Is Dead hard a problem?

2»

Comments

• Bennett_They1Them
    Bennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,513

it's annoying.

unless you get hit verified while using your power.

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994

That a mod says it's no problem, sees how out of touch they are. It's basically a better DS, because you can use it multiple times to get to a pallet or window. Many killers are not capable of ignoring those obstacles, so the chase only gets longer. That's a one time thing with DS, but you can have that multiple times with DH.

• FreddysMain
    FreddysMain Member Posts: 289

The only thing that annoys me with dead hard is when you’re killer and you clearly hit the survivor but then they dead hard and they don’t go down.. it is very delayed dead hard.

never happens when I’m survivor though 🤣

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 961

I think there's a fine line with how it can have multiple ways it can be used over other exhaustion perks, kinda invalidates other exhaustion candidates when Dead Hard can negate an M1 attack, a power attack cooldown, Creates Distance to pallet / Window, Extend chases to be 2x longer in certain scenarios, Shits on Victor allowing him to be kicked for free, Dead Hard combined with DS / BT offers way too much for one perk slot in my humble opinion.

• tennmio
    tennmio Member Posts: 354

First of all penicilline isn't a vaccine (you shouldn't spread misinformation even if it is a joke cause you believe that no one can be so uneducated that they don't know this. There will always be someone that'll prove you wrong) it is a medicine used to treat bacterial infections. This whole year dead hard was a on and off at least on console. It only works 50% of the time at the moment and only worked properly for about 1 or 2 months in total this whole year. Therefore I don't see another problem with dead hard then the fact that it isn't working proplerly on every platform.

If you seem to have a problem with dead hard on survivors while playing killer just adapt to it. No big deal. Assume everyone got it and make sure you don't get outplayed.

• BoostedKateMain
    BoostedKateMain Member Posts: 51

Dead Hard is one of the reasons why I don't want to play killer however I think exhaustion perks as a whole are unbalanced in the current state of the game and the only one that is fine is Head on.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,702

I hate Dead Hard but I will say it’s easier to counter it once you figure out the survivor has it.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

Dead Hard isn't a problem, but it feels like a problem. It works well and does exactly what it is supposed to do and nothing more. It's just that what it does is effective in a way that feels bad to grapple with as a killer. You get used to it though

• Massquwatt
    Massquwatt Member Posts: 423

I don't hate the idea behind the perk but a good user of dead hard can make REALLY good use of it. Especially in regards to mistakes, there's times where you'll get a good read on the survivor and outplay them on a loop but before you can even capitalize on that they just dead hard back over to the pallet or something and erase your good play. It's very annoying and made all the more annoying now that basically everyone uses it these days. Not to mention the weird oddities like dead hard eating Nemesis's tentacle attacks preventing him from breaking pallets. The only thing you can do about it is that hope the person using it will use it incorrectly and just waiting it out.