Spinning exists because of controllers, sensitivity and auto-aim

gatsby
gatsby Member Posts: 2,533

Perfect spins are possible. But most of the spins that happen are usually just exploiting broken game mechanics like auto-aim to trick the game into swinging in the wrong direction. Also, PC players bullying consoles because a mouse is more responsive than joysticks.

Not sure why its seen as such a skillful thing to pull off. It's basically just a last ditch effort to save a misplay sort of like a 4% off the hook and it fails more often than not anyway.

Comments

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,657

This just happend I was swinging at a meg going for a pallet vault but apparently auto aim thought the bail of hay was a better target and swung my camera left

Its actually happen many times this is just the most recent

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,184

I don't think anyone ever considered it skillful. It was always a trick that really only worked on the rare few who didn't expect it and those that do just sit there and watch you spin in circles, then bonk you over the head.

But because of how rare it ever works, my reaction is always going to be : (o 0 o) with a sarcastic " Juiced " tagged with it.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

A David spinned me literally 5 or 6 times in a row. Kind of embarrassing. But you know, it do be that way sometimes. As I am getting better, it happens less, even though I am console. I think I was just thirsty because he was my 4th BBQ stack. Maybe if I wasn't so passionate about downing him, he would have only gotten two or three. Lol.

• Boomer_Zoomer
    Boomer_Zoomer Member Posts: 29

I thought I was going crazy, but no, the "aim dressing" constantly turns you to face nothing when you lunge to hit a survivor.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

You say this like PC killers never got spun by PC survivors before crossplay happened.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

This "tactic" is one of the worst eyesores and immersion breaking things in this game. Ankle breaking turns and charging a killer is meme fuel. I actually enjoyed when the devs messed with movement and teammates had to try hiding and escaping chase over dragging it out.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

Pretty sure you need like 75+ sensitivity to hit perfect 360s. But with auto aim, bad servers etc it's no surprise a bad tactic can work

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

Spinning was a thing long before crossplay though, hell it was a thing long before the game was even available on consoles in the first place.

I do agree that at least to me it's a last ditch effort kinda thing. I always get confused when people try to spin a non-instadown hit when they're healthy instead of just running straight to maximize the value of the hit speedboost, but if you're injured and caught out without any alternatives? Not like you lose anything by giving it a shot at that point.

• VNGNCE
    VNGNCE Member Posts: 15

spinning does have a skillcap. It isn't as simple as some people make it seem. Juking in general is where the real skillcap is. A smart "spinner" can still juke a killer who respects spinning and can distance as if they had originally spun the killer. Literally everything chase wise has a skill cap. Juking being the highest skill cap of all with the acceptation of good game logic and awareness/decision making which alot of people lack in this game. It's actually insane.

• VNGNCE
    VNGNCE Member Posts: 15

The game is so boring that way. And honestly. Immersion and hiding mid-chase does NOT work against killers with half a brain. lol even if they eliminated spinning and messed with movement you'd still be able to run a killer all game chases would still drag out spinning and juking and mindgames of all sorts are part of what makes high rank survivor fun and as a survivor I think you should be able to juke out a killer.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Fun is perspective to the player and mine doesn't involve holding forward until the killer can grab my ass.

Mid chase stealth works fine for me, just a matter of when and where it's most efficient. If another Survivor wants to run until downed that's on them. I prefer to escape the chase and actually do the objectives, no excuses not to at least safety pip. I don't see wiggle or 360s working against the killers I face anyways so I just find it dumb when a survivor turns to face the killer after the last loop could have given them the chance to shake off the chase.