Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

What have you done my child...

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,966

eh I've never watched em before

I like how myers was a ######### giant

• LegionOfDumb
    LegionOfDumb Member Posts: 623

I think people exaggerate how bad this and the 2nd one are. Neither of them are good, 2 especially is an absolute mess, abut t least it being a reboot means that it doesn't undermine the original film's plot * COUGH * 4, 5, 6, and Resurrection * COUGH *

• jabberdragon
    jabberdragon Member Posts: 54

Eh, y'know, as movies go I give the Rob Zombie Halloween movies a solid C-, which is not to say they are bad, they're just guilty of not being good.

And horror movies generally aren't GOOD movies, let's be real. That doesn't mean they're not GOOD horror movies. There are worse ways to spend your time.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

The original 1978 is my favourite film behind Jaws. I'm an older fella, put it this way, I saw H20 at the cinema. Anyway, I'm a fan of the franchise as a whole.

In my opinion, the Rob Zombie films aren't that bad. In fact, the Rob Zombie Halloween 2 was enjoyable.

The only Halloween film I legitimately don't like is Halloween Resurrection. Painful.

• IsJustMe
    IsJustMe Member Posts: 436

I think the biggest problem with Halloween 2 was for the fans (and yes me too) that Myers talked. it ruined the complett movie

• Dr_Loomis

I see it as the same as Rob Zombie's Loomis being a complete money-hungry sleazeball: if things were parallel to the 1978 version, it would be a simple update.

I personally found Zombie's Loomis absolutely hilarious.

Michael talking a child could take away some of the mystic, but his child version and adult version were almost separate entities. As for Michael shouting as he kills Loomis, I didn't mind as Michael died straight afterwards.

Overall, the films didn't effect my love for the original.

• Rancid_Discharge
    Rancid_Discharge Applicant Posts: 193

That movie made me feel sick to my stomach and uncomfortable in a bad way. One of the most unpleasant movie experiences I've ever had but at least you enjoyed it

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,966
  • pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

Yeah I’m not a fan as he always tries to add some element of abusive past to justify why the killer does what they do.

Micheal was spooky, a true bogeyman, because he just silently stalked and killed and was really just evil.

Trying to add some deeper artsy back story to it undermines his character and waters down the horror. It’s why I’m not a fan of Zombie’s remakes in general. It’s like he doesn’t get what makes the character iconic and scary in the first place.

• Dr_Loomis

One thing I will say about Zombie: his film "31" is absolutely APPALLING.