We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Pyramid Head and The Entity.

Options
tuxedoseal
tuxedoseal Member Posts: 54

so i was doing dbd talk with my friend, and he mentioned that pyramid head is possibly powerful enough to actually kill the entity. and i wasnt sure but i also didnt know if it was true since he knows alot about silent hill, where as i only know the characters (kind of). so i want to ask

is it possible for pyramid head to kill the entity?

Comments

• BarbecueiChilli
    BarbecueiChilli Member Posts: 138
    Options

We don't know, we only know that ph is here because entity asked him, but it doesn't mean that entity can be killed by him. Maybe entity is more powerful than ph and ph but he's asleep so he can't use it against them, who knows.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,811
    Options

Pyramid Head alone would not be able to defeat the Entity. It's what it is linked to that causes a problem, since Pyramid Head has links to a God in the Sun Goddess.

Currently, Pyramid Head is a parasite feeding off a cosmic-sized parasite. But the Entity did have to make some sort of negotiation to bring Pyramid Head onboard, and the map for Midwich is held by great chains.

This is most likely blasphemy to some, but in general I feel the Entity isn't as all-consuming as it likes to portray itself as.

• Marc_go_solo
    Options

"There was an unspoken agreement" between Pyramid Head and the Entity. Surely, such a powerful parasite like the Entity needs no such thing. Besides, this Entity has difficulties enough - "it could not subdue her rage" says Rin's description. The Huntress temporarily loses her connection to the Entity with Beast Of Prey. Sorry, but if the Entity is this all-powerful being, such weaknesses to lesser beings should not happen.

The Entity also shows itself to the observer as a Cthulu-like being. It wants the observer to see. So I wonder if the observer is vital to its survival in some way. If it wants to allow the observer to see this, it's portraying itself. Not sure why. Maybe what it shows isn't all truth. Maybe it needs people to think that so it feeds off the fear, pain and strong emotions humans emit.

Ultimately, whatever you wish to think, the player interprets what they want from the game. In the information presented to me thus far, I don't even think the Entity is a top dog. More some parallel universe travelling parasite with weaknesses and hiccups. I'll stick with mine, because the information I take from it suggests it. But I am happy to read other takes.

Cosmic horror and the "insignificance of man" bores me too much though. The only things we know are through our senses. Without an individual's sensory input, the universe doesn't appear to exist.

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,247
    Options

his sword is bigger

• tuxedoseal
    tuxedoseal Member Posts: 54
    Options

thank you for this insightful comment DwightFairfield

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,391
    Options

I like to think it's a mix of both, the entity is an all mighty being and no man can pose a threat to it in a direct way, and it also has some hiccups here and there.

Myers being able to mori without an offering is something so tiny that the entity often ignores. With the observer it would be one of the hiccups, since he is invulnerable to it inside the tower, the entity tries to reach him in other ways.

With Ph I see as that the Sun goddes and the entity are similar beings with similar power levels so the entity couldn't just go and take him, an offer had to be made. With him hurting trial grounds and moring without an offering I headcanon that the due to his connection with the sun goddes the entity can't change him much, it's like a hacker trying to mess with an encrypted file.

• Marc_go_solo
    Options

That's a fair comment to make. My take on the observer though is that it's not necessarily an error the Entity made, moreover a purpose the observer is unwittingly participating in.

This tower could be its feeding centre. The Entity feeds off strong emotions, but I wonder as part of that it needs a bit more than digesting in trial: it needs it to be "seen". And the observer fits that purpose.

I know it's only a coincidence, but the observer was originally going to be called the Archivist. In a podcast I'm quite a fan of - "The Magnus Archives" - there's a very strong similarity (spoilers for Magnus Archives ahead).

The Archivist is a position held in the Magnus Institute where statements of horrific incidences are witnessed, investigated and recorded. Unknown until later on, the Magnus Institute is actually a tool of a Fear called "The Eye". There are 15 Fears which act like Eldritch deities; each representing a gathering of fears. The Eye, for example, represents the fear of being watched and judged, and feeds upon witnessing horrific events through the Archivist. At least, that's the bare bones of it.

