The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Event ptb?

Is there a way for the fog whisperers or a group of people who can test events before release for evaluation because with every patch there are some glitches. Also, I think it would be good so they can have some community feedback on how the event mechanics actually affects community and the fun. 

This event had some issues looking into:

Long wait times, many survivors switched to killer for the other 30.

Vial currency
Maybe in the future if the currency is the same on both sides, maybe make an overall total. Like 60 vials from being gathered on either side. Also, the bonus bloodpoints is often dead with 1 vial. 5 offerings, can't get any points due to unfinished plants. 

Possible push?

Seeing how the event cosmetics are in the store longer than the event, they aren't event orientated but there to get money from people. Event stuff should not be available after the event, especially for money. This just seems like a way to get more money from players. Maybe make the set return every season like the lunchboxes and flashlights. If it's available all the time, the event rarity is not needed. 

Maybe making a closed beta for event patch. 

Thank you to the devs, great work on the event. The theme, lore, everything looks great, honestly the best ever and I do want this event to come back next year. This is a journey that we the community has with the devs and we gotta be civil, reasonable, and respectful. 

What are people's thoughts?

Comments

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

lessons need to be learned from this event perhaps next time they can make the vials obtainable both sides or make it so that killer requires significantly less time or vials then survivor. For the sake of matchmaking.

• Strider
    Strider Member Posts: 94

I don't think it's entirely the developers' fault for the queue times. There was however an oversight on their part that the vials have a hard cap that prevents you from harvesting more from the cankers even just for the bloodpoints. It's all trial and error at this point, and I hope this will be a valuable lesson to BHVR and other game devs in limited time event planning.

Agreed with your point on the event cosmetics though. They shouldn't make the skins available all year round, but make them available to buy/unlock seasonally. Something like how Overwatch handles their event items.

In regards to testing event mechanics before live releases, I think that's a bit of a tough one because they would then risk having leaks from players who play test the event before its release. Some more thorough QA testing would suffice.

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Strider said:

I don't think it's entirely the developers' fault for the queue times. There was however an oversight on their part that the vials have a hard cap that prevents you from harvesting more from the cankers even just for the bloodpoints. It's all trial and error at this point, and I hope this will be a valuable lesson to BHVR and other game devs in limited time event planning.

Agreed with your point on the event cosmetics though. They shouldn't make the skins available all year round, but make them available to buy/unlock seasonally. Something like how Overwatch handles their event items.

In regards to testing event mechanics before live releases, I think that's a bit of a tough one because they would then risk having leaks from players who play test the event before its release. Some more thorough QA testing would suffice.

Yeh, the times isn't on them, but I'm saying it's a product of two sides playing for the same currency.