Hello I am New here - What Perks Do you use?

I'm new to this forum, I started playing the game 2 months ago on the Xbox One. Loving it, by the way, one of my favourite games now. My favourite survivor is Nae I am using self-care, balanced landing, urban evasion and DS. What perks do you guys use any tips would be awesome and thank you.

Comments

• Global
    Global Member Posts: 770

by tryhard you mean doing there job? Why do no one complain about tryhard survivors?

• neacutie
    neacutie Member Posts: 48

Not really was only asking a question as I am still new to perks and want to get to know different ones. I am not at all toxic I play the game right. Sorry if you took offence.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

pharmacy/sc, borrowed time, we''ll make it, botany, urban evasion, balanced landing/dead hard, bond/empathy are all pretty good perks

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    edited October 2018
    Here's a list of perks I commonly use.

Urban Evasion, Lithe, self care, Deja Vu, technician, detective's hunch, dance with me, and I am thinking of adding Object of Obsession. 

Sole survivor, and Decisive Strike (if I can ever get used to it) might get added in, but not super likely. I'm leveling Laurie anyhow. 

Windows of opportunity is good, too.
  • Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    @neacutie Pharmacy is the best perk in the game.
  • TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 700
    I enjoy Dark Sense, DS, Dance with Me, and Deliverance.

Dark Sense helps me know where the Killer is going so I can avoid them like the coward that I am, plus early game can help me know what I'm dealing with.

Call DS OP, but I think it's a good perk, and that's having gone against it as a Killer. Just a nice failsafe in case I'm caught.

Dance With Me is helpful to confuse the Killer, and even sometimes escape since it removes scratch marks.

And Deliverance is the failsafe to my DS if I can get it set up. One time had a cheeky Michael down me in front of an open gate. He walked off to do something and I pulled myself off and bolted. Helps that I main Kate so they don't expect it 
  • Xaggy
    Xaggy Member Posts: 330
    Currently I using Self-Care, Lithe, Adrenaline and We'll make it. But if you're stealth survivor, use Urban Evasion and Iron Will.
  • ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

I love to run stealth, so my perk choices are Urban Evasion, Iron Will, Premonition, and your perk of choice. I usually run Self Care, but Empathy is pretty good. An unpopular opinion, but I really like Botany Knowledge, especially after the healing nerf. If you're altruistic, I'd recommend We'll Make It. If you want to be harder to catch in a chase, Sprint Burst is good, but I prefer Lithe. If you know how to use it, Dead Hard is pretty good as well. Another unpopular opinion, but I really like Hope as an endgame perk. Really, it's up to you. If you want to play stealthy or be tough to catch in a chase, you just need to find the build that suits you best.

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

@neacutie said:
    I'm new to this forum, I started playing the game 2 months ago on the Xbox One. Loving it, by the way, one of my favourite games now. My favourite survivor is Nae I am using self-care, balanced landing, urban evasion and DS. What perks do you guys use any tips would be awesome and thank you.

you're literally using the most meta and arguably strongest perks in the game right now, the only changes would be for swapping dead hard or sprint burst for balanced landing or adrenaline for urban evasion. Perks are dependent on your playstyle, usually I like running one mobility perk, one stealth perk, one objective perk, and one detection or aura perk.

• Entità
    Entità Member Posts: 1,583
    Welcome to this big Community!

In my opinion, especially at the beginning, it is better to equip "Spine Chill": it is an anti-ambush perk, very useful not to be surprised by the killer: it warns you when they are looking in your direction within a radius of 12/24/36 meters, after which, depending on your preferences, you can decide to crouch, to walk away, to take a shot or just wait a bit. It works with all the killers (except the Shape with Evil Within I), and it should prevent you from dying first, so you'll have longer games and you'll experience more easily.

• neacutie

Thank you, everyone, for your responses and like I said before I was only trying to get more insight from others so not sure what the first reply was all about didn't make sense to me. Thank you all, I will play around with some of the perks what you have all mentioned and see which suites me best. Thanks again at the moment am really enjoying this game.

• Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 985
    I've been running deliverance, dead hard, borrowed time, and the fourth slot varies. I've run a bunch of different ones, like calm spirit, wake up!, and leader.
  • Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@neacutie said:

Tips:
    -use Self Care
    -spread out
    -if not chased, do gens
    -if chased, try to lose the killer
    -if you can't lose the killer, waste his time (looping)
    -do only safe unhooks without the killer nearby

Perks: SC, SB, (DS if you can handle the skillcheck)
    If you play solo Bond or Empathy are great.
    And the new buffed Alert is very good.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,873

@neacutie said:
    I am using self-care, balanced landing, urban evasion and DS. What perks do you guys use any tips would be awesome and thank you.

That is actually a pretty good set up. I usually fit borrowed time into my kit. I also typically only play survivor when I'm playing with friends though. If I'm playing with randoms then I often swap it out. Other really good perks are adreneline, deliverance, unbreakable, and empathy.

• redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    I run calm spirit and iron will spirit because never know when a docs gonna pop up and it means I can walk past birds and not crouch and iron for when I get unhooked and get far away I can crouch hide till I can heal or be healed by others run selfcare but never use near to were you was hurt or unhooked as the killer's could run nurses calling to find you and try to run any perk'sthat can help you get up from the ground if needed if you have ds then save it for your last hook not your first or second as its a waste and avoid taking in items as your gonna lose them more then often but if your on cold wind farm and need to heal theres a small area you can hide on to heal if your fast the harvester's have a small metal area you can stand on so heal fast and escape (don't work on huntress's) dont run all over the place as you can be found faster try to save pallets for important reason's like being downed near a fellow survivor inside one so the killer cannot grab you without risking a stun if you see the killer chasing a friend going for a save use one on them to take them off them and hide or break los
  • neacutie

Want to say thank you to everyone who has commented. All these tips have helped me and I will try to use them in my gameplay. I suck at the game so far lol Well I have had few good matches but I am normally the first one down haha so yeah I will use the tips in these comments and try not to run around as much. They always seem to know where I am hiding for some reason.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

I like stealth and self sufficiency.

Urban Evasion
    Self Care (Bond or Pharmacy if you prefer; I don't)
    Sprint Burst
    Iron Will or We're Gonna Live Forever

Basically what I run always. I'm not a fan of DS, especially with Rancor tunneling.

• neacutie

I tried the DS I have only hit it a few times struggle to get it every time so I might have to start using something else in its place. I don't have the iron will yet for Nea is that Jakes teachable.

• XxAtomicAlfiexX
    XxAtomicAlfiexX Member Posts: 395

i ether use all of dwights perks with streetwise for gens or all of neas perks with plunders instinct. neas and dwights perks are very good. use adrenaline,balanced landing,urban evasion and self care though. when being chased run to a high place and drop from it to lose the killer.

• neacutie

That is one of my favourite perks balanced landing, especially for Crotus Prenn Asylum when been chased through that chapel building drop down out the window and turn mid-air and run back in. So streetwise helps with the gens more faster I had that on as well and took it off.

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192

@neacutie said:
    Thank you, everyone, for your responses and like I said before I was only trying to get more insight from others so not sure what the first reply was all about didn't make sense to me. Thank you all, I will play around with some of the perks what you have all mentioned and see which suites me best. Thanks again at the moment am really enjoying this game.

Don't worry about the first reply, i suspect they were trying to reply to another thread that's come up recently and missclicked, I've almost done that myself. Either that or they are having a conversation with themselves. Either way, welcome to the game!

• Khalednazari
    Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433
    We're Gonna Live Forever is the best perk in the game. And Claudette is the best survivor. 
  • Global
    Global Member Posts: 770

@HellDescent said:

@Global said:
    by tryhard you mean doing there job? Why do no one complain about tryhard survivors?

what are you talking about??

oh #########? that was supposed to go on a different discussion wall. Dont know why its on this one?

• Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780

Depends on who I am playing. I have all the perks on Claudette only, so I run whatever with Adrenaline and dead hard. I usually like to take in either we'll make it or borrowed time. On Feng Min I run both with self-care and Lithe. If there is a teachable I like, I will run it on that respective character. I run bond on Dwight, Iron Will and Calm Spirit on Jake, Stakeout on Tapp, Balanced Landing on Nea, Deliverance on Adam, Windows of Opportunity on Kate... Pharmacy on Quentin, and I don't play the remaining two characters (Bill and Laurie) at all.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    I use instant escape. It makes the killer dc after a certain amount of time within a chase. You can also shorten the amount of time by t-baging and spaming the flashlight.
  • Whisky_Glass
    Whisky_Glass Member Posts: 49
    Solo: kindred, bond and open handed. The 4th one can be either self care or small game since most killers run ruin at rank 1, plus self care is not that important when u got bond and open handed.
    Swf: depending on what the others are running, but i always take borrowed time with me.
  • se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

Iron Will + Bond, mostly. Usually I mix it with We'll Make It and Lightweight.

• PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042
    edited October 2018
     <font color=plum>
    Hi, welcome to DBD!

I use Adrenaline, Self Care, Sprint Burst / Dead Hard , and We’re Gonna Live forever.

I recommend you use Adrenaline if you’re always the person that gets into a chance as soon as the last gen is about to pop, it’s really comes in clutch...

SELF CARE is a must, literally almost EVERYONE uses it.

Sprint Burst is also very good, I recommend it instead of Dead Hard since you’re just starting out but if you’re going to use Dead Hard instead, you have to know when to dead hard, Dead Hard is all about timing. You’ll get the hang of it eventually :)

You can also use We’re Gonna Live Forever so you can get more BP’s faster, you make more than you would in an average match depending on how many saves you get!

You should watch Noob3, he’s a very good and toxic YouTuber, he should teach you a few things on how to survive!
  • AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    I enjoy Dark Sense, DS, Dance with Me, and Deliverance.

Dark Sense helps me know where the Killer is going so I can avoid them like the coward that I am, plus early game can help me know what I'm dealing with.

Call DS OP, but I think it's a good perk, and that's having gone against it as a Killer. Just a nice failsafe in case I'm caught.

Dance With Me is helpful to confuse the Killer, and even sometimes escape since it removes scratch marks.

And Deliverance is the failsafe to my DS if I can get it set up. One time had a cheeky Michael down me in front of an open gate. He walked off to do something and I pulled myself off and bolted. Helps that I main Kate so they don't expect it 
    If you want to avoid the killer use alert instead of dark sense. I'm useing it and I  almost always know where the killer is. Also ds is pretty op, I've had a lot of games ruined by that perk. Its a get out of jail card that wastes too much of the killers time.