My guess is the Observer in the DBD reality is not there by luck, and he still witnesses strange events, the strong parts of the killer and survivor previous lives, as well as the trials and all the suffering that goes within it. But also the Entity isn't always a reliable narrator: different takes on the archives and lore in The Nurse, for example.

So I have an idea in part that, whilst the Entity Is immensely powerful, it also requires a lot to feed on, and the Observer is some sort of witness/ digestion it needs to process with, even if it's to illicit fear or strong emotions from the Observer himself, by providing him with information of an almost impossible situation.

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380
    edited September 2021
    Options

Pinhead very likely serves the entity out of his own volition, i highly doubt he'd ever attempt to harm it. The entity allows him to bring his outer realms of experience to an infinite host of subjects. He can essentially fulfill all of his desires relatively indefinitely, so it can be assumed he has developed a servant relationship with the entity like he has leviathan. But considering he can cross between dimensions, he can likely return to hell at a whim if leviathan desires it. But i do believe he enjoys serving the entity, being a demon he likely has a penchant for the ritualistic.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    edited September 2021
    Options

Weaknesses yes, hiccups yes. But the ability to be able to be killed by a single- hell, even by multiple killers in the roster? I don't think so.

If anything the way I think about it is it's like the Roman Empire- a vast realm which continues to invade and expand its territory. With so much power and might that it actually cannot keep up with the rate of expanse and is stretched thin in certain regions at its borders.

In these parts that are "stretched thin" yes, I can absolutely agree the entity probably suffers from a few unintentional hiccups and errors. In our own human bodies mutations occur all the time in our genetic coding down to our DNA and no organism is built entirely perfect (and the entity itself is biological in nature). It is by no means a truly omnipotent and omnipresent being in the perfect sense of those words, however, despite these hiccups the entity is still far more powerful than any individual or multiple killers that it has retained in its realm.

That is my point- that the "hiccups" in the grand scheme of things are largely completely meaningless, the mutations we experience in our bodies all the time? Most of them are completely harmless to our health- they don't actually do anything to us and its why we don't notice them.

So what's really going to happen if Anna briefly loses connection with the entity? What happens when Rin Yamoaka is so filled with rage the entity can't absorb all that emotion much like how we as humans don't actually absorb 100% of the nutrients of the food we consume in own bodies? The answer to me is very clear, by and large: nothing.

It's sort of like how you can subtract any integer (any regular whole number) from infinity. What's 1 minus infinity? 100 minus infinity? 1,000, 100,000, 100000000000000000000 minus infinity? I can keep adding zeros all day but it doesn't matter. Because the answer is still infinity. Likewise, any detriments the entity experiences to its own power by comparison to say Pyramid Head or anyone else for that matter is for the most part entirely insignificant.

EDIT: So to summarize, no- the Entity itself is not Omnipotent in the perfect sense and definition. However, it is so very nearly close to omnipotence, that it would be more accurate to call it omnipotent than not. Or at the very least so close to omnipotence and so very powerful that to call it anything less than that would be a misrepresentation, and give people who have not read the lore an inaccurate image of the entity and what it is. That is my perspective.

And the "unspoken agreement" likewise is equally meaningless to me- it does not make sense for any organism to expend energy unnecessarily. If the entity doesn't have to, it won't go out of its way to torment killers like Ghostface, Trickster, Pinhead, etc. Killers that are happy to enjoy the fruits and thrills of existence within the realm of the entity. Because again- the entity is not "deliberately evil" like the Bond Villain comparison I made earlier. It is closer akin to a "natural evil" sort of like the Shark in Jaws. It does what it needs to to survive and nothing more and it doesn't deliberately torture what it doesn't need to, only when extra incentive is necessary.