We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

A question about pinhead.

Options
Thr_ust
Thr_ust Member Posts: 481
edited October 2021 in Lore

I’ve heard people calling him a BDSM demon. And I’m getting mixed ideas on if that’s a serious description of pinhead himself or if it’s just a joke. Obviously, he’s sadistic but some of his addons imply he’s also a masochist and on top of that the one green addon I can’t remember the name of says the cenobites made the guy experience both pleasure and pain. So is pinhead straight up doing BDSM stuff with the people he takes or is it just a torture thing?

Comments

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360
    Options

It is a torture thing, very. They are inspired by BDSM clothing and attire, but the cenobites are demons of "pleasure." Pleasure to them though, happen to be flesh ripping torture. It is why all the cenobites have horrific body modifications, they were originally ones wanting the same pleasure and now they give it to others. It is a joke they are BDSM and sexual though, because the torture they do is horrific and not something you'd want to see.

• Thr_ust
    Thr_ust Member Posts: 481
    edited October 2021
    Options

Is the torture a way they get off though? Or is it just what their purpose is now as cenobites. Like are they actively choosing to torture people because they enjoy doing it?

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360
    Options

It isn't like it is some pleasurable thing to them sexually (at least not to my knowledge, I don't know the comics very well) but the cenobites just see it as pleasuring to tear peoples flesh off and torture them relentlessly, since the only feeling cenobites can feel is pain. Their purpose as cenobites is to travel the cosmos sharing their experiences, which is relentless torture. The Came jokes and etc can be taken as pleasure = sexy times, and guilt and lust is a definite theme of the books and movies, but it isn't like intercourse, just torture.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,804
    Options

It almost feels mocking when they say "Pleasure and Pain", as it's mainly pleasure for them and nothing but pain for their victims. If a victim is granted the "blessing" of becoming a Cenobite, then perhaps their suffering becomes more of a pleasure. Those who aren't though ... well ... they never go quietly.

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

Longtime fan of the HellRaiser franchise, maybe I can help.

The cenobites are hedonists who sold their souls for the pursuit of pleasure. Over the centuries of trying literally every pleasure known to every species in the realms, they've become twisted, where the only thing that makes them feel anything anymore is extreme pain, whether that pain is their own or that of their victims. The longer they live and the more they experience, the more extreme the experience has to be to provide any pleasure or feeling at all.

Or to put it a shorter way, they passed BDSM back in the dark ages.