When is skill based match making being added?

N851
N851 Member Posts: 27

It's just annoying being rank 15 and going against purple-red rank survivors that run meta perks and play like jesus.

Comments

• soon

:(

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,657

I feel the same im floating between 12-13 because I get a bunch of matches filled with purple and reds

Someone said its because there's not enough killers and thats why killer q times are quick

• thefallenloser
    thefallenloser Member Posts: 1,277

Wouldn’t not having enough killers imply that more survivors are getting higher ranked killers due to not having enough in their own rank?

There are a ton of low rank survivors. Low rank killers should have enough. Either the newbies are in a SWF or the matchmaking system makes no sense.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425
    edited August 2021

No because most of the higher rank killers have already quit because the problems get worse the higher you go, so all that's left is the lower rank ones who are too new to know any better or haven't gone through enough to quit yet. There's way more high rank survivors than killers, so the extras get thrown to lower ranks.

The matchmaking doesn't really care about rank after a certain amount of time, so the matchmaking is something like this:

(caution, made up numbers to get an idea across)

Red rank survivors:

Just started: "Searching for similar rank..."

Bit later: "Sorry the 5 red rank killers are already in a match or offline, expanding to purple..."

Bit later: "Sorry the 10 purple rank killers are in a match or offline expanding to green..."

Bit later: "Here you go red ranks, a green rank killer because you've been in que for 10+ minuets :)"

Meanwhile the lower rank killer:

Just started: "Ok there's 20 high rank lobbies that have been in que for 10 minuets because the killers are quitting so here you go :)"

High rank killer:

Just started: "Ok there's 25 high rank lobbies that have been looking for 1 high rank killer so here you go."

Compared to the 5 killers in red ranks there's 100 survivors, so the remaining 80 survivors go to other ranks. There's 5 killer lobbies when we need 25. Oh and a red rank just quit killer btw because of killer problems, so its 84 survivors to 4 killers now. Oh that person didn't just quit they switched sides? 85 survivors to 4 killers.

There's just so many survivors compared to killers because the killer role sucks to play for the majority of people. For whatever reason they believe, unfun, stressful, weaker role, all 3, or whatever.

Post edited by MrPenguin on
  • N851

I usually play anytime of the day, but lately I have been playing around 8 pm

• Sakurra
    Sakurra Member Posts: 1,046

That's why I don't play killer that much I played before. Because of unfair matchmaking. Most of the time getting red and purple ranks in my match while I'm between rank 8 and rank 12. Still, I wouldn't mind if they are just playing the game even if they are better than me, but they are cocky about it and it's not cool. I'm just a player who tried to have some fun and do my challenges. I don't camp or tunnel at all. They are ungrateful about that.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Won't this problem persist after sbmm? The first test a streamer called Dowsey had a 2 hour wait time for a game with his twins because he had an 800 win streak with them. The next test had almost no wait time, and the last test was 3min20s MAX every game.

It looks like they are prioritizing time over quality again so nothing will be fixed.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,873

Are you in the States? I’m on NA servers and I noticed the most sweatiest survivors prefer to play late evening, and at night. Early morning games are more chill.

• BabuDweet
    BabuDweet Member Posts: 556

hopefully soon enough, even though my killer games are gonna be unbelievably sweaty all the time now. rip

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567

That was during an older test and they fixed these insane wait times.

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567

I would guess that it will be enabled together with the Pinhead release.

I think after SBMM the wait times will get better for survivors, because more people will play killers, because not the better matchmaking.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

Hopefully asap because solo q is ######### right now

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695
    edited August 2021

The ptb has shown that there's a new ranking system to coincide with Pinhead's release. I would like to assume that it's planned to go live in September.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

Survivor is instant for me and killer takes 5+ minutes during the day.

• N851

Yes I am, idk I will have to see but still it sucks that this issue hasn't been resolved. I only have free perks and I can't do anything about top tier survivors. Every game just feels hopeless

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

It looks to work in the same way (give or take) that OverWatch does. There looks to be bronze, silver, and gold. Each rank also looks to bring with it its own tiers (1,2,3, etc).

• A_Skinny_Legend
    A_Skinny_Legend Member Posts: 919

Hopefully when pinhole releases. Although I fear that the new ranking stuff will just be a visual change, so not a complete release.

It's a possibility so keep that in mind until they say something official.

• GenoBeast
    GenoBeast Member Posts: 1

seriously, I'm only rank 18 and still trying out killers, meanwhile I'm being matchmade with people significantly higher ranked and with full builds who almost certainly know what they're doing by now (for the most part). I might be fairly decent for a newbie and have some game knowledge others might not, but I can only just barely compete with the people I'm being put up against

• VioletCrimes
    VioletCrimes Member Posts: 878

“Soon”.

• DieGräfin
    DieGräfin Member Posts: 227

The matchmaking is a little bit broken. I had often games like this. 60% of my matches I joining a 3SWF group (I think it's a SWF group because they were well coordinated)

The last one was unfortunately tunneled...

Sometimes in red ranks and sometimes I see yellow and green.

Even if I join a red group of survivors the killer is sometimes purple or green. Somehow it's broken.

• ryanb122197
    ryanb122197 Member Posts: 77

Hopefully never. But knowing BHVR who knows?