The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

To Help Speed Up End Game

Nos37
Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142
edited October 2018 in General Discussions

I hear a lot of Killers, myself included, who don't like having to hit each Survivor teabagging at the exit just to get them to leave. Every time Killers complain about this, the majority of Survivors claim they are waiting around to make sure all the other Survivors have made it out alive safely.

Have a new Survivor status icon for the HUD that shows a Survivor has entered the Exit Area (but hasn't yet escaped).
Have it remain that way for 15 seconds after returning to the Trial Area, unless injured or downed.
Have it only visible to Survivors, though.

Comments

• Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    If can only survivors see it don't you think it would be useful like a broken condom?
  • Nos37

Survivors will no longer have the excuse of sticking around because they're making sure the other Survivors are safe.

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Nos37 said:

Survivors will no longer have the excuse of sticking around because they're making sure the other Survivors are safe.

Would means a change much needed to blood warden should be applied too, also you're not supposed to have security of knowing if other survivors are ok. Not all details should be given as that is another too to let a solo know a gate is open and they don't have to try to open another door. The end game just needs a change like timed doors or something not a quick fix. The problem is the mechanic, not the ui. 
  • MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    Nos37 said:

Would means a change much needed to blood warden should be applied too, also you're not supposed to have security of knowing if other survivors are ok. Not all details should be given as that is another too to let a solo know a gate is open and they don't have to try to open another door. The end game just needs a change like timed doors or something not a quick fix. The problem is the mechanic, not the ui. 

Honestly with how SWF runs the game I'm surprised they don't have a mini-map with all the information on it.

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    Nos37 said:

Honestly with how SWF runs the game I'm surprised they don't have a mini-map with all the information on it.

Lol yeh, I bet. 
  • Aviema
    Aviema Member Posts: 45

just run noed it counters teabagging survivors who sit in the gates

• SmokePotion
    SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089

@Aviema said:

Not really.... Actually not at all. It's the safe effect. You still have to smack them, and they still crawl out. Unless they are dumb and teabag you from the middle of the gate.

What NOED does is give a killer a chance during the endgame. Normally the survivors can split between two gates and get them both rather safely. With NOED you can start throwing people on hooks making the gates unsafe until they find the totem.

• Nos37

Even if implemented, this won't stop Survivors from teabagging at the exit. They'll just fall back on the excuse that they wanted to give the Killer some free points and get some in return.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Nos37 said:
    Even if implemented, this won't stop Survivors from teabagging at the exit. They'll just fall back on the excuse that they wanted to give the Killer some free points and get some in return.

I stick around to make sure if someones running my way injured i can take the hit for them. As for tea bagging killers I very rarely if ever do it. For the last hit if the killer was cool I'll either stand there or crouch and let them get a hit for the bonus bp.

So far all the killers 've played with for the most part respect my gameplay decision and the fact I let them get an extra hit in. The times I'm last one or the gates are open and I know someones going to make it or are waiting for the hatch I just run out immediately.

Now for the excuse just stop, both sides have jerks that make excuses for their toxic behavior and killers that cmap at 1st hook and do nothing but smack the survivor repeatedly on the hook are a good example.

• Nos37
    edited October 2018

Ah, well my problem is that I take it too seriously. I just assume that the Survivors are at the exit gates just waiting to teabag, so I go put myself in a corner instead.

Problem with that is having to wait an additional 10-15 minutes for the match to end (the Survivors come looking for me, spend several minutes trying to get my attention, get bored and leave one at a time, and the last two fight over the hatch).

• Aviema
    Aviema Member Posts: 45

@SmokePotion said:

@Aviema said:

Not really.... Actually not at all. It's the safe effect. You still have to smack them, and they still crawl out. Unless they are dumb and teabag you from the middle of the gate.

What NOED does is give a killer a chance during the endgame. Normally the survivors can split between two gates and get them both rather safely. With NOED you can start throwing people on hooks making the gates unsafe until they find the totem.

you took me way too literally friend, take a chill pill

• Nos37
    edited October 2018

Franklin's Demise is better than NOED for that last exit area hit

• iceman2kx
    iceman2kx Member Posts: 462

@Nos37 said:
    Franklin's Demise is better than NOED for that last exit area hit

Such an underrated perk. Maybe not one of the most useful but one of the most fun for sure. Only thing funnier than hitting a survivor running out and seeing his toolbox left behind is 4 toolboxes/med kits etc left behind.

• AgentTalon
    AgentTalon Member Posts: 331

Entity blocks your escape if you're inside the exit gate for more than 15 seconds. If you want to help others stay outside it, if not escape.

Just an idea

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    The problem with end game is survivors go from a tense moment between gen and gate to cocky as hell once 1 gate opens up. What was a narrow escape becomes free roam if the killer doesn't force each individual out. 3 exits to 1 killer makes end game laughable for survivors (hence the bagging)
  • grtf47
    grtf47 Member Posts: 371
    This would be another tool for “toxic survivors”. I stay at the exit gate to take hits for others, tee bag the killer, and sometimes I go around the map and try to earn extra blood points.