Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Anyone else getting screwed over by SBMM?

I don't know why but I feel like its completely backwards, that or i'm just getting boned. I recently picked up Demo (Wanted to get him before he was impossible to buy) and doing a couple games. Back to back, i got Red ranks as a ash rank. I don't nearly play this game enough for me to be considered that good. And I doubt they are so bad that they get put up with a baby demo. Anyone else getting this? I'm not mad i'm just confused cause When i play a main (Like pig, Doc or Huntress) I get ash to gold ranks.

Comments

• Kyxlect
    Kyxlect Member Posts: 230

Grades don't matter anymore it's based on your MMR and while I thought that the system is supposed to give you easier Survivors when you're playing a new Killer some people were saying it's still gonna be based partly on your overall Killer MMR. I found that out when I myself played Pig for the first time and got sweaty SWF's. Didn't know what the ######### I was doing.

Could also be due to the time you're playing, if the system can't find easier matches for you it'll just throw you a sweat squad which most people are doing now.

• Dwigtht
    Dwigtht Member Posts: 462

I don't know, this MMR is random and silly.

What I've heard is that you have your player MMR a separate killer MMR. So, when you play a new killer, your killer MMR will be like your player MMR for a few matches, until you lose enough times. So your baby-killer MMR is still high even when you play killer for the first time.

How much is enough losing to level down MMR -- I honestly don't know. There are conditions in the game that makes you lose: difficult map, coordinated SWF team on comms. Demo should be fine for most cases (and proper build with SBTFL), but I still find it difficult to play Demo (and many other killers) on RPD, for instance.

• Mistakesweremade
    Mistakesweremade Member Posts: 229

Not really. It's just extremely inconsistent. But overall I feel like the quality of my games has improved, and I don't have to worry about ranks now so that's great.

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146

As survivor I am getting mostly fair matches.

As killer it seems to want me to get 5 0ks in a row before giving me 1 fair match, 2k or less with plenty of hooks. Then it's back to 5 0ks, possibly a baby match, then fair match, then 5 0ks. See a pattern there lol.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

From my experience your overall killer mmr kind of messes with your ability to play lower tier killers. I used to vary my killers between games but now with my games being difficult at my current mmr (whatever that is?) I go one or two rounds with cenobite I can't go back to low tier killers like pig and trapper unless I'm willing to soak 3 games where I have to play out some frustrating game's.

• Set
    Set Member Posts: 23

The only screwing sbmm has been doing to me is I have to wait 20 minutes for a game of killer.

• Lt_Lucifer
    Lt_Lucifer Member Posts: 5

If i remember, they said taht it would mainly focus on your Killer MMR. And i would get if it was my total mmr. But again I don't play this game nearly enough or no where near good enough to get sweaty swfs. But i guess you're right by the time of day thing. Thanks for the advice!

• Lt_Lucifer

I would agree, Because I main Pig for when i wanna 'try hard' and 'sweat' but then I go up against people who's worse then me as a survivor (and I suck as survivor) Yet i'm trying Demo its like I need ot be given Red Swfs. I don't mind going against them, but I would expect the game to atleast put them on a killer i've been playing for a while.Thanks again for commenting on my post!

• Lt_Lucifer

The MMR is really buggy. Just wished it would just focus on your MMR or atleast tell you when it opens up to a more broader set of people. I will say Demo is fun as hell.

• Lt_Lucifer

I wanna say thank you for everyone who commented on this silly little post. I know this isn't that big of deal to alot of people but it still makes me happy that the community is willing to discuss crazy things like this.

• KolbyKolbyKolby
    KolbyKolbyKolby Member Posts: 623

I'm genuinely having the opposite problem right now. I have 5,300 hours in the game, and I'd say its like 60-70% survivor and 40-30% killer, depending on the month or something, like lately I've been doing a lot more killing.

At any rate, I am getting matched with players who have *less than 10 hours in the game* I am hitting a meg and she sprint bursts into the grass by a door in full sight of me and just crouched there. I had a game with two people that didn't know they had to mend and those two both went down against my legion while I was chasing a third person.

Granted this is about how well most of my teammates play as survivor so maybe I shouldn't be too surprised, but I genuinely feel like my mmr is just broke.