The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

So. Many. Tryhard. Killers. In. This. Event.

2»

Comments

• Milordo
    Milordo Member Posts: 93

@Orion said:

@Milordo said:

@Orion said:

@Sinner said:
    Noed is balanced? it rewards the killer for playing bad

It rewards the Killer for Survivors not breaking totems before finishing generators.

Maybe it's a punishment for who gen rush but hey, guess what? IT'S what survivors needs to do!
    That perk is only for noob killers who can't win during the match.

And if they don't want to risk NOED, they also need to break totems. If they don't break totems, they have no right to complain. The counter is right there, it's your fault you choose not to use it.

Yes but No. I'm not saying that you are totally wrong, noed slow the game because survivors need to clean all the totems and prevent a bit the gen rushing,BUT a perk that gives you speed in all the actions AND exposed status is ridiculous.
    It's not a surprise if most of the noob killers use it meanwhile a good killer doesn't need it.
    Noed clearly needs a nerf.

• Milordo

@MhhBurgers said:

@Milordo said:

@Orion said:

@Sinner said:

It rewards the Killer for Survivors not breaking totems before finishing generators.

Maybe it's a punishment for who gen rush but hey, guess what? IT'S what survivors needs to do!

Survivors have no right to complain about killerperks as long as they still use SC which is a huge design fuckup on the dev's part.

What the hell is SC.

• Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    Radiant said:
    Cmon is perfectly understandable.
    Devs made event where surv have to farm flowers so that killers cam farm survs.

Ofc babykillers r happy and r tryin to get the most out of it and can finally using all addons and offerings they where to afraid to use because it could happen that they could get no kills with a purple mori.

Let them have fun, it will be so hard for them after the event... :(
    Dude, did you ever made a comment thats not against killers? Seriously its incredible, I give you credit for that, so focused on it playing only 50% of the game. Wow
  • douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316
    As for noed in my opinion that is punishment to the super toxic swf group who pallet loop and pallet slam the killer. Along with remember me that is ultra punishment
  • redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    To the guy calling for a noed nurf grow up it used to be teir 3 for exposed the devs listens to the community and buffed it dont like it change your play style to counter it or get used to being left to die
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Milordo said:

@Orion said:

@Milordo said:

@Orion said:

@Sinner said:

And if they don't want to risk NOED, they also need to break totems. If they don't break totems, they have no right to complain. The counter is right there, it's your fault you choose not to use it.

Yes but No. I'm not saying that you are totally wrong, noed slow the game because survivors need to clean all the totems and prevent a bit the gen rushing,BUT a perk that gives you speed in all the actions AND exposed status is ridiculous.
    It's not a surprise if most of the noob killers use it meanwhile a good killer doesn't need it.

NOED has had nothing but nerfs since release. It's arguably underpowered as it is.
    The increased speed is barely noticeable if you actually do the math.
    You're a noob Survivor if you get hit with NOED. Good Survivors break totems.

• Malakir
    edited October 2018
    Milordo said:

@Orion said:

@Milordo said:

If good killer don't use that there's a reason no? If a perk is open it would be used by nearly every one, its the basic of competitive games. Take the best items/perks/characters etc etc that's strong in every situation to be EFFICIENT. Thats the rule in almost every competitive game, you just countered your own logic

Plus as someone else said the % of actions speed buff is barely noticeable, fire up would do a better job so far. I know its odd but try to think or you might contradict yourself by mistake
  • MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758

@Milordo said:

@Orion said:

@Milordo said:

@Orion said:

@Sinner said:

NOED was just changed so it's not useless if u don't have t3 it won't be nerfed any time soon. Dunno what you're smoking.

• Milordo

@Malakir said:
    Milordo said:

@Orion said:

@Milordo said:

If good killer don't use that there's a reason no? If a perk is open it would be used by nearly every one, its the basic of competitive games. Take the best items/perks/characters etc etc that's strong in every situation to be EFFICIENT. Thats the rule in almost every competitive game, you just countered your own logic

Plus as someone else said the % of actions speed buff is barely noticeable, fire up would do a better job so far. I know its odd but try to think or you might contradict yourself by mistake

Hmn...you have right. I rushed, thanks for giving me a nice explanation.

