Distressing on spirit

Options

Does anyone know if the increased terror radius allows to prevent the phase walk sound in a larger radius?

Comments

• willcenx
    willcenx Member Posts: 176
    Options

It does.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893
    edited October 2018
    Options

it does but her base terror radius is so low you barely feel any of what distressing would do to a normal killer.
    To put it into perspective, with distressing on, it just barely gives her a normal killer terror radius around 30-31
    And thats still below most killers.

• cetruzzo
    cetruzzo Member Posts: 323
    Options
    ok thanks, maybe it is not very useful then
  • SmokePotion
    SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089
    edited October 2018
    Options

Distressing is really good if you like to catch the roaches.

Roaching is what I cal survivors waiting for you to chase someone and then sneak back to finish the gen you just kicked. It lets you Haunt right back to the gen from the chase, before they know you changed targets.

One perk build I like to run is this: Distressing, Coulrophobia, Sloppy Butcher, Overcharge
    It's a good anti healing build that gives her a good bit more stealth. Overcharge is great for catching roaches cause if you haunt back, they have to give up the skill check, and lose a chunk of progress.

Another I like is: Sloppy Butcher, Coulrophobia, Overcharge, Pop Goes the Weasel
    This is what I take in rank 1-4 games currently. it slows the mid to late game down considerably, with nothing they can really do about it.

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758
    edited October 2018
    Options

Coulrophobia does nothing against any decent survivor unless you're on the game.

It's mostly useful for freddy or slugging builds where u don't want ppl picking up each other in your TR.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

@cetruzzo said:

PigMain makes a good point but remember it makes "fake" phasing easier since you have a bit more wiggle room where they cannot hear the "whoosh" sound. It isn't as useful as you may like in all cases but it certainly isn't useless.

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Options

@cetruzzo said:

PigMain makes a good point but remember it makes "fake" phasing easier since you have a bit more wiggle room where they cannot hear the "whoosh" sound. It isn't as useful as you may like in all cases but it certainly isn't useless.

With the new silent phase update yeh
  • thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    Options
    I'd rather use Monitor and abuse. You only need your terror radius big in chases and you also become very stealthy when out. Fov increase is just a nice QOL thing. I did the math and distressing on spirit's 24m radius only gets you about 5 more meters of TR, M&A gets you 8, meaning you have a standard killer TR. Always use M&B over distressing.
  • cetruzzo
    cetruzzo Member Posts: 323
    Options
    I'd rather use Monitor and abuse. You only need your terror radius big in chases and you also become very stealthy when out. Fov increase is just a nice QOL thing. I did the math and distressing on spirit's 24m radius only gets you about 5 more meters of TR, M&A gets you 8, meaning you have a standard killer TR. Always use M&B over distressing.
    nice, good to now, thanks
  • SmokePotion
    SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089
    Options

@MhhBurgers said:
    Coulrophobia does nothing against any decent survivor unless you're on the game.

It's mostly useful for freddy or slugging builds where u don't want ppl picking up each other in your TR.

Not sure what game you are playing. Coulrophobia has gotten me more kills in high level play then i can count. High level survivors will heal a few meters from the killer to put pressure on them, this stops that. High level survivors will ninja away and heal, Coulrophobia slows that down, greatly.
    And then theres when the survivors try to bully the hook. And force you to drop the survivor on your shoulder so they can speed heal them.

Coulrophobia stops that too. So in short...What game are you playing. Oh freddy, nevermind. You just... Keep playing what you like.