Hatch is a bad mechanic, here is a new one!

Options

Hatch is a very flawd mechanic. It's RNG based and doesn't requer much skill from either side. It also incourages the last two Survivors to just hide. And that's boring for both sides. Don't get me started on Keys. They should be removed and some of they're addons should go to the map item. I want to start a discussion about a new mechanic. It should requer skill and not just gift someone an escape/4K.

New mechanic:

• When only two Survivors remain the killer can see the aura's of both for 10 seconds and the Survivors see his for 5 seconds.

• When only one remains the EGC starts but the exits don't get powered.

• 4 Special chests will spawn in the trial, both sides can see them in white. The Survivor has to open 2 of them. The killer hears a sound whenever one is opened. The killer does not know which one is opened however.

• As soon as the surv opens both chests the Survivor screams and he/she has to survive for one minute to win. If the killer downs the last Survivor at any time he either get's to mori them or let them escape as an act of 'mercy'.

• Both get extra BP.

What do you think of this new concept? Any imrovements or suggestions?

Comments

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,699
    edited September 2021
    Options

I hate hatch. So many problems with it and the game play it promotes. I'm always open to new suggestions.

That said, this feels more like an alternative hatch, rather than a solution to the core problem.

The big issue is that one survivor can take the killer on a long endgame chase, while the other survivor decides not to do a generator, because they can try to hide until hatch opens.

Your proposal would be the same thing.

Post edited by KayTwoAyy on
  • Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

Could be interesting. What I'd probably do is activate EGC after a short period when there's two survivors left. Any survivor that hasn't been either working on gens and/or in chase with the killer for long enough in the period before it starts gets instakilled, which could be one of them, both, or neither.

It's irritating being the one of the two that always dies because I'm not going to join the other one in crouching around the map for 15 minutes doing nothing. Well, my issue is less me dying and more the useless one surviving really.

• Myla
    Myla Member Posts: 1,551
    Options

Oh hell yeah give 10 seconds of information on TWO survivors any competent killer would have field day on this. What could go wrong 😆

Hatch may be flawed but yours is worse considering this is late game where resources are at it's lowest.

• Renjiro
    Renjiro Member Posts: 53
    Options

Thanks for the Feedback. It's an early concept. We just need something new. I made the aura reading so the game actually get's going and it's not just waiting until the other dies. If u don't like the aura reading. What should we have then? Any ideas?

• Renjiro
    Renjiro Member Posts: 53
    Options

Thanks for letting me know. We need a new mechanic for the last two/one Survivors. Any other ideas?

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,699
    Options

If I had to present a rough proposal to BHVR tomorrow for a new end-game solution, it'd probably start with implimenting an anti-soft lock match timer. No one wants to be in a trial for 30+ minutes.

At the start of the trial, Survivors are notified that they have 15 minutes to escape. Every time a generator is completed, that timer is extended by 3 minutes.

As soon as there is only one survivor remaining in the trial, EGC begins. The remaining survivor can only escape by opening one of the two exit gates.

..you might still run into similar issues of Survivor chicken in this scenario, but I would expect the difficulty of escaping through the gates as a solo survivor is incentive enough to power the gates while at least one other person is alive. On some maps, and against some killers, its near impossible to open the exit gates as the last alive (especially with No Way Out & Whispers).

This way, if a survivor decides they don't want to stick their neck out to finish those last two gens, they're sealing their own fate as well as their teammate's.