• Milordo
    edited October 2018

. > @Orion said:

@Milordo said:

@Orion said:

@Milordo said:

@Orion said:

@Sinner said:

NOED has had nothing but nerfs since release. It's arguably underpowered as it is.

Thanks for giving me a bad explanation. "You're a noob Survivor if you get hit with NOED, LUL" You are a main killer don't you? This answer doesn't mean anything.

• Milordo

@Orion said:

@Milordo said:

@Orion said:

@Milordo said:

@Orion said:

@Sinner said:

Thanks for giving me a bad explanation. "You're a noob Survivor if you get hit with NOED, LUL"

• Malakir
    edited October 2018
    @Milordo no problem. You actually surprised me, I expected a more harsh response but w/e, wish more people are more chill like ya
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Milordo said:

@Orion said:

@Milordo said:

@Orion said:

@Milordo said:

@Orion said:

@Sinner said:

Thanks for giving me a bad explanation. "You're a noob Survivor if you get hit with NOED, LUL"

You said that only noob Killers use NOED, I was just using your own argument against you to point out how bad it was. Thanks for admitting your argument was bad, by the way.

• Chrona
    Chrona Member Posts: 245

I'm at least tryharding because, surprise, so are the survivors. And most survivors I'm going against are done with the event. I'm not, and I still want both the event items, and the extra bloodpoints.

And it REALLY doesn't help that the only killer that has the event offerings is the hag...who I just bought, barely played at all, and is only level 19 or so. And no agitation/iron grasp.

• Milordo

@Orion said:

@Milordo said:

@Orion said:

@Milordo said:

@Orion said:

@Sinner said:

Thanks for giving me a bad explanation. "You're a noob Survivor if you get hit with NOED, LUL". You are a main killer don't you? This answer doesn't mean anything.

• Mesme
    Mesme Member Posts: 177

@thesuicidefox said:

@Mesme said:

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:
    ^ Title pretty much says it all. All I'm seeing is Noed, noed, noed, Eboni Mori, mori, mori, insta hatchets, 3 or 4 blink nurses, Haunted grounds, Bloodwarden, Silentbells & so on & so on. So boring.

Not trying to be "that" guy here but when I get on to Dead By Daylight as a Killer attempting to get the event done all I see are toxic survivors. SWF P3 Claudette's running Flashlights, Toolboxes and they all have DS and adrenaline. Also to add insult to injury when I do get one and I'm trying to get them to the event hook either someone sabotaged it and broke it in front of my face or someone comes to flashlight save.

Remember we want vials too man and if you wonder why some guys runs a mori it's because of this I have over 50 mori's stacked on my Nurse and Pig and I only get it out when I see that SWF Claudette team because I hate it when they come to give me a hard time and just t-bag me either at the exit gate or just threw out the match. Now all we can do is put up with it and git gud.

Because God forbid a survivor try to save another. Must be a F tier killer if you still complain about FL.

F tier? Sure yet every survivor still complains when I'm running Franklins ironic isn't it?

• Mesme
    Mesme Member Posts: 177

@Rebel_Raven said:
    Mesme said:

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:

^ Title pretty much says it all. All I'm seeing is Noed, noed, noed, Eboni Mori, mori, mori, insta hatchets, 3 or 4 blink nurses, Haunted grounds, Bloodwarden, Silentbells & so on & so on. So boring.

Not trying to be "that" guy here but when I get on to Dead By Daylight as a Killer attempting to get the event done all I see are toxic survivors. SWF P3 Claudette's running Flashlights, Toolboxes and they all have DS and adrenaline. Also to add insult to injury when I do get one and I'm trying to get them to the event hook either someone sabotaged it and broke it in front of my face or someone comes to flashlight save.

