Silly Idea: Doctor Who DLC

Dipper
Dipper Member Posts: 153
edited September 2021 in Creations

Don't take this one too seriously. While playing the Cenobite I thought about other media themes that could fit DbD and I came to the conclusion that Doctor Who could fit pretty well in there. As a map you have the inside of the TARDIS. As Survivors we have Amy Pond and Rory Williams, as the Killer we have a Zygon.

Killer Ability: Shapeshifting

This is more of a "multiple ability" function. While you cannot morph into another survivor, you can shapeshift into one of three entities. Using the ability of each entity fills up an ability meter:

Weeping Angels: Insanely fast. Can travel as fast as the Hilbilly can sprint. If a survivor looks at it within 20m range, the Angel turns into stone and stalks the survivors which fills up the ability meter. After 5 seconds, the killer morphs back into the Zygon. If no survivor looks at the angel, the killer warps back into a Zygon after 10 seconds

Dalek: Can shoot lasers within a 12m range. This works similar to the huntress. Daleks cannot vault but still destroy pallets and walls. If stunned or after 30 seconds passed, the killer morphs back into a Zygon. Every hit or destroyed pallet will fill up the ability meter

Vashta Nerada: The carnivorous shadow. Appears as a very dark spot on the ground that can slow down survivors and hurt them if they stay long enough in the shadow. If a survivor is hurt or the killer gets shine on with a flashlight, the Killer gets stunned and morphs back into the Zygon. The ability meter will fill up while the shadow is under a survivor.

When the ability meter is full the Zygon gains a point and all ability cooldowns get reduced by a second. The ability meter then resets to 0.

This of course would be way too complex for Dead by Daylight, but I like the idea of a killer that could combine some of the other killers abilities.

Also I thought of a killer perk that, if equipped, will affect vaults. If a survivor vaults 3 times through the same window in a chase and the entity would block that window, instead the entity destroys the vault and basically creates a door. The vault will respawn after 3 minutes

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• ThePolice
    ThePolice Member Posts: 801

Survivor would obviously be the doctor

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

I think a companion would fit more, Donna noble is the only option..

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,199
    edited September 2021

The only villain I think would actually fit in DBD as a killer is the Weeping Angel, and even then, their power wouldn't work in DBD, because you'd completely eliminate chases, and they'd only be able to down survivors by catching them unaware. It'd be everything survivors complain about with both Nurse and Spirit rolled into one easily bulliable statue.

I would love something a bit similar though, a killer that gets faster by stalking, and then back down to 115% when visible, and 110% when the survivor is staring at them ala Ghost Face. Would be a decent way of adding in non-chase map pressure.