Any horror movie/game recommendations?

Aurelle
Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

So it's spooky season 🎃👻 and I'm looking for new scary games/movies.

Does anybody have any thriller/horror movies or games they recommend?

Comments

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,966

Play silent hills 1 through 4 amazing horror games that still hold up well

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,610

If you've never seen the original Halloween, I strongly recommend it, extremely good movie.

In terms of games, Alien Isolation is a remarkably tense and nervewracking game, but I think most people have probably played it by now.

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,678

There were a lot of great recommendations in this post not long ago about horror games:

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,154

Also, on top of the above recommendations, there are some smaller games that hit the mark too:

• Downfall: A game that explores eating disorders and how people view themselves. Very dark.

• Lone Survivor: Silent Hill meets Twin Peaks in a strange, empty town with even stranger humanoids.

• Silent Hill Room 304: A point-and-click game which quite successfully brings the atmosphere.

• Sanitarium: A great tale which delves into insanity, mental anguish and a lot of strange landscapes and warped residents.

• Jericho: More action-packed, but Clive Barker is involved, so if that doesn't sell it then nothing will!

• Carmageddon: More for comedy horror, but driving around taking on other "racers" whilst terrorising and killing innocents .. there is a horror in that.

• Ghalam
    Ghalam Member Posts: 99

Fatal frame. Especially number 2

• JesseJH28
    JesseJH28 Member Posts: 483

I recently played Outlast 1, Whistleblower, and 2, and can confidently say that those are some of the best horror games I've ever played; they just kept getting better in my opinion. Resident Evil 7 is the first horror game I've played and I absolutely love that game as well! Much of what's next on my list is in the thread above

• JesseJH28
    JesseJH28 Member Posts: 483

Almost forgot you asked about movies as well! Some of my favorites specifically on Shudder (had to keep the list condensed somehow lol) are:

They Look Like People

Summer of 84

Hell House, LLC

Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon

The Furies (actually has a bit of a dbd feeling to it)

Random Acts of Violence

The Call

I'm sure I'm missing a lot more... I love horror movies lol. If you're into a specific style of horror I'd be happy to give more suggestions based on that!

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033

Visage, fantastic game.

Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice. Not completely a horror game, but still fun.

Layers of fear

The evil within

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

Here's a few horror films for Halloween:

Clown (Eli Roth, 2014)

The Descent (2005)

Hostel (2005)

Prince Of Darkness (John Carpenter, 1987)

The Ritual (2017)

ENJOY! 💀

• Rancid_Discharge
    Rancid_Discharge Applicant Posts: 193

I just rewatch the first 4 Halloween movies every year so I have no new recommendations besides those

• MrCalac123
    MrCalac123 Member Posts: 1,147

The Thing by John Carpenter and Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)

DO NOT google anything about Body Snatchers, it will pull up massive spoilers. Treat yourself and just find a site to watch it, it's a slow burn at first but the film does a fantastic job of presenting a terrifying situation that makes you feel very uneasy.