With Hawkins leaving would you like to see a new indoor map?

Options

I certainly would. While I was never too fond of Hawkins I still adored it for being so spot on for Stranger Things and being a genuinely uncomfortable map to play on- something most indoor maps capture the spirit of extremely well.

The Game, Lery's and Midwich are all some of my favorite maps because of how much scarier the game gets when you are playing on them.

I really hope that the next map BHVR decides to give us is an indoor map of some kind. What would you like to see? Personally I would love a Gothic castle with a vampire killer.

Comments

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

I’d rather not have any tbh. They just aren’t ever as balanced or fun as outdoor maps imo

• BabuDweet
    BabuDweet Member Posts: 556
    Options

Honestly? Indoor maps have grown on me the last few months. I never thought I would say it...

Midwich is literally my favourite indoor map and up there with one of the most fun to play on for me as survivor.

Next is Hawkins so I'm really bummed that it's leaving, hopefully they take the layout and just make a reskin outta it.

But after the recent disaster of rpd, I'm afraid of the devs touching another indoor map 😅😂

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

SAME I love Midwich. I feel like it's the best indoor map for both sides.

Also there's a reason I didn't mention RPD in my post :x

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

I love indoor maps, because they are made of los-breakers and are juke heaven for survivors (usually)

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,792
    Options

Honestly no I fear they'd go the Hawkins route where there's 30 pallets but haha all are unsafe

• Phasmamain
    Options

Definitely agreed but literally none of the indoor maps are balanced at all

Lery’s: Hidden gens and potentially broken window spawns

hawkins: Unsafe pallet city with very little useful windows

Midwich: hold W the map

rpd: I don’t have to explain this one

• Phasmamain
    Options

Still doesn’t account for certain killer powers like hillbilly or blight. Currently the game is the best contender for layout but it’s pallets make it way too unbalanced

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,986
    edited September 2021
    Options

While I love Hawkins, as the best indoor map, the last three new maps have all been indoor, so an outdoor map would be a nice change of pace.

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719
    Options

Yes, I would. Out of three dozen maps there are like five that are indoors. Coldwind, Autohaven, Badham and Macmillan take up more than half of all available maps combined.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

I prefer indoor maps, but i'm still waiting on my urban-setting cul-de-sac map.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,097
    Options

I hate indoor maps but if it was similar to Hawkins and nowhere near as terrible as Midwich and RPoopD, I’d be fine with it.

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719
    Options

Are you being serious (I ask because it could be read as sarcasm)? If so I'd be curious to hear more. That sounds intriguing.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

Yes and no. I wouldn't mind another indoor map if it had an interesting design/theme. But we haven't gotten an outdoor map for a while either, and I'm kind of getting tired of indoor maps.

• DontNerf
    DontNerf Member Posts: 990
    Options

Agreed id rather it have 20 god pallets like the game.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,453
    Options

This sums it up nicely. Toss in bad frame rates as well, especially on Lery's.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

In the first year of DbD, i put this up as a joke question for the weekly streams they used to do.

Why would i? You'll have to ask my younger-self why, i have no clue.

Mathieu was one of the ones at the table and he read my question.

They said they couldn't do it in Haddonfield cause license, but it isn't out of the question.

Now i don't know how licenses work and if this reasoning is still applicable today, but godamn it i'm gonna get my cul-de-sac map.

• Pukenplag
    Pukenplag Member Posts: 1,454
    edited September 2021
    Options

9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, absolut 9!!!

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
    Options

Since the layout is original they can make it into an original map fix the many issues of Old Hawkins. Make it possibly into a second map for Lerys since each map should at least have two variations

• CriticalWeasel
    CriticalWeasel Member Posts: 378
    Options

I would like the same... style but the pallets are improved.

Like why is there so many pallets and in the same time so many unsafe ones.

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250
    Options

Yes please. I am going to miss the lab :< I am one of the odd ones that enjoys indoor maps.

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980
    Options

Rather than just an indoor or outdoor map, I'd like to see one that is half and half. Do something like a Mansion with a large garden. Lots of potential for vaults, windows or course, and hiding spots. Crotus comes pretty close, but the building in the middle isn't big enough imo. It would be interesting to have a full half the map indoors, then the other half outdoors.

Would like to see the Lab reworked completely. I hate the map, but love the atmosphere. Especially the change from "normal" over to the room with the portal in it.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

NOOOO

No more indoor maps

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,096
    Options

No. They somehow manage to have more performance issues than the outdoor maps.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

My only issue with indoor maps is the lack of grass. There aren't many good places to plant my traps. In Hawkins there is quite a few debris lying around. With a tar bottle traps are pretty difficult to spot on those. Lerys on the other hand is just terrible for trapper. There's no hiding traps on that map.

• SPADESinst
    SPADESinst Member Posts: 76
    Options

I love indoor maps, I don't care how badly designed they are, I still manage to have fun with them somehow.

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,695
    Options

Not really no, indoor maps are never particularly fun to play on unless you're scratched mirror myers,