Remember we want vials too man and if you wonder why some guys runs a mori it's because of this I have over 50 mori's stacked on my Nurse and Pig and I only get it out when I see that SWF Claudette team because I hate it when they come to give me a hard time and just t-bag me either at the exit gate or just threw out the match. Now all we can do is put up with it and git gud.

Current event hooks cannot be sabotaged.

But yeah, other than that, pretty dead on.

Just curious, though, do you become more forgiving if it's not a toxic looking group?

If I know for a fact it's not a SWF group IDC I'll play normally IDC if one has a flashlight and tries to save it's whatever to me but if I know it's a group I'm gonna try a lot harder than usual.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    1. Event hooks can't be sabo'd even after they've been used.

2. Not every group of survivors is toxic nor is every swf group and well know that' probably the most overused argument beside every group is 4 man swf with flashlights/ds/sb/ad/dh etc etc etc.

3. NOED does reward bad killers at times but it can be cleansed, the time it isn't is when you go totem hunting and your team doesn't and you get hooked. When you get groups that either don't know about it or don't care and thus the latter definitely needs to get wrecked by it.

4. The rest of the stuff is nonsense as well on both sides.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792
    edited October 2018
    Mesme said:

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:

You are blatantly lying seeing as event hooks cannot be sabotaged. You making this claim basically calls into question the rest of this toxicity you claim to be witnessing.

Also.. using toolboxes and flashlights is toxic? Using ADRENALINE is toxic? I'll ignore DS because some killer mains here legitimately do think just the act of using DS is inherently toxic. 

If using items or perks is by itself toxic then playing as Nurse is the epitome of toxicity.
    @mandytalks can the event hooks be sabotaged or not
    You don't need to @ an employee to ask. It's in the patch notes or you could just play and find out.
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

As unbelievable as i find it you have that stuff more than anything else, i'll go along with that being a thing and say...

So what?

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    NOED is not being a tryhard. Before that perk can even come into effect ignorance and impatience have to be applied by the survivors
  • Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,692

@Warlock_2020 said:

@Raccoon said:
    If you're not having fun, you can always uninstall.

Not that I agree with OP, but these responses crack me up. One day these internet warriors, who love to tell people play another game, are going to run a business or a venture that requires participation in order to be successful. They will then realize that having idiot participants that try to run off other participants are going to kill their business/venture and are poisonous as a whole. In short, players like Racoon are poisonous to this game. It is part of why we have such a bad community here. Anyone that disagrees with you should quit playing and uninstall. If that occurred, you would not have a game to play anymore.

Can't fix stupid.

I gave the OP an honest and direct solution to the OP's frustration and lack of fun (boring) with the current state of the game.

Telling someone that explicitly states they're not having fun/wasting their time to stop playing/uninstall surely warrants being called stupid and poisonous.

What were the OP and I disagreeing about again? I'm pretty sure we're both 100% in agreement that his posted scenario is something he doesn't enjoy, unless you're trying to say that he is having fun, which I don't get at all from his statement.

I have no idea why you're getting all triggered over a one sentence answer that literally reminds the person who states that they're not having fun and wasting time playing that they can always leave the game behind for however long it takes.

You know what would be left if everyone that wasn't enjoying the game left? A bunch of people enjoying the game.

If you reply, please let me know what my disagreement with the OP was in your response.

In closing, friend, I have a special message for you:

The Blueberry Pancakes Of Your Dreams

Ingredients
    *Makes about 14 pancakes
    3 large eggs, separated
    1 cup full-fat sour cream
    3 tablespoons whole milk
    3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    2/3 cups + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
    4 tablespoons butter, for the pan
    Maple syrup, for serving

