The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Do you think you will ever see The Twins again once SBMM gets released?

Since they got nerfed they are extremely awful to play as, very easy to dodge on indoor maps with lots of small loops, too easy to punish victor for missing pounces and even when you hit them, someone else just comes from behind and kicks you, they are just weak AF overall...

If you think these killers are good and will be able to rank up normally, please explain how am i supposed to play an Addonless Twins (any and every perk available).

Comments

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,286

Well, with the new SBMMR, I will be venturing back to playing more killer since my terrible butt shouldn't be matched against sweaty swf turds. I've been wanting to try the Twins out and have 100k shards so I'll probably purchase them soon and have fun just running around with little vicky.

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,366

Hopefully not

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,957

I'm like middle mmr so no ill probably never see certain killers like never lol

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187

Yeah I'm going to have to disagree with this.

I've gotten several 4ks in red ranks without add-ons.

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567

Why do you think that? Being in the middle should give you the most variety IMO.

• gentacle
    gentacle Member Posts: 260

i'm looking forward to playing twins again with deadlock (if there isn't a weird change from PTB to live where it becomes absolutely crippled) personally

• Freddy96
    Freddy96 Member Posts: 767

Why you play addonsless? Also twins against solos are really strong

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687
    edited September 2021

Depends on where you are in MMR, at High MMR levels you might actually start to see them since they are a decently strong killer that just feels awful to play and play against.

Twins problem isnt a balance one, it's a fun one.

After you down someone with victor, victor has a 5 second stun, then you have a 2 second stun when you wake up charolette to go hook them for a staggering 7 second stun after you down someone with victor unless you're just playing like a slug lord, which feels completely awful to play.

What I think they should do with twins is:

Allow you to switch back to charolette during the stun after a pounce with victor.

Reduce the time it takes for charolette to wake up from 2 seconds to 1 or 1.5 base kit.

They should lower the stun time after hitting a survivor with victor to 4 seconds. They should raise the miss to 4 seconds (hit and miss is now the same)

They should make it so if victor is within the no swap range of a hook after you hook a survivor he dies to prevent victor camping.

Victor should have a longer cooldown when crushed on miss, like 12-15 seconds. If he dies on the environment, due to hook proximity, or was crushed after hitting a survivor, or was detached from a survivor, he has the regular 6 seconds

This should make playing as and against the twins feel less awful.

• DeliciousFood
    DeliciousFood Member Posts: 464

They're around the same level as Hag. So you might see them in higher MMR but not at the top. It'll probably be dedicated mains in this case, and they're notoriously powerful. Or, some people will want to try them out so they may actually be very popular in bottom MMR since most individuals don't bother with them, but with the MMR incentive they might for easy BP.

Otherwise they're insanely oppressive to non-swf's, and people hate to play them for some reason. I personally find Victor fun and the strategic aspects of the killer interesting as the player. For survivors it just sucks if you can't communicate.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 537
    edited September 2021

We won't see the other killers neither except 5

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    edited September 2021

I don't get your point about sbmm? I mean we know Nurse, Spirit, Blight will be played by killers that only wants to go against the best survivors all the time. The rest will play whatever killer they play now.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

If I never see Twins again I’ll be happy about it, not gonna lie.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I might play more Nurse and potentially buy Spirit BECAUSE I will play against potato survivors as a potato Nurse/Spirit. I might play a bit more Trickster too. But I am not sure about the MMR. I was REALLY good at his old version and this new one just feels sus. No idea if my mmr dropped or if I still need to get my kpoppers smacked before I can enjoy him casually.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

I play addonless with several killers. If you can play them proper without the aid of addons, then you can do very well when using them. plus I’m like to see how many addons I can collect.

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,837

The point I am making is not that you cannot win at a higher level without addons, but that addons are meant to be used on killers. There is a clear distinction with what I said, please read through it more carefully next time.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

I look forward to being able to try out the twins and maybe learn them a bit. I doubt I ever use them much because I just don’t like their design but I at least like to understand how to use each killer

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,957
    edited September 2021

well last test I went against trapper like 70% of the time so I doubt it'll be variety

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,133

They'll be there, somewhere. The Twins are quite an underrated killer, and in the right hands can be quite dangerous.

Granted, they're not the most likely to cause problems, but they are a rather wasted killer, considering how they're often seen as a very capable killer.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

I hope not.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    edited September 2021

H0onestly this. I've always said they need to punish messing up, not doing well, but instead they give you multiple chances but punish you for succeeding. its nonsensical!

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 961

I shall be around haha, want to test deadlock and scourge hook gift of pain on them and see how it compares.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,078

I assume we'll still see them, because it's one of those killers like Trickster in that some people call them D tier, and for some reason others call them S tier.

• LiunUK
    LiunUK Member Posts: 944

I have not seen the twins since January so that probably wont change when the mmr activates

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,047

Of course, SBMM will not change anything for the vast majority of players.

I hope that I dont see Twins tho.

• SPADESinst
    SPADESinst Member Posts: 84

I meannnn, I have played as them before I do find them fun to play but also against. Guess I'm the only one who would mind seeing them more and playing them.

• botrax
    botrax Member Posts: 633

Not really because the nurse, blight and spirit when audio are fix will be at the top of mmr. The worst killer the game have to offer like trapper, legion and myers will be at the bottom of the ladder so if you are in the middle you wont see them often i pressume

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246

I hate them, always have since the PTB. I'd rather play against a Legion than a Twins, cause at least if they're playing Legion it doesn't mean they tunnel and camp every game.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142

With all the Twins hate in this thread, it might be time for me to finally learn to play them. 🤣

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

While Twins are rare (already right now) they can be pretty strong even on high skill matches when in the right hands.

so for those fearing they won’t see the Twins again because they are too highly skilled: that’s not the reason and will have nothing to do with SBMM

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,837

Agreed and I did not say they should be addon dependent, just that not running addons on them is not the desired outcome of the design.

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567

Not everyone who plays those killers will be very good with them... so many will have lower MMR even with top tier killers.