Do you like SBMM

HaunterofShadows
HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

Simple question yay or nay

Do you like SBMM 67 votes

Yay
47%
VolantConch1719TapeKnotDimekSacrilegeGGAven_FallenLeonardo1ita[Deleted User]musstang62TaigaCleviteCornHubFilthyLegionMainMadLordJackCrowmanRattiusGuest1567432DoomedMindMarc_go_soloadirgeforthedeadgetuy45u4iu 32 votes
Nay
52%
Seiko300kodiakyNightgamer454brokedownpalaceFreddy96zach3734ElusivePukkaGeneralVInsaneCoasterthefallenloserLordRegalNomaddD3spairScary_Punk_GhostRobotfangirl67Truth_Onlyxtr4medarwinsbrainsteponmeadirisBrodieDBD 35 votes

Comments

• FeelsBadMan
    FeelsBadMan Member Posts: 570

Tbh I saw next to 0 difference while playing survivor. Killer on the other hand... I did like 7 adepts while it was on last time LMAO

• musstang62
    musstang62 Member Posts: 517
    Yay

If this helps to give the design team better data on higher level play and leads to actually good balance decisions, then I'm all for it

Also, matchmaking has been one of the biggest criticisms of this game since forever, so I'm at glad they're at least attempting to make that area of the game better

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060
    Yay

The latest test was alright, so I am actually looking forward to it this time.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209
    Nay

My experiences were very negative in all the tests, my queue times increased, and with absolutely no transparency on your own score or even any indication of how the system works or what it even considers a win, I have very little faith in BHVR to make it work for anybody that even kind of knows how to play the game.

I'll give it a shot, mostly to play pinhead, but depending on how it goes this will very likely be the last chapter I play of this game

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380
    Yay

It made my survivor games actually enjoyable, but made my killer games literally unbearable. We'll have to see when it is fully instated.

• Ladybird
    Ladybird Member Posts: 12
    Nay

I'm more in the middle but overall I don't think it will even be that much less random than it is currently. I mean, how do you even rate someone's skill in this extremely unbalanced game. Is a Bubba who facecamped the entire match and got 1 or 2 extra kills with NoED on average going to be rated the same as a very good Billy with meme perks who reaches the same average kill ratio?

Is an immersed survivor who runs Left Behind and escapes through hatch a majority of his games going to be considered better than survivors that are good at looping and who go out of their way to get chased a bunch all game and then dying because they wanna save their teammates/give the killer a kill/are just bored?

I think that the devs just wont be able to account for all these variables and the matchmaking will end up being completely worthless for the majority of the playerbase, while making very very good killers/survivors have to play like their lives depend on it if they wanna win. Granted I didn't play the PTB when it was implemented so maybe I'm way off, but that's my take.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866
    Yay

It’s fine but my problem with it is right now in this state of the game with how many imbalanced things is my concern about SBMM.

• InsaneCoaster
    InsaneCoaster Member Posts: 305
    Nay

Getting better data can be done anyway behind the scenes. You could even have a hidden MMR score that doesn't affect matchmaking at all but instead ranks the skill of the player in order to find game data at different skill levels.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,159

I'm indifferent to it. I didn't see any change in my matches. Either had good group of randoms and we did well against killer or I had useless/underskilled players and the killer destroyed us. Pretty inconsistent, just like it is now, only difference was I couldn't see the rank.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

Not sure. During the last test I was taking a break from DbD so I haven't experienced it. I like the idea though...

• MikeyMMC
    MikeyMMC Member Posts: 8
    Nay

Same here, I'm wary and willing to try. I'm looking forward to maybe getting more competent teammates; it's tiring seeing teammates dive bombing hook and getting into a chase and downed. I'm scared how (possibly) sweaty killers will be forced to be now.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    Nay

The fact that the responses are this split and mixed is a really bad thing for the future of SBMM- frankly it seems to me the overall community just doesn't have enough confidence in this system (including me) for it to to work and there are far too many uncertain variables about how it works to place that confidence in it.

It sounds like a fantastic idea in theory, and I'm sure the people that like it are very much in favor of the concept rather than the actual in-practice mechanic itself.

The devs insistent REFUSAL to be transparent about how even just the bare bones foundation / structure of the system works (not enough to game the system and rig your own hidden MMR ratings but just enough so that we know what is going on behind the scenes and whether or not the factors they've determined are accurate to how player skill is reviewed) is what pushes me over the edge and I find very frustrating. Saying "everything is fine! We like the results we got from recent previous tests and the direction this system is heading in" just frankly isn't enough for me.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,180
    Yay

It was way better beforehand. And there was certainly a lot more positivity around this ranking than any other ranking. So I'm definitely looking forward to it.

• DoomedMind
    DoomedMind Member Posts: 793
    Yay

... but who says SBMM says Unranked Matchmaking.

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326

I'm undecided as of right now as we've only seen tests just far. I'd want to see how SBMM fares after being in the game for a few weeks or even a month. By then, we'd be able to get a good estimate on if it's working or not.

• VikingWilson
    VikingWilson Member Posts: 789

It's been out for a few hours, give it a week for your SBMMs to flatten out.

• Leon_S_Kennedy
    Leon_S_Kennedy Member Posts: 66
    Yay

I think it is fun to get baby survivors or killers