I just watched Halloween Kills and ...(ALERT SPOILERS)

Jarol
Jarol Member Posts: 1,985
edited October 2021 in Off-topic

The truth is that I feel like I don't get too hyped for most of the movie, the part that I loved the most was the flashbacks of Halloween night 1978 and the massacre that I unleashed against the firefighters, but something that I feel disappointed me is that Laurie did not meet Michael face to face in this movie. It is based more on the secondary characters such as Tommy, Lindsey and Lonnie, who want to stop Michael but in the end end up dead except for Lindsey who survived before him.

The end wasted too much of Karen's character and I think that those who gave Michael the most fight were Allyson and Tommy, now I think too much what can happen in Halloween Ends after Michael unleashed chaos in Haddonfield, for sure there will be a lapse of A few years time seeing Haddonfield really affected that they even ban Halloween and kill the fools dressed as Michael Myers.

Maybe on Halloween Ends Michael finally dies? Or maybe he will never die or maybe he will speak for the first time in the movie or maybe it is a cyberg programmed to kill everyone who sees and there are clones of michael out of some secret laboratory in Smith's Grove, Freddy vs Jason vs Michael? Who knows.

Comments

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,695

I hope Michael never dies.

• Jarol

If the saga continues after Halloween Ends, I wish there was an expanded universe of Halloween or some Slasherverse since it is always about the Cat and the Mouse, Michael and Laurie.

• JesseJH28
    JesseJH28 Member Posts: 483

I thought it was great. Michael seemed much more aggressive than we've ever seen him before, and they showcased that aggression largely on side characters, probably for a reason. I think Halloween 2018 showed us what Laurie is capable of, and Halloween Kills showed us what Michael is capable of. I wouldn't be surprised to see Halloween Ends put the two together and got back to the cat and mouse between the two as you said. At the end, it seemed that Michael got away from the mob without all of them knowing, so I think he could go into hiding for a while while Laurie heals up; I would expect to see officer Hawkins as well since he seemed to gain quite a bit of character in this movie that wouldn't feel right if it wasn't utilized in the next.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,157

I felt like it really fell flat. It felt more like a filler movie than a movie that stands on it's own. The kills were cool but the actual story bit was pretty meh. Annoyed those little kids weren't killed by Myers. The "evil dies tonight" just went on way too long. Laurie's granddaughter was obnoxious, was hoping Mikey would kill her.

Glad I saw it but I don't see myself watching it again.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

Oh my God I HATED Halloween kills so much. Too much unnecessary gore and not enough Laurie Strode.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

The movie was ok, but the ending was really disappointing. The story was kind of meh and kept jumping from character to character, which I didn't really like. I think Halloween (2018) was better compared to Halloween Kills.

• Jarol

I think the same, I just hope that Halloween Ends exceeds all the expectations of the people.

• Jarol

Laurie did not contribute anything to the plot and Michael instead of going after her, goes home but in a very violent way kills whoever he sees. Almost the protagonists were secondary characters of the original film but already older. I think it was filler and if the producers fulfilled what they wanted to look for with this film, see Haddonfield against Michael but in the end the more he kills, the more he transcends, the more immortal and the stronger he becomes.