The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why is this not being addressed by BHVR?

Optimisation is still worse than ever on console and PC. Frequent freezing, lagging, audio cut-outs etc... The mid-chapter patch just made these things worse for me (on pc). And unless I've missed something, I haven't seen BHVR make any form of announcement or twitter post about these issues. When can we expect to have these things fixed?

Comments

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

They either don't care or can't do it. Idk which is worse.

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187

Let's not forget about A binding of kin's release o.o

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818

I don't know what's going on, obviously, but my fear is that they've gotten themselves into a situation where they're basically just bailing water out of the ship for as long as they can without having the ability to patch the holes.

If that's true, I actually don't blame them for getting into this situation -- since they started out as a smaller studio and didn't expect DBD to grow to what it is today -- but there comes a point where you also have to have enough humility to realize that you need help, or that you might have to sacrifice some of your profits to improve the product.

Right now, the strategy seems to be to just keep it going as long as possible, and that worries me.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,743

If you, or anyone for that matter, can get a Health Chapter to be profitable I bet they hire ya on the spot.

Once inside, could you give my Piggy's add-ons some luvinz most of them are the drizzlin shyttz...

• InnCognito
    InnCognito Member Posts: 720

Balance and Counterplay.

It is difficult to say because everyone's skillset is different.

I am bad at survivor but fairly decent at playing The killers of this game. However I can say that as players learn the game, There are skill caps for them. I am not bad at looping a killer. Except I still am NOT the best. I play more STEALTH builds but perks like CHILI expose me and distortion doesn't offer me 1:1 since it has tokens. Compared to perks such as CALM SPIRIT. Whenever this procs I get attacked first any time this perk activates. I'd much rather not spend my time juking auras by entering lockers or faking my positioning on a map each time the killer makes a hook.

A killer main would state that they are wanting ways to counter the endless looping from Survivors using Jungle Gyms, T walls, L Wall combinations and window vaulting abuse. Maybe perhaps a change to Blood lust where interactions do not cancel out tiers of Blood lust.

IMO Chili ruins "last man standing" gameplay and doesn't reward efforts just the same as hatch closing. But for the killer that wants power over the last Survivor standing. They don't want a hatch stand off. Which I always felt ECG should be a timed event that starts from the beginning of the match and gives survivors 60 minutes to finish the match or be consumed by the Grasp of the Entity. So this would initially solve 3-gen stand offs.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,286

In order to not overwhelm myself with cleaning the litter.

• JacksonWise
    JacksonWise Member Posts: 651

They need to stop making new chapters until they can iron out performance issues, but that would hurt their short term profits so they don't care enough to think of the longevity of the game.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742
    1. True, the code needs to be reworked from the ground up. Amongst the big bugs and glitches we have small bugs that should not even be possible to happen (e.g. the hit animation and sound playing for killer and survivors with no actual hit on plague. this should literally be impossible with how code would call these functions/effects)
    2. a big part of the issue might also be with sony, nintendo and microsoft, who don't seem to allow bhvr to test on console? So at best they can run on emulators or take wild guesses. (IIRC, emulators are a grey area legality wise for developers, but using a modified console to test games needs the console manufacturer to give permission, which these companies apparently haven't give yet?)