Instructions
    In a large bowl whisk together the egg yolks, sour cream, milk, sugar, salt, vanilla, and baking powder.
    In a separate large bowl add flour and blueberries and toss to combine, making sure berries are fully coated in the flour.
    Add flour mixture to the wet milk mixture, and stir just to combine; do not over mix! The batter will be thick, so don't worry if there's a lot of clumps left.
    Add egg whites to a large bowl or the body of a stand mixer. Beat using a handheld mixer or the whisk attachment until the whites begin to form soft peaks.
    With a rubber spatula fold egg whites into flour/sour cream mixture, stirring until fully incorporated.
    Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
    Ladle 1/3 cup scoops of the batter into the skillet, only cooking a few at a time so they don't blend together.
    Cook pancakes until the edges begin to brown and the top of the batter bubbles, then flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Repeat for all pancake batter.
    Top pancakes with syrup and extra blueberries, or anything else your heart desires! Serve at once.

• OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716
    Cetren said:
    Why don't you just tryhard too?
    I'm one of those survivor mains that doesn't like DS just as much as the killer. I feel like survivors running that perk is just over kill.
  • OGlilSPOOK20

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:

So you want killers to just not use some of their most competitive perks or addons?

That's understandable. Could we get you something to eat or drink or wipe your bum for you too?

I'm not saying they can't, but it's just an event. I can super tryhard as survivor anytime I want but I know I'm good enough to run the killer around without crutch perks. It's just seeing everyone use the event offerings and the last offering doesn't turn around it's then we all know the killer is going tryhard. Played a Spirit with her best add-ons with Rancor, Ruin, Haunted Grounds & Make Your Choice also with a Eboni Mori....... That's not fun at all to play against my friend.
  • Beverly
    Beverly Member Posts: 184

This is the nicest I've seen people during an event, actually. Most killers let me finish flowers before killing me, and my teammates have been fairly cooperative. I've been here for multiple double bloodpoint events, the Summer BBQ Event, and even the Chinese New Year event. This is by far the best behaved the community has been in awhile, and that's saying something.

If you're disappointed with how your games are going or you've had really bad luck, sometimes it's best to just take a little DBD vacation. That usually helps me when I get shafted over and over in my rounds.

Maybe you don't want to take a break yet. If that's the case, then by all means go as meta as you wish. Decisive Strike/Sprint Burst/Etc. I find I usually don't need, but if everyone's bringing their A game and going hard then sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. As long as you're not bullying people or being an asshat, then adapt to whatever playstyle rewards you the most.

• Michiko
    Michiko Member Posts: 623
    Tsulan said:
    I'll never understand why people complain about NOED. You made it to the endgame, you made your points, you piped, you didn't take your time to cleanse all totems. Yet it's unfair, that the killer can one hit you. 
    ^ this. CLEAN TOTEMS = NO NOED. Its not rocket science, some survivors are just lazy.
  • dontTouchMyGens
    dontTouchMyGens Member Posts: 35
    What even is a tryhard? I have been called tryhard several times when playing Killer just for... playing the game, I guess? Yes, I will try to kill you. That‘s my job as a Killer. I might even use some perks as „crutches“ to help me kill you. Shocker, I know. 

Seriously, I had a guy complaining because I used Iron grasp, Shadowborn and Bloodhound (lol) with my level 12 Wraith, because apparently this gives me an unfair advantage. 
  • Bananaplanes
    Bananaplanes Member Posts: 23

@Nos37 said:
    Flashlights, Boil Over, Decisive Strikes, body-blocking, Deliverance.

Survivors are just as bad.

I agree survivors can also pull in toxic builds but boil over is just not one of those lmao.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Sheldor said:

@Master said:

@Sinner said:

So is DS

If the maps were actually redesigned so that you can properly hide yourself I'd agree, unfortunately a lot of times for example Shelter Woods for me gets generated with vast areas of small rocks and thin trees - effectively a see-you-everywhere area for killers. Same goes for McMillian and all other old maps with boxes and piles of rubble not hiding you from the killers view at all since they can just see you over it.

The way more and more new killers with more 'wallhack' like aura seeing perks were introduced DS is no longer a matter of playing bad, it's just one of the few counters survivors have with all the pallet removals and windows nailed shut.

