Which Killer did BHVR kill (for you)

Options

Freddy~

I joined for Freddy, played him exclusively and learned the game through him. I did have my struggles and had hoped for a buff since many high level players called him weak and throughly proved to me how weak he could sometimes be, especially when they captured me at exit gates. Sometimes keeping each other awake and never allowing me a way to push them out of the game, so I was locked in the game at their mercy. Despite his difficulties, I continued to get better through the struggle and became a strong Freddy Main who received the most good games messages (on console) that I’ve ever gotten.

Then they reworked him completely, killing him (for me).

Plague~

I’m a fan of Poison and game mechanics that work over time. I was immediately drawn to Plague when she came out. After everybody started developing strats for and against her, the one that survivors seemed to gravitate to was one where they “stole” half her power by not using her fountains. She didn’t start with a corrupted fountain, so Plagues couldn’t use her insta-hit corruption throw-up.

I DIDN’T CARE

I never used Corruption. I was exclusively using her Vile Purge to break survivors and if they didn’t use fountains then my game became easier. My build was for late game because I sometimes had to power through the survivors using all Fountains for free heals BUT if they corrupted all fountains, then they would be forced to stay broken and all my work could be rewarded then. It was fun.

Then Patch 2.6.0

• Quality of Life: once all Pools of Devotion are corrupted, they reset and automatically grant The Plague Corrupt Purge.

No matter how much I like Vile Purge and didn’t need or like Corrupt Purge. This power is now ‘forced’ on me whenever all Fountains are corrupted. It’s also impossible to lock down the fountains with corruption. My build, my strats, my Plague…DEAD.

Anybody else? Which Killers?

Comments

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187
    Options

Billy

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,216
    Options

Freddy and Billy.

Pretty self-explanatory.

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,784
    edited September 2021
    Options

None, Billy (My main for the past two months or so) didnt effect me at all, I never used add one (nor do I on any killer unless it's a meme/challenge), and Ive very rarely overheated with him unless im intentionally going for it. I can even win without slowdown relatively consistently (although on Haddonfield, Badham and Swamp I tend to completely flop).

Sometimes I'm glad he was nerfed because I think his old form wouldve been real annoying with Ruindying Tinkerer.

• Inspire
    Inspire Member Posts: 123
    edited September 2021
    Options

Billy

I used to main him and got a plentiful amount of 4-3ks with him. Ever since they butchered the most balanced and fun killer to play as and against I never touched him again.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

Spirit. She’s more than a character to me.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

They killed very hard mode trickster :

im glad they did. that add on was agonising.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

how did bhvr kill spirit? hasn't she been the same since release?

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options
  • Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

Billy. He was the first killer I ever played and I used to play him a lot back in the day. But ever since his "rework" he became miserable to play and I never played him since, aside from completing tome challenges that involve him.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

Nurse. She's still strong but she's too frustrating to play now. I only play her for dailies or if I got crushed by a swf.

• Bugs that were introduced almost 2 years ago and they still haven't patched them. Nor even acknowledged there's a problem
    • Add ons are crap
    • Useless CD
    • Constantly getting stuck on debris when blinking or my M1 is locking onto objects
  • TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,826
    Options

Taking away Spirit's collision killed her for me because I can't track via sound in this game.

Changing the way Bubba's chainsaw works is something I just haven't been able to get used to.

Nurse. Dear god, adding that cooldown to Nurse's Blinks made her feel miserable. I used to try to play as her on console as a fun challenge (I was so proud when I'd get my BBQ 4-stack!), but she's not fun anymore. I end up going AFK at/inside the exit gate every time I try to play her because I just want the match to end so I can play anything else.

• Altarf
    Altarf Member Posts: 1,044
    Options

Sir William of the Hills.

Also Deathslinger, but that's just because they changed the sensitivity settings on console once in the Binding of Kin patch, and once again at a later date, meaning all the muscle memory I'd built up for flick shots and the like became worthless.

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 684
    Options

Freddy and Plague, same reasons as you.

To elaborate more on Freddy though, one reason not a lot of players "got" Old Freddy in my opinion waz their hyper focus on Killer Meta, which he could not use. Since people couldn't protect Ruin with him he was bad. What they missed though was Old Freddy thrived on detection perks and hit and run tactics. Spies was one of his best perks, that or Whisper. Add in things like Sloppy and Nurses, combined with his built in Deerstalker+, and you could easily be a hassle.

I'm not saying he was actually S tier, but by just slugging Survivors and always putting an awake Survivor into Dream State, you could quickly become oppressive.

New Freddy just feels like a Fully Loaded Potato. He can hit Survivors normally, he has slowdown built in, he can monitor and control chases, he has good map coverage cause he can teleport, Survivors just passively fall asleep. I can't think of anything at this time that Freddy doesn't have that a Killer needs. He just makes the game a little toooo easy imo.

That being said, I do keep myself in low ranks for Killer simce I like to meme 9 out of 10 games, so I also admit when I do get serious more often than not I get total potatos

• Konnor24
    Konnor24 Member Posts: 184
    Options

Getting a vote up purely cause of the name you gave hillbilly.

To the OP, Freddy yeah, he has been destroyed. Used to main him and now hes just boring and annoying to play as.

Pinhead also slightly. I was looking forward to him and expecting him to be viable. But hes not.

• killer998
    killer998 Member Posts: 100
    Options

Trickster, poor guy was murdered before release, and they want us to PAY for his sad, trash ass.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

Nah she's been buffed and nerfed just not for a long time

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001
    Options

Billy, old freddy to an extent, by old freddy I mean the really bad freddy not the current one.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,998
    Options

The plague one I like as a survivor. The "don't cleanse" against plague doesn't seem that good. Me and my sister cleanse as much as possible to force her to only have one pool. It works for us. Of course if we see she has an apple addon we don't bother.

• Spooky13
    Spooky13 Member Posts: 1,471
    Options

Billy for me. As someone who doesn't use addons outside of memeing Billy just got a flat overheat meter and that's it. They made him much harder to use without any extra reward for doing so.

• Hippie
    Hippie Member Posts: 1,003
    Options

Kinda being a baby here but... when they nerfed being able to fake with Pyramid Head's M2 I was pretty sad. After coming back a couple months ago, I've gotten used to it but it still feels a little clunky. I can see why it needed a nerf though, it was extremely strong and a little mean to be able to cancel your M2 into an M1 so easily!

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531
    Options

Freddy and Billy.

They turned Freddy's cool power into boring generic anti-loop, and massacred poor Billy right when I was getting into playing him.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,541
    Options

I would've said Pig but I still play her

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,216
    Options

Well... I despise Freddy's rework but he remained my main.

So you can say Pig.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,541
    Options

Oh... Ok then Pig

Ever since the EGC was introduced... And Ruin was changed but that another story

Plus the lack of any attention... other then "she's in a good spot"

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360
    Options

Im the same way, I was a Freddy main and he is what got me to join the game but after the rework he is extremely uninspired and boring. Also trickster honestly. On his release buffs, I saw potential in him and thought they were going to make him a mending type of ranged character but instead, he is the most uninspired, boring to play and face against killer ever and ill never not see him as the worst designed killer ever

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

Nurse became significantly less fun when they added realm beyond. The maps are more buggy and harder to gain line of sight with and she's just very frustrating on most maps now.

Also pig, they nerfed her for some reason a while back and she's been slightly less fun ever since.