Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Supporting the game

Tonight I purchased my first cosmetics ever after playing the game for about years. I hate spending money on those kinds of “frivolous” things in general, but when I sat back and thought about it, I’ve had an awful lot of fun playing this game by myself and with friends over the past three years. I don’t play super frequently (I only have about 800 hours) but spending a little bit of money for those hours of fun to help support the future of the game seems like a really good bargain to me. As much as I love to complain about certain shortcomings of the game, it’s by far the best in its genre and I’ve played it way more than any of the other games I own.

I wanted to post this to encourage anyone else who has been playing the game for a while who hasn’t spent money on cosmetics or DLCs like I hadn’t for a long time to seriously consider spending a little bit as a way to thank the devs for the fun game they created for you to enjoy and also to support the future of the game. Without people spending money on the extra content, the devs don’t have the resources to continue supporting and improving the game we love (and sometimes hate) to play.

No, I don’t work for BHVR 😂 Just a long time fan of the game and want to see it live on for years to come.

Comments

• EqMonkVeeshan
    EqMonkVeeshan Member Posts: 416

I haven't spent a dime on the game since spirits release and do not plan to going forward. Untill they resolve some of what I consider major problems with the game.

• Hippie
    Hippie Member Posts: 1,003

Good on you, friend! I actually just bought some cells after being gone for quite some time because I'm really pleased with how the game is improving (and the rift stuff, and something I'm picking up toward the end of the month!). I quit playing in August of last year because I wasn't really pleased with the state of the game but after coming back a couple months ago things are looking a lot better. Especially the Decisive Strike change, perk tweaks and the PTB changes we'll be seeing live next week. I do enjoy supporting companies and people (especially artists on Bandcamp!) who do good work in my opinion. I'm glad to see BHVR putting in the work and hope to see more good updates and changes in the future.

• lordfart
    lordfart Member Posts: 538

I compulsively buy so many dumb cosmetics that I'll never use I love em

• Mistakesweremade
    Mistakesweremade Member Posts: 229

Eh, I don't think this kind of behavior is healthy. If you are going to purchase something purchase it because you like it, not because you want to "support" a company. They really don't care about that and most probably don't need it, this game is already pretty financially stable.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

I personally don't care about supporting the game or all that ethical stuff. Me see skin I like me buy end of story.

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443

1 I can barely even keep up with the current dlc. 2. I don't want to give money to people who don't make a game that runs so poorly on consoles.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

If the skin is good and on a character I play, I do it for the drip. I never thought twice about the Pretty Lady Leatherface. I just knew.

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586

I like the game and want it to continue, that’s why I’m happy to throw some money their way after playing for three years without doing so. Do you think the company would be financially stable if nobody ever purchased DLCs or cosmetics? How would the company earn revenue to pay their developers, other than from people purchasing the game itself (which is relatively cheap at $20 on Steam). The only reason the company is financially stable as you say (not sure how you know that for a fact, by the way) is because people spend money on the game even after they purchase it for the first time. If financially supporting an activity you enjoy is “unhealthy behavior”, then yeah I guess I and most other people on this planet are guilty :)

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586

Nothing wrong with that. We’re just supporting the game for different reasons. You do it because you like the skins. I don’t really care that much about the skins but want to support the future of the game. Either way, the result is the same and it helps keep the devs employed

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Spending money is supporting the game, complaining about things that needs to be changed is also supporting the game. I do both 😀

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited October 2021

I usually only buy cosmetics very rarely. The last one i bought was the blighted nurse outfit. Usually when a new licensed chapter releases i buy it unless i think its garbage. If its not licensed i spend shards because i feel its not worth my money. Hell i had shards lying around and i didnt even unlock trickster+twins until recently. Trickster i unlocked for starstruck and no way out. Never played a single game as him. Twins i unlocked because of pinhead. If not for the hoarder mixing so well with the box i wouldnt have unlocked them. Thats probably why hoarder hasnt been changed. Bhvr has to know people are buying that awful killer just because of pinhead and they dont want to lose that money. Its also why i felt ds took 4 years to balance because the halloween chapter makes them money.