Why So Salty?

HisLilGuppy
HisLilGuppy Applicant, Member Posts: 23
edited August 2021 in General Discussions

Why are players so salty? This community has become a toxic its unreal, the higher into the survivor ranks I go the more salty people get when things don't go their way. As a killer I get so much hate even when I let everyone go after farming. Only time I kill a survivor is if they keep clicking their flashlight because the sound gets obnoxious.

One guy went off on the entire party because he died first due to tunneling and said we should have stopped it. How do you stop a killer who has their eye on one person ??? He was mad he lost his rank 3.

Hoping my kid gets cancer and dies? Hoping I am forever barren ? Threatening to track me down and beat the (bad word) out of me FOR A GAME?

Comments

• BabuDweet
    BabuDweet Member Posts: 556

You shouldn't be shocked at this point. This community is immensely toxic and entitled.

I don't get it either but it is what it is unfortunately.

• A_Skinny_Legend
    A_Skinny_Legend Member Posts: 919

That's so bad, tbh the whole world needs therapy right now.

• HisLilGuppy

I think they need to chill out and find a new hobby imo

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

You'd be surprised how often this happens. It's gonna get worse from here

• HisLilGuppy

It's quite mind blowing to me that it's over a game like why are they so intense??

• BabuDweet

People take this game beyond serious. We can all get frustrated but many people take it way too far.

I agree, people like that shouldn't even be playing games with half the stuff they say and how they act.

• HisLilGuppy

I 100% with you they shouldn't be around people if they're miserable. I get frustration I get frustrated when I have 6 rounds in a row of being tunneled but I don't wish anything bad to happen except maybe their Wi-Fi goes out but I don't say anything to them about it either.

Honestly i don't fathom how people can take a game so serious

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

I dunno about you but most pvp games I played were toxic and full of people trying too hard to make everyone else miserable as much as possible.

• HisLilGuppy

I had issues in COD but just the typical trash talk not threats and wishing ill will upon my kin or myself.

I dont understand people who are so miserable they gotta try to bring others done and be so hateful. If I wanted that type of hate id just go to a family reunion

• ImHexyAndINoed
    ImHexyAndINoed Member Posts: 504

I have people being d**** to me regardless of what side I play/ what I do when playing. You'll probably grow mumb to it eventually but do your best yo ignore it for now

• HisLilGuppy

I mean I just brush it off for the most part but how can someone have so much hate over a game I'll never understand

• Ludicris
    Ludicris Member Posts: 244

People say it's not as bad as other games. Because it's not - it's worse. I wouldn't even be surprised if the whole community pulls a Blizzard.

• HisLilGuppy

I never played Blizzard games except Diablo 3 (I think it's Blizzard ) but I played offline completely

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

I don’t know how their community is but diablo3 was no where near as good as Diablo 2.

it seems that egos are easily bruised in this type of game. I never have msgs on due to salty survivors. I never had a killer msg me giving me crap but I’ve seen posts of killers raging like fools. It’s a shame.

• Ludicris
    Ludicris Member Posts: 244

Basically the same you see here. Rampant toxicity, a broken game, and streamlining cosmetics/money making. Players get fed up and left the game for something better. To boot all the sexual harassment allegations didn't help their cause.

Dead by Daylight in my opinion is walking down the exact same path. Too much toxicity, broken game, and focusing mostly on making money. With nothing being done about the broken game or the toxicity.

• JanelliBee17
    JanelliBee17 Member Posts: 36

That is the last kind of attitude the good side of this community needs. No, I refuse to stand for, "it is what it is". I have yelled at friends and my S/O for using toxic post-game chat. Guess what? They don't act like that anymore. I have NEVER seen comments like that towards myself neither while being a survivor having a heated convo with the killer or while being a killer. However, I have seen horrid toxicity from one survivor to another. The idea is to help other survivors. But if with a group of toxic people, you often become a survivor targetted by survivors. And here are two examples.

I played a trial against the Plague. It was down to me and one other person. I did not know they were part of SWF. But as was I. My friend, dead and just sitting idly by. Plague puked on the gen I was going for so I sat quietly waiting for the puke to go away. I assumed the other survivor was doing the same. I hopped on the gen when the green cloud was gone and got made by the killer. After she hit me I ran across the map, healed, and started making my way back to the gen. I thought I saw a chest in the killer shack (it didn't) but proceeded to break a dull totem I saw when the other survivor body blocked me until the killer came, then ran away. Thankfully, we both got killed because screw them. But their teammate waited in chat to ######### talk me about how I was doing nothing and a POS, hiding in a locker all game. Yet, the fact that her teammate had time to body block me like the toxic piece of work she was, implies she was really the one not doing anything, hiding in a locker.

The other one happening just today. Another SWF while I was also SWF. The other two-man SWF brought a key and annotated blueprint. But the key holder proceeded to hide in the basement while their friend was hooked waiting for my friend and I to go get their friend off-hook. I was busy opening a chest in the basement, while they hid! So I was like, absolutely not. I wasn't getting killed to save their friend while they hid to wait for me and my friend to die so they could get hatch. It came down to me and the key holder and my friend was watching them, and said "They're going to the hatch, hurry." Well, I did and they decided to hide go hide once they saw me approach. Thinking, if I got downed maybe they would save me and take me to the hatch. Nope when I wasnt near, they jumped in giving the killer time to close the hatch. I gave up and walked right up to the killer. Instead, he gave me the real win, through the exit gate! Good man, I tell you!

Why survivors do that to one another is completely unfair. But, to anyone reading, hold yourself accountable. This game is meant to be fun. Try to keep it fun and don't add to the toxicity of the game. Try to be one of good guys(survivors and killers alike), like MASONARY142 the best Clown I have ever played against! Again, what a good man (or woman)!

• Inspire
    Inspire Member Posts: 123

You're saying you've never got death threats while playing COD? Weird...

• BabuDweet

I'm not reading all that mate.

No actually people have to accept people get on like this. Literally it is the way some people are in this world.

Don't tell me about my attitude when some people complain about everything in this game, sometimes people like you need to accept that people act toxic and that is it.

I'm not saying it's okay or right but God like get over it sometimes.

Also stop acting like telling someone off once or something instantly stops their behaviour like alright dude sureeeeee.