MMR = Tunnel

And you can't change my mind. 90% of the games are bullshit now.

Comments

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,482

Since there is no reward for playing nice as kills being the only statistic that matters for killer mmr there is no incentive to play nice since you gain nothing from it, camping / tunneling a survivor out early gives you 1 win and basically secures 3 more from killing the other survivors who are now most likely at your mercy

maybe if the mmr system and bloodpoints (needs to be both one or the other isn't sufficient for the majority) rewarded nicer play it would shift how a majority of players act such as removing the current scoring for mmr and replacing it with something that gives points based on a chart then adding them up and subtracting a calculated base amount, and rewarding blood point multipliers during and at the end of the match based on playing nice

• bjorksnas
    edited October 2021

the incentive to play scummy for easy kills is easy kills / winning the match with a near guaranteed 4k , mmr just comes with it

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

I got 2 kills off 10 and 1 off 8 in my last couple of games. Playing nicely gets you nowhere. Ive seen a lot of tunneling when playing survivor, they all get 4k doing that, it works.....

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,236
  • bjorksnas
    edited October 2021

Nah mmr does affect the mindset but by how much varies from person to person, for example when mmr came out otz gave hatch to the last survivor much less than before mmr, just in the scenario of tunneling and camping killers it likely created more as players who wanted to win the same amount were faced against better players and are being forced to use the strongest strategies to win the same amount

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

I would argue there is counterplay to some of these points. Like if a survivor doesn't heal a killer can definitely punish them for that. Also, even if a survivor knows every killer powers weakness, at least a fair amount of killers are still strong enough to do well against them, in my opinion.

Perhaps my mmr isn't max though, so it's still hard for me to judge. The stretched resolution thing in particular is bs though.

And I do agree that playing skillful and fair is too often not rewarded as much as playing campy and tunnely, though I sometimes still feel it depends on the situation and progress of the match. I've been doing fairly well at the moment without camping and tunneling while playing Nemesis, but again that might also be because I am not max mmr yet.

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443

MMR = Genrush.

It's not a one side suffering thing.

• NekoTorvic
    NekoTorvic Member Posts: 778

So I started playing again to see how i find the game after a while with MMR. (Note I don't use gen perks at all. Except for Surge on pinhead, cuz I hate gen perks. But even if I used them it wouldn't matter) I basically have two types of games:

-Survivors split up on gens so I just go after one survivor, camp and tunnel them to see if i get one kill. They either die or they don't and most of the match I play like a zombie, not really caring about anything.

-Gens don't fly, I can actually use my power, give everyone chases and even give hatch at the end. This is where I find some semblance of fun.

MMR is atrocious.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,876

Jokes on them- only sweaty swf are waiting at the top- let’s see them tunnel someone who can loop for 5 gens and have their 3 friends save them foe the EGC face camp.

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188

at the highest level you only see nurses and spirits, not killers to loop for 5 gens. normally using thrill and devour or haunted grounds...

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,120

Kills are easy when the survivors make them that way.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,876

I didn’t mean the very top. I figure at some point they will plateau and reach those first few SWF’s that’ll humble em and send em back down. They def can’t be up there playing that way.

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974

the reward is having fish in a barrel that are even more helpless so you can abuse the system more.

• SwampViking
    SwampViking Member Posts: 34

This new system also causes another major problem on the survivor side, and I'm 100% sure the devs don't care.

This new escape based MMR means if I want to play at higher ranks and know I can count on my team mates, I have ZERO incentive other than BP to interact and help my team mates now. I have no problem farming people to make sure I get out to keep that MMR up.

Screw my teammates, it's about that escape now bois.