The game fails miserably to deliver what it actually was designed to be in a lot of places.

Hiding after DS? dude, you just continue looping, thats why the perk is so broken and rewards survivor for playing bad (getting downed)

• Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167
    Not their problem. If you can’t survive, that’s on you.
  • TheReaper
    TheReaper Member Posts: 1

2 words, Try Harder

• Radiant
    Radiant Member Posts: 187
    edited October 2018
    @Malakir if you come from any serious FPS you find killer side of this game so easy that is unchallenging and useless to play: find, hook, repeat, 4k.

That's why I stopped some time ago and I only use killer for dailies now with embarassing ez matches without perks or addons.

And that hitbox, LOL
  • Spiritbx
    Spiritbx Member Posts: 264
    Sinner said:

Playing bad? You realize that the game is balance around 2 survivors escaping right? That means that the gens being done is a normal part of the game, not the killer being bad.  

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

I was done with the event and was no longer using Iron Grasp. Boil Over allows for Survivors to weasel in front of me to body block.

• Nos37

@Radiant said:
    Killer side of this game is so easy that it's unchallenging and useless to play; find, hook, repeat, 4k.

That's why I stopped some time ago and only use Killer for dailies now, with embarassing, easy matches, and without perks or add-ons.

If you're only playing Killer for dailies then you're not ranking up, meaning you're only facing amateur Survivors; of course it's easy.

• MuttonChops
    MuttonChops Member Posts: 55
    edited October 2018
    Nos37 said:

@Radiant said:
    Killer side of this game is so easy that it's unchallenging and useless to play; find, hook, repeat, 4k.

That's why I stopped some time ago and only use Killer for dailies now, with embarassing, easy matches, and without perks or add-ons.

If you're only playing Killer for dailies then you're not ranking up, meaning you're only facing amateur Survivors; of course it's easy.

Nvm 
  • Radiant
    Radiant Member Posts: 187
    edited October 2018

Thanks @Nos37 for explaining something you made up in your mind.
    Next time take the disturb to read the thread before dropping casual sentences.

Best :*

(hint: "... I stopped some time ago..." if you focus I bet you can understand the underlying meaning)

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    You can always play CIV 5 or RDR2.....

or get better at the game and actually try not to get caught for once you know. 
  • Nos37

I kept getting notifications of people @'ing me and laughing at "Boil Over," so I felt like clarifying why it was annoying as Killer.

• OGlilSPOOK20
    You can always play CIV 5 or RDR2.....

or get better at the game and actually try not to get caught for once you know. 
    Hi there. Rank 1 survivor btw. I am good and I also beat killers playing fair and not even using crutch perks to only get cucked at the end by Noed or Rancor or I'm just getting flat out camped or tunneled for 3 or 4 gens, but hey it's my fault for not playing like a brainless potato survivor and not falling for obvious killer mindgames that I play against every game. So have a nice day my friend 😉
  • OGlilSPOOK20

@Nos37 said:
    Flashlights, Boil Over, Decisive Strikes, body-blocking, Deliverance.

Survivors are just as bad.

I agree survivors can also pull in toxic builds but boil over is just not one of those lmao.

Lmao exactly! Boil Over is a trash perk. I literally went into a game and swapped out one of my perks for Boil Over to see what the killers were complaining about and I ran across a Trapper that had both Iron Grasp & Agitation on and Boil Over did absolutely nothing for me... He still carried me across the damn map and got his hook.
  • Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,692
    Anyone try the pancakes?
  • Just_Meh
    Just_Meh Member Posts: 96
    Hey if you're dumb enough to go for flowers imma kill you. Also, thanks for the extra hooks when you use those offerings. 
  • SirVicksTheSlayer
    SirVicksTheSlayer Member Posts: 101

Mooooooooom! the killer is trying to kill me!!!! reddit here i come! let me equip ds, deliverance, hop in discord, throw on that insta heal or commodius tool box, and get ready to be as obnoxious as i can first! is that an infinite window that is open!?!?!...