We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Death is not an escape. What if

Options
BarbecueiChilli
BarbecueiChilli Member Posts: 138

What if this has another meaning. When we see this we think about survivors and maybe killer dying in entity's realm but not escaping from this. BUT what if it's not the case, what if death of the entity is not an escape for people trapped in his realm? I was thinking about this some time. That means that there's no happy ending. What do you think about this speculation?

Comments

• BarbecueiChilli
    Options

We have killer that manifested himself because of survivor's memories, minotaur. Yes, this is a cosmetic but in lore he just have the same power as oni.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,811
    Options

I'd find it pretty dull, to be honest. If, throughout this whole tale, it ends with: "And the Entity is the God and there is no escape", it feels cheap and lackluster.

I'm all for a near-powerful being, but every good horror monster has a weakness. If this skips it, it just runs the problem of a pointless narrative where there is no purpose. I've never been a fan of those - like it's a get-out clause for not knowing how to end, so sod it, there's nothing good here.

The phrase "Death is not an escape" is open to interpretation, but I read it as "Death is not an escape, but there are other ways". Otherwise, it would be "Death is no escape". That's about as nihilistic as you can get. If there's no true hope, then fear means nothing and the story goes mute.

• BarbecueiChilli
    Options

I like bad endings more. Also if you can kill something, why are you fearing this? if you can't kill it, then you suffering will never stop. It's more scarier to me, but your opinion is your opinion, I respect it

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,811
    Options

Yeah, that's a fair comment, and likewise I respect yours. Maybe for me it's more about fear needing hope to be true fear. If there is no hope, then I feel fear soon leaves in favour of apathy.

Mind you, if dark endings and indestructable beings are what you're after, there is a terrific podcast called "The Magnus Archives" you may like to try. The cosmic horror grows as the seasons go on, and season 5 is like Dante's Inferno, but dialled up to 11.