2»

Comments

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,772
    edited September 2021
  • hex_chaos
    hex_chaos Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2021

I have posted for a support ticket as well Since this is costing major blood points going through the rift I am on xbox series X

Was in the middle of a game got a notification that I needed an update kick me back to the home screen update it it's my friend on PC did not get this update as soon as I did it would not let me connect saying no one in my queue with a 5.2.2 so I left the loan for 5 to 6 hours still won't let me connect so I uninstalled and reinstalled and it still won't let me connect So at this point dead by daylight has caused me a lot of blood points and I am not very happy they need to get this fixed ASAP and let us know what is going on

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,981

Hey, I know this is frustrating but as of right now, there's nothing you can do - reinstalling the game will not help.

The Team has been notified, but we do not have an update at this time (please bear in mind this is the weekend and it's also still only 6.30am in Canada where the Team are based). When/if there's further information we will notify you.

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742

Nice

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,881

Yea it’s not looking good for us boys…I’m thinking we may have to wait until Tuesday. Some intern at Xbox was probably looking at last month’s calendar when they pushed the patch live. The 17th & 18 of August are on a Tuesday/Wednesday respectively. IDK man, this sucks. SBMM already had me feeling some type of way, now this.

• HermanTheDoctor
    HermanTheDoctor Member Posts: 212

Cross the fingers that the Devs will inform you for an Update @MandyTalk

• trixsterjl
    trixsterjl Member Posts: 13

Just a helpful tip too. You have to be at the main screen to change crossplay you cant do it in surv or killer screen.

• Mandy

I am in contact with them, as soon as we know anything concrete...I will update this thread.

• trixsterjl
    trixsterjl Member Posts: 13
    edited September 2021

3 things.... (fix is turn off crossplay for the day) All of the platforms have not been patched yet. Try every few hours throughout the day.

crossplay off can only be done from the main screen.

after you turn off crossplay you have to close out dbd and restart it.

Damn you BH x-box has a lonnnnng @ queue alone.

• HebrewBiLy
    HebrewBiLy Member Posts: 1

Same issue for me.

Platform: Xbox series x

client version: 5.2.2

error: matchmaking failed because there is no matchmaking queue for your client version.

troubleshooting:

1. reinstall doesn’t work
    2. cant turn off cross play for some reason
    3. hard resetting the game from the Xbox home page doesn’t work
  • HeyItsQuiet
    HeyItsQuiet Member Posts: 359

This is a huuuuuuuge mess up... Obviously there's other games in the world to play, but having the whole thing broken for a third of the playerbase is just... Yuck.

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,210

This should be also a wakeup call to finally get rid of the restriction Xbox players get when they turn crossplay off.

Just let OG Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox One X and Xbox One Series X/S in the same queue.

@MandyTalk

• Linc_DbDForums
    Linc_DbDForums Member Posts: 9

This seems to be a pretty big issue for Xbox Series X, not sure on how to help since I don't play on Xbox Series X. Sorry.

• crowbarman
    crowbarman Member Posts: 499
    edited September 2021

Are there really seoerage queues just for the Series X? That explains why crossplay off never finds a match.

And by the way - the game turns off.crossplay for you when this error occurs. But nobody has confirned getting into a match this way. Wanna wait 30 minutes?

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

I've got a feeling we're going to be waiting days

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452

That's a next level yikes...

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,210

With crossplay on Xbox players from the last gen have the globe icon while i'm on XSX.

So yeah, that explains the queue times taking ages when we on XSX/S turn crossplay off.

• SilentSlayer
    SilentSlayer Member Posts: 20

I’m having the same issue on Ps5

• GoreJuice
    GoreJuice Member Posts: 5

Did turning cross play off actually work for anyone? I tried it and still no joy

• SilentSlayer
    SilentSlayer Member Posts: 20

It can’t be that hard to revert to 5.2.1. The devs just need to get on it.

• L1GHTNING
    L1GHTNING Member Posts: 1

Turning off crossplay works for Series S (has for me anyway)

• Mandy
    edited September 2021

Apologies for the delay in responding. I have just heard that our Xbox XSX players can now matchmake with players on their platform - players will not need to switch off Crossplay, they will be automatically matched with players on the same game version. We apologise for this inconvenience and we will continue to monitor this situation.

Post edited by Mandy on
  • crowbarman
    edited September 2021

They arent going to fix it. We are toast until tuesday with just non crossplay games with outrageous queues.

• crowbarman

Also - accepting friend swf invites is also broken while in this state. So we cant even band together.

• hex_chaos
    hex_chaos Member Posts: 2

This is so much bull I'm trying to bring in my killer and survivor to iridescent at the same time I'm silver level 1 on both Now I'm gonna have to sit around and wait on lobbies for a limited supply of xbox series X players.... I don't know how the rest you feel but I think they owe us some blood points for this I prefer my ranks to be moved but not likely so I will take blood points I average about 2 million A-day so NOT HAPPY

• GrayEyes
    GrayEyes Member Posts: 379

They might say that but they definitely aren't look at Mandy's latest response only advising us to play with cross play off no patch till Tuesday prepare for 30 min ques everybody

• SomberNokk
    SomberNokk Member Posts: 732

Damn, not gonna lie I was kinda hoping to wake up to this issue solved. There's no way they are gonna make us wait till Tuesday right?

• feffrey
    feffrey Member Posts: 886

Turning crossplay off does not work for the Xbox series X

I have the series X find players only on the series X is trouble some already but as Mandy said they can't and will not help us so we just have to play something else

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,778
    edited September 2021

They've never reverted the update whenever this situation has occurred in the past. It's always been wait for the full rollout of the patch to fix it unfortunately.

When I noticed these forums posting about the version problems I was already playing DBD. Luckily i have auto-update off so i am still running the current version, and i let my team mates know not to get the update if they can avoid it.

So three were saved from this nonesense.

• SomberNokk

I was playing too but before I patched anytime I tried to queue it would say you must patch to access the content. Why not roll out the update today or flip the switch and revert. I get tuesday isnt too long away but got damn this is frusterating.

• SomberNokk

I dont often complain about the state of the game or the devs. At the end of the day its a game but from poorly handled SBMM, dead dog on off on off, Gideons still having unbreakable pallets and walls and now being hardlocked out of the game. But good thing we got a new set of cosmetics right?

• feffrey
    feffrey Member Posts: 886

Pinhead has a teleportation glitch too btw it's wicked funny

• crowbarman

I am surprised they posted on twitter about this issue if the intent was to do nothing. Why not be open and transparent? They obviously know by now either something will be done, or (more likely) not. So just say it.