Tome 8 part 4 challenges

LegacySmikey
LegacySmikey Applicant, Member Posts: 564

Generally speaking I try to 100% every tome on both sides, I try to leave blind killer challenges until the end because I'm not a fan of flashlights personally.

But it seems more & more challenges either require farming or blind luck aren't challenges supposed to be a challenge as in challenging your own skill?

Glyhs are annoying enough when team mates wander around trying to find them rather than doing anything else but these 2 in part 4 particularly annoy me.

Powerplay

- while killer is carrying a survivor stun them while using power struggle.

So if the killer isn't stupid enough to walk through pallets (& why would you when you know what survivors are waiting for) that's gonna be fun!

Blood Debt

- unhook a survivor who previously unhooked you earlier in the trial 10 times

Now this isn't all that hard but as i've seen with this challenge in the past multiple survivors pretty much go down right away then shadow their savior until they can get it done.

I don't like bitching about stuff & hell I hate the hunteress challenges but if I fail at least its on me.

I know I can get through the tome without either mentioned challenge but as a 100% solo preferably not farming player it would be nice to challenge myself during the game & not have to rely on the actions or more often inaction of others.

Not holding out much hope for the next tome but you never know.

Comments

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,897

That power struggle one is going to be so annoying to do.

• Mattie_MayhemOG
    Mattie_MayhemOG Member Posts: 315

Is now the time we finally address how useless Power Struggle is? I have never seen a successful one be executed, even while running Flip Flop too. You have to A) Get downed by an unused pallet B) Have the killer leave you long enough to recover at least 80% C) Not get picked up while the killer is away D) Run two perks to do it. That is WAY too situational. Change the requirement from wiggle progression to ground recovery progression and maybe it will be worthwile.

• LegacySmikey

The by hook or by crook is fun too for non tunneling killers

- hook 2 different survivors within 60 seconds, do this 4 times.

Camping bubba's everywhere are getting very excited!

I'm just gonna go straight down the middle with the killer challenges & the earn blood points & iri emblems & do the survivor challenges some other time down the road.

I don't read the pages anymore anyway I did with the first couple of tomes but now I really only do it for the blood points i've already finished the rift through normal play & previous challenges.

• Bonquiqui414
    Bonquiqui414 Member Posts: 222
    edited September 2021

All they gotta do is make the killer susceptible to being stunned both sides while carrying a survivor. That can’t be too hard right? Right???

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

Yes the pallet nerf/bug ruined PS in my opinion. I had a Dwight run it over the weekend (2 survivors left) and I picked him up at a pallet and the pallet dropped and I hooked him. I thought Kate dropped it but was no where around. I let him do it the next time I picked him up cause I felt bad. I will let survivors do it since it's difficult now and they made it a challenge.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,897

Unfortunately they are kind of rare. At least in my neck of the woods.

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452

Thank God I'm at tier 70 already.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,159

The challenges have always had ones that encourage bad/useless gameplay. Problem is the basic challenges you would complete through normal gameplay like complete gens, cleanse totems, safe unhook, hit survivors, hook survivors, kick gens, etc. always get complained about for taking too long so then we get these ridiculous challenges that make you not play normal.

I hope killers like the game map because for that pallet one I'm guessing survivors are going to be playing alot of game map offerings for all the pallets.

• Gitamish0
    Gitamish0 Member Posts: 26

I tend to ignore parts of the Tome that require me to use a perk I have no interest in equipping or force me into using a killer I don't care to play

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 700

I find the meme Killer challenges easier cause all I gotta do is message a Survivor and they are always willing to help me out (Ps4) Survivors are so much worse cause I cant just ask Killer for help

• GreyBigfoot
    GreyBigfoot Member Posts: 954

We've seen the Blood Debt challenge several times in the past, but repeating it 10 times is gonna be very inconvenient. Also power struggle is really hard to use now that stuns have been tweaked, you cant be on the same side as the killer, so good luck with that.

Good thing the challenges aren't required to reach tier 70 anymore, because those ones are gonna take a while.

As for the killer ones, not using your power as huntress and then another forcing you to use Beast of Prey. Really not looking forward to those...

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

Survivors can't stun killers when they are on the same side of the pallet anymore. Which is understandable if the survivor is between the killer and the pallet, but not in other situations.

• Rey_512
    Rey_512 Member Posts: 1,620

Thanks for the explanation. Sounds like a good fix.

I can’t imagine any situations in which this fix would be detrimental to fair gameplay. If the complaint is related to the power struggle perk, then that’s an issue with the perk itself.

• LegacySmikey

I guess it depends who you play against I generally play against very good killers & I could probably count the amount of pallet saves from non farming in a month on 1 hand.

Good killers don't walk through pallets all that often at least not without checking the area.

My biggest issue with the unhook is previous experience of the same challenge (only less times required) survivors purposely playing bad to get hooked early then follow their savior trying to "return the favor" on ocassions I had them fast vault near me purposely blow gens & a whole manner of bs in an attempt to get me hooked so they could finish their precious challenge.

Its far more easy for swf of course & some killers will farm the pallet stuns but I'll get it the legit way eventually.

• RantGod
    RantGod Member Posts: 36

Try this:

Tenacity, Flip-Flop, Power struggle, 4th is optional, but I picked Unbreakable to attempt to get more recovered in the dying state.

Find a spot where you can force the killer to walk through a pallet, get the killer on you, go down in that spot. Recover as much as possible then wiggle and pray.

I wanted to try this on The Game above the Bathroom near the drop down, to get the killer to go toward the pallet before the basement stairs, but I didn't have the map offering.

Ended up getting it on Ormond. Outside of the map, ran to a corner, nearest hook was just past a pallet inside a jungle gym.

Not that difficult.

• JacksonWise
    JacksonWise Member Posts: 651

Powerplay can be done by hitting the killer with DS, as long as you have Power Struggle equipped. Credit goes to @Dr_Loomis.

But I agree, the Powerplay challenge is broken from how Power Struggle currently works. They NEED to fix it. The rest of the challenges are so grindy it's aggravating.

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 961

I'm so glad i don't play huntress haha. The only one that's iffy is the hook 2 survivor's within 60 seconds, might involve a bit of proxy camping or slugging repeatedly to ensure two hooks.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

Hey guys I just did the challenge Powerplay but I did it by wiggling off the killer's shoulder. That's an alternative solution if anyone's having trouble camping under a pallet and not getting picked up like some sort of unpopular girl at the school dance.

• Sweet_Tour
    Sweet_Tour Member Posts: 558

We love shills, "Behavior can do no wrong defense force." As long as they exist Behavior will probably think we love these dumb changes.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

Also you have to hope to god that your teammates don't mess it up by running around you in chase and then dropping the pallet lmao

• Mattie_MayhemOG
    Mattie_MayhemOG Member Posts: 315
    edited September 2021

I figured out how I am going to do the Power Struggle challenge.

I am going to equip Power Struggle and DS and after getting unhooked run straight for the killer and hope he forgot that DS ever existed

• ShyPirate
    ShyPirate Member Posts: 377

Just did it on my first try this way. Funny thing though. The killer actually walked through a pallet while carrying me to the hook the first time, but I was so focused on my DS plan that I didn't even realize the prompt to drop the pallet had appeared until it was gone. Oh well. DS totally worked.