A Health Chapter Shouldn't Be a Scary Idea for BHVR

Options

Devs sometimes just need the time to do things that better help the overall health of the game, as adding more new content on top of what's already broken or bad will just cause what's new to suffer more.

Comments

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,503
    Options

They dont want to do that. They said that their team is big enough to do both - New Content and revisiting old Content/fixing problems.

And they announced that this year will have 4 Chapters with 4 new Killers as well.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,130
    edited September 2021
    Options

They have 4 chapters with 4 new killers every year for the past what, 2-3 years now?

• Aven_Fallen
    Options

I would also hope that they cut down to 2 new Chapters. Or maybe 3. Because especially the Winter-Chapter is buggy, this happened with Oni and with Twins.

And well, when it comes to new Content - I have every Survivor maxed out and every Killer, aside from Pinhead and his Perks on my other Killers. But, I am pretty sure that the point is not far away where I am not able to fully max out my Characters again before the next Chapter drops. With Survivor it was most likely only possible because of the Anniversary Event.

And I also dont think that we need 12 Perks on each side every year. For Killers you get at least somewhat useful Perks which can work on some Killers (e.g. Starstruck can be used on some Killers). But as Survivor, it is just 3 meaningless Perks every 3 months.

But then - they dont want to do that. And it works out, players might complain a lot about too much Content or lack of Health Chapters, but if you read the Forums after a new Teaser dropped, the people are excited and want new Content.

• SeannyD115
    SeannyD115 Member Posts: 583
    Options

The twins are basically the red headed stepchild for killers.

• thefallenloser
    thefallenloser Member Posts: 1,256
    Options

Clearly with how the game's overall health has been in the spotlight suffering for about a year now, it isn't working out well for them.

Also, I just don't believe them... considering... yeah.

With how many people get excited to get their tri-monthly horror reference and also constantly complain about the state of the game, I can't imagine how many more people would be elated to know that BHVR is taking a break from the new content to just fix stuff.

• Aven_Fallen
    Options

I mean, I can understand them that new content is important.

Like, for me, the last Killers: Pinhead-->I dont like him, Nemesis-->I like him, I highly dislike Trickster and Twins and I like Blight. So I had half a year with Content I dont really like.

And if we imagine we get 2 Killers each year and those would be Twins and Trickster, for me, it would be 1 year without any Content I enjoy. I would probably still play, but I can also imagine that others will be bored.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,533
    Options

I mean yea they should but they won't due to this game be as messy as it is... which is ironic

If they had a team that fixed the game as new stuff is added then the patching schedule would change... in theory

Not to mention that new content is for older players that have 1 million BP with not much else to spend it on besides addons, offerings and items... which is a bit shady now that I say that out loud

What they need to do is redesign the game from the ground up... given what's actually wrong with the game in current state

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195
    Options

If BHVR thinks they can just focus on drawing in fresh blood for each chapter release and suck them dry until they get frustrated and quit and repeat, then there's probably zero incentive to do a health chapter financially.

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599
    Options

I mean.. I have. I've seen a pretty healthy cross-section of killers up in Red/Iri - I think the only killers I haven't seen at least twice in the last two weeks have been Nurse and Demogorgon, which is a little unnerving now that I think about it.

While I agree with the gist of what you're saying, and even say that a lot of designs are either stale, bad remixes, or overtly poorly done, players who know what they're doing are gonna be able to keep the 'lesser' killers effective, competitive, and present.

• Vampirox
    Vampirox Member Posts: 411
    Options

I will take the role of answering if i was a Dev in DBD.

HEALTH CHAPTERS DONT MAKE US MONEY.

(massive warnings sent out to those who keep asking)

• Guest1567432
    Guest1567432 Member Posts: 728
    Options

Oh same here, and the devs might not have a problem with a health chapter but its the people at the top that want the constant killer/survivor selling and by "at the top" I'm talking about the suits not the devs.

• VikingWilson
    VikingWilson Member Posts: 789
    Options

Absolutely. They have got to slow down on their self-administered, 3-month chapter release schedule. They continue to show they can't handle the pace and, you know, that's okay. Slow down on the releases to give more time to focus on the health.

• VikingWilson
    VikingWilson Member Posts: 789
    Options

Bloodpoints also need inflated to keep up with the massive, ever-growing grind.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,498
    Options

Why do y'all keep calling it a "health chapter"? You make it seem like it can only be in a single a time block. No, what they need to do is have 1 less chapter a year maybe, and then focus more on fixing the game over the course of that year. It doesn't have to be in-between chapters like "health chapter" makes it sound. It should be an ongoing thing, with no definite beginning and end hopefully. If I'm being honest, I think the devs can, and we deserve, the same effort content-wise AND optimization/bug fixes at the same time, but hey you can't get everything.

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380
    Options

But then how are they gonna rake in the fat stacks they care so much about? We have to face it, BHVR isn't the indie dev company we knew years ago. They are a monolithic triple A publisher with a STRONG desire for money above all else. This is true for every game company, money is the #1 only priority, we just hold onto the hope that BHVR is still the lovable ol' indie devs we knew back in 2017. They haven't been that for a long time, and they won't stop spamming new content as long as it makes them stupid amounts of money.

• thefallenloser
    Options

I'd say this is technically untrue.

More fixes and game balance encourage longtime players to continue playing and continue giving BHVR money.

• thefallenloser
    Options

Because that's mainly what people call it, though it isn't limited to one time, to clarify. I just means that the time which would have otherwise been dedicated to creating the next chapter should instead focus on the health of the game, as many times as necessary.

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752
    Options

What they should do is split the DBD team into 2 teams. 1 team works on old content and the other team works on new content. It's something Paradox Entertainment is doing and I think it's an amazing idea.