiple loops

also it works best on smaller loops like the box loops or any of the rock loops

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818

My A-plan was to throw, so I just chased the same survivor, trying to hit them with alternating bottles -- but I wasn't sure whether the yellow cloud actually needed to be yellow when they ran through it, or if white would count -- so then I just looked pathetic at the exit gates and they let me spam my bottles at them.

To this day, I don't know what the actual conditions of the challenge are, and if anybody does, I'd like to know. They run through the purple cloud and then what -- get them to run through a yellow cloud? Hit them with the yellow bottle, even if it's not a yellow cloud yet?

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

Luckily I managed to do this first try by killing the survivor's teamates then letting her live if she helped me complete the challenge

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,298

I literally just stood a good distance from them and kept chucking bottles at them. Made no attempt to chase and they just stood there, t-bagging, on the balcony of Myers house. I got my achievement and wandered off.

• Altarf
    Altarf Member Posts: 1,045

Hook somebody in the basement. Wait for a survivor to unhook. Throw a yellow bottle at the top of the basement stairs, throw a purple bottle at the bottom. Go down the stairs. Two survivors will then run through the purple and then through the yellow, which is all you need if I'm not mistaken.

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261

I would love to see dev doing those challenges live.

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 961

I got mine at the cow tree loop, using the tree height to disperse the gas with the expanding add-on and intoxicated increased add-on

• PleassBuiltInNoed
    PleassBuiltInNoed Member Posts: 618

not that hard, but annoying

use addons that increase duration of intoxication and the one that adds extra hindered, if you hit it, the survivors are super slow and u can then force them into the yellow gas

• JHondo

I finally got it on attempt 15 on Lery's at the long hall god pallet. Had two survivors there thew a yellow past them at the pallet then hit one directly with a purple, didn't break the pallet and the next time someone ran me there I threw the yellow past the pallet and hit the pallet with purple just before they vaulted.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

I had to farm for that challenge. When I read it, I didnt even tried to play it out normally lol

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549

I had a Cheryl realize what I was trying to do on my first game trying for it and willingly let me have it. I despise playing Clown so her assistance was a godsend for me getting to move on and have fun in later games. Thank you console Cheryl player who helped me about a week ago on Yamaoka Shrine - I was the clown who only had bamboozle in the third perk slot.

• JHondo

I've noticed when I have to farm challenges or achievements console players seem more willing to help while PC players will die to prevent you from progressing it. I enjoy playing Clown but the counterproductiveness of this challenge is just beyond idiotic. When I play Clown I play him as pre-rework with extra bottles and longer intoxicated duration add-ons or as only yellow speedy wall hack with increased invigoration and aura reveal add-ons. There's never been an instance I've felt the need to use both colored bottles in the same match.