Chapter Idea: Don't Breathe

Options
Tayte
Tayte Member Posts: 65

A chapter idea based on the licensed horror movie; Don't Breathe.

New Killer: 

The Blind Man:

Name: Norman Nordstrom

Hair Colour: White

Eye colour: White

Power: Echo

Weapon: Fists

Speed: 115%

Terror radius: 32 m.

Origin: USA

Background:

The blind man seemed like an easy target for some robbers. Afterall he was blind, what could he possibly do? It was a one off job. Just in and out… But no one would have foreseen him to be this deadly... with a dark secret to accompany him.

Powers: 

Main ability: Echo

The blindman is unable to see survivors. However, instead he can see scratch marks and hear their sounds much better than any other killer.

Along with this. He has the ability to see 'echo sounds' within 15 meters of a survivor.

Echo Steps are basically sound waves from the survivors' feet showcasing their locations. If a survivor stands completely still, he will be able to spot the sounds from their feet and breathing to ensure he can find anyone.

The Blind Man comes equipped with an insta-down revolver. To help him takedown the survivors, and making up for the lack of map awareness he suffers from.

Second ability:

To help the blind man with his task. He comes accompanied with his dog. With his second ability he can call upon his dog to spawn into the match. With a 20 second cooldown. The dog can track survivors, and will bite their leg when near. Revealing their aura to the Blind Man, and momentarily making the survivors stuck in place. Survivors can break free from its bite with or without help, but in doing so will enter the injured phase.

_

Extra info:

The call-in is in case the dog gets stuck or is placed in an unwanted place.

The dog can be stunned by pallets, and outrunned by survivors.

The killer is able to see downed survivors and the map surroundings.

The killer is also immune to flashlights, but his dog can be blinded momentarily stunning it.

The revolver comes with 5 shots before needing to be reloaded. There's a small animation wait between each shot, so it can't be spammed.

Mori:

‘’Now you see what I see’’, as he pokes out the survivors eyes using his thumbs.

Killer Perks: 

1. Combat tracking:

After kicking a generator, that generator becomes highlighted for 1 minute. Any survivor touching the generator and letting go, will have their aura revealed to you for 5/7/10 seconds.

2. Mutual assured destruction:

Two hex totems will appear rooted in the match. When any of the totems are destroyed by a survivor, all generators will simultaneously explode, and receive a 10% regression to them.

3. Deadfall:

A landmine with a red light on top can be placed on the ground. Any survivor walking over the land mine will be immediately injured. Has a 55/50/45 seconds cooldown.

Useful for blocking paths.

New survivor:

Name: Rocky

Hair Colour: Blonde

Eye colour: Blue

Origin: USA

Background:

Together with her group of thieves, Rocky set out to steal from an old man's house. It was supposed to be an easy job. Afterall the old man was blind, but it would quickly turn for the worse. The old man was a veteran, with a gun. Capable of tracking anyone in the dark. Her friends were quickly killed by the gun wielding blind man. All escape ways were shut and locked. Rocky hid herself in the closet, holding her breath, and closing her eyes in fear. When she opened them again, she found herself somewhere else… A dark foggy forest with only the light from a campfire to accompany her.

_

Survivor Perks: 

1. Smoke bomb:

Hide your aura and noise with a smoke bomb for 5/6/7 seconds. Goes on a 1 minute cooldown.

if timed right, can conceal you from bbq and make it harder to see and hear you in a chase.

2. Sly as a fox:

You get a 20/15/10% lower chance of getting good stuff from chests, however, you’re able to receive two items from one chest search. The other item will rest in the chest after the first one is picked. All chest actions are completely silent.

3. Trapped pallet:

You have the ability to trap one pallet throughout the game. Any killer walking past the trapped pallet will be stunned for 1/2/3 seconds.

New Map: 

The old man's house and neighbourhood.

Notes: 

There you have it. Don't Breathe came out in 2016, and I think it would fit pretty well into Dead By Daylight. I personally prefer more monsterous killers, but DBD seems to like the humanoid killers, so its fitting we get one more. Plus he was pretty scary and gross.

Some balance tweaks may be needed here and there. I apologise if some perks are similar to existing ones.

Don't ask me about Don't Breathe 2. I wasn't a fan of it. I don't recommend anyone to watch it.