Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

PC | Nurse's Calling Not Working (Inconsistent)

KayTwoAyy
KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,699

I found evidence in a few games last night of Nurse's Calling not providing an aura of the healing survivor(s).

It is hard to say how often it occured, as I could have walked past many healing survivors without knowing. I can say with certainty that it is not always broken.

At the moment, I suspect that healing with a medkit is in part responsible for the bug. I always saw group heals and players healing with self-care. However, I did not see the aura of a Laurie healing a David, while the Laurie was holding a medkit.

I know with certainty that these survivors did not have Distortion, as I always received aura reading with my add-on.

1 votes

Need more info · Last Updated

Comments

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,488
    edited October 2021

She was mending which isn't considered a healing action on the left side of the screen you can clearly see she had and lost the yellow mending bar, some effects in the game like snap out of it used to be considered healing actions for the sake of nurses calling but since patch 2.4.0 the line was drawn at just regular healing removing the other action that up until that point was considered healing which was snapping out of it, and mending (which was added in this patch with it) was lumped in with it not being considered healing for the sake of nurses calling and other perks / addons effects (other than mend time addons of course) .

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 23,000

@bjorksnas is correct. In the video shown the survivor is mending not healing - mending does no trigger Nurses Calling as it's not classed as a healing action.

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,699

good spot on the mending! there were two other instances last night that raised an eyebrow before this, so I'll keep running Nurse's and see if I can figure out why I wasn't seeing auras in the other situations.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 23,000

If you are able to grab a clip, you can upload to this thread - I'll keep my eyes on it.