When will DBD be fixed on previous gen console

Dead by daylight still hasn’t been completely fixed for previous gen consoles since the update that was supposed to fix lag and performance issues. I still have issues using dead hard and when I play killer I still get lag spikes when survivors use dead hard. It happens much less often compared to how much it used to fresh from the R.E chapter but it’s ridiculous how we still have to play a game that doesn’t even work.

when I play survivor: I have less lag and performance issues compared to when I play killer it’s only when I use dead hard.

when I play killer: it’s not always the same as I played a killer game as oni recently and every swing I had a lag spike (not exaggerating) every swing caused a lag spike and I had no choice but to DC which gave me a penalty as I couldn’t play that match. That issue has only happened once (two days ago) but it was a ridiculous match and I shouldn’t have been punished for the devs not being able to optimise their game properly. I still get lag spikes when survivors vault and so rushed actions but again not as much as when R.E chapter was just released.

Do not say it’s time for an upgrade I’m currently playing on an Xbox one x and am trying to look for a next gen console but they’re all out of stock in my area and I’m not buying from someone selling it for over it’s original sale price.

Comments

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

I have no idea.

These issues have been going on for years now and I've no idea when we will get a fix.

I've asked Mandy if they can give us a vague time estimate, but I don't think they are able to.

I'd say hopefully within 6 months, but that's coming from me, someone who has nothing to do with BHVR.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    edited August 2021

Never would be a good guess.

Edit: My suggestion, try turning off crossplay. At least everyone is effed there. Wait times on surv are long tho in my experience but it is better on killer.

I turn it off or on depending on lobby times.

• DouubleYou
    DouubleYou Member Posts: 28

You would think it would be a priority as I imagine most of their player-base are on consoles, but the fact that it has taken so long to address shows even more that console versions are just a cash grab and they don't really care.

• justbecause
    justbecause Member Posts: 1,521

Nope instead let's add more characters and break game even more but you know money money money

• JesseJH28
    JesseJH28 Member Posts: 483

They announced console optimization nearly three years ago, so it should be ready aaaaaaaaaany day now 🙃

I feel your pain. We'll probably suffer through this for as long as they continue making a high enough profit from consoles