We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

If you could choose any archives entry to be rewritten which one would it be?

Options
Dito175
Dito175 Member Posts: 1,391

Pretty much the title, my top pics would be:

1- the memory wipe

2- the multiverse

3- Nurse's tome

4- Legion's tome.

Comments

• DBDude
    DBDude Member Posts: 308
    Options

Bill's, specifically his cutscene, and as a Left 4 Dead fan, this was very inaccurate.

Why is Bill wearing his tome outfit even though he wears his classic one throughout the games?

WHY DID THE TANK GO DOWN TO JUST ONE BASEBALL BAT?!

Why is the Tank standing on 2 legs most of the cutscene?

Why are the infected slow?

Why do the infected look like their rotting?

Why did they encounter the l4d2 Tank instead of the classic Tank?

So is this after the 1st week of infection or second week, but if it is second week, or 1st, why did a Tank appear even though the first Tank the ever encountered was in the l4d1 intro?

Why is their Tank gore in the cutscene when Francis blasts the Tank's head off, but that's not in l4d1 and l4d2? (I wish it was though)? Well I mean, in The last Stand update in the intro cutscene of the last stand campaign, The Hunter had his back split open so maybe? I ain't got no clue.

Where are they anyway?

And finally, why isn't Francis ranting about anything in this cutscene?

Even Matpat can't solve this stuff.

• Sackboy123
    Sackboy123 Member Posts: 465
    Options

Memory WIpe is the one I would get rid of. It contridicts previous lore. The Multiverse I kinda like, shiws that Yui can be a Survivor but also a Killer. Could also trun the Spirit/Oni Chapter inot a trilogy and have Yui be the Killer and bring the Spirit's Father or Spirit herself as a Survivor

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,149
    Options

The memory wipe thing is stupid and contradicts pretty much EVERYTHING about the Entity's realm. I wouldn't remove it per say, because if done right, it COULD work, but as it is now, it fails everything.

Legion's archive is the other I would redo. It is such a contradictory mess that pretty much makes the entire Darkness Among Us chapter pointless. Even the memory wipe thing wasn't as bad as THIS.

But beyond that, I really don't have too many problems with the other archives (including Nurse's. I have really TRIED to see this character assassination that people keep talking about, and the ONLY change I see is someone else being there to take advantage of her insanity. I honestly have more problems with Plague, the ONE killer who NEVER had a desire to kill anyone, absolutely slaughtering her adoptive father, but my issues with that comes more from how it's heralded as this masterpiece of an archive despite contradicting her established character while Nurse was barely changed and is constantly hammered on). I would probably rewrite The Hunger, because right now it reads HORRIBLY, but for a first foray, it could have been way worse.

• Keezo
    Keezo Member Posts: 452
    Options

Memory Wipe

• CheeseAnton
    CheeseAnton Member Posts: 882
    Options

Memory Wipe, 10 Billion Percent.

Maybe I'd be fine if the Entity only erased memories of the survivors dying (as having memories of you dying would be completely illogical and might make survivors lose hope to escape considering they constantly keep dying) but survivors losing memory after each trial means there is no potential for character growth, completely contradicts previous lore, and makes everything even more pointless.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,532
    Options

I haven't really kept up with them as of late, but I'd personally rewrite Legion's entry.

It contradicts their already existing lore.

• Bennett_They1Them
    Bennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,513
    Options

Nurse, Easily. I pretend it doesn't exist since it just doesn't fit with her characterization at all.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,743
    Options

^^^ this.

Oh, and Hag's entry. Think of hag what you want, but her tome was utterly lackluster and felt disconnected from her lore.

Like, why not have her be similar to claudette, just that she's arrogant towards everything not science, until she needs that 'obnoxious humbug' to save her life?

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380
    Options

The memory wipe. its completely stupid and makes no sense, teachables exist SOLELY because the survivors communicate between trials. Nearly A L L of the lore they wrote before the introduction of the memory wipe makes absolutely no sense because it works off the assumption that survivors maintain their memories between trials. It also makes the void make sense because a survivor would become emotionally drained from that many trials, but nope now i guess the process just happens automatically despite the trials feeling like a first time for each survivor. This bit of lore also entirely screws over benedict bakers character, and vigo's if they are still gonna bother writing him. Its stupid.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,520
    Options

Hag’s gave us more questions than answers so I’d go with her

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

Nurse absolutley no question. Her tome lore is terrible and so contradictory on all of her previous lore.