The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Camping and tunneling, any fixes or bans?

Vert3x
Vert3x Member Posts: 125

Tunneling and camping have always been debated but they start deserving a little more attention now that survivors got nerfed in everything and that we would be given limits even in taking a #########.

It's time to give some importance to the harsh experiences that survivors have in this game as well as it's been given to those that the killer had, and one of these is to deal with tunnelers and campers; not one good killer main needs that, many of them disagree with that play style and it's in general really unfair and unfun.

Not once you could say that it's fun to get camped or tunneled, and you don't want the game to be unfun for neither one of the sides, don't you, Behav10ur?

Survivors used to be hard to be gotten on their first hook, so, to a limited extent, camping was even justifiable; but now being hooked is something that has to happen by force at least once during your game unless you're playing immersed or the killer is playing his first game on Dead by Daylight, and thus the killers shouldn't be granted the possibility to play unfair against you in the moments when you're most vulnerable and when you can't do anything at all.

If I was to play with a Survive With Friends team, not only I would have an easier chance with some teamplay to escape the tunneling/camping, but I'd also understand why the killer would do that, because he's having a hard time too in doing anything against us and he might be inexperienced and feel the necessity to play somewhat unfair.

But now we're coming down to the point why I'm writing this post: I can't conceive dying to this unfair play style when I'm playing solo, I'm not using any "crutch" perk or addon and I'm not teasing the killer in any way at all. This just can't happen and be all normal, especially if I'm on rank 1, killers that play like scumbags shouldn't reach any rank higher than 15, and that's it.

Do you want this not to be bannable? Don't make it bannable, it's fine, but prevent it to the fullest from happening, give the killer some huge debuffs if he tries to hit the just unhooked survivor as well as giving no damage to the survivor himself, freeze him if he stands around the hook for too long, don't let this ######### happen anymore, these are just ideas:
it's the end of 2018 and if there's one toxic and lame strategy (which you bhvr guys loved to call "legitimate" and "valid") that ruined the game since its beginning and that probably caused many players to quit it from the gold time that it had in 2016, that is the killer sitting around your hook once he's done catching you with you not having half a chance to escape from that.

It's just time to either provide any valid motivation (not as valid as you claim that camping is as a strategy, since it isn't) why you wouldn't want to touch this in any direct way, or to actually abruptly apply some drastic changes to the hook context.

Now, I did vent some anger in this post since I'm really tired of dealing with this and even though I've got 1200hrs in the game I'm disabled from doing anything against it, but I really am convinced about what I said here, those are just 100% no-fun strategies, you don't want to keep them in the game, not one decent person in the community is glad of it being a thing, some just take it but nobody would disagree with it being gotten rid of.

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Vert3x said:

@Master said:
    Only if tunneling gens and camping loops is fixed / banns are handed out.

Tunneling gens and camping loops?

I think you understood me

• Vert3x

@Master said:

@Vert3x said:

@Master said:

Not really.

Not what I meant, I know right that it's currently not bannable and I'd be fine with it not being bannable.> @yeet said:

no, get good

Thought there was an age limit to join Dbd in general?

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    Vert3x said:

Tunneling and camping have always been debated but they start deserving a little more attention now that survivors got nerfed in everything and that we would be given limits even in taking a #########.

It's time to give some importance to the harsh experiences that survivors have in this game as well as it's been given to those that the killer had, and one of these is to deal with tunnelers and campers; not one good killer main needs that, many of them disagree with that play style and it's in general really unfair and unfun.

Not once you could say that it's fun to get camped or tunneled, and you don't want the game to be unfun for neither one of the sides, don't you, Behav10ur?

Survivors used to be hard to be gotten on their first hook, so, to a limited extent, camping was even justifiable; but now being hooked is something that has to happen by force at least once during your game unless you're playing immersed or the killer is playing his first game on Dead by Daylight, and thus the killers shouldn't be granted the possibility to play unfair against you in the moments when you're most vulnerable and when you can't do anything at all.

If I was to play with a Survive With Friends team, not only I would have an easier chance with some teamplay to escape the tunneling/camping, but I'd also understand why the killer would do that, because he's having a hard time too in doing anything against us and he might be inexperienced and feel the necessity to play somewhat unfair.

But now we're coming down to the point why I'm writing this post: I can't conceive dying to this unfair play style when I'm playing solo, I'm not using any "crutch" perk or addon and I'm not teasing the killer in any way at all. This just can't happen and be all normal, especially if I'm on rank 1, killers that play like scumbags shouldn't reach any rank higher than 15, and that's it.

Do you want this not to be bannable? Don't make it bannable, it's fine, but prevent it to the fullest from happening, give the killer some huge debuffs if he tries to hit the just unhooked survivor as well as giving no damage to the survivor himself, freeze him if he stands around the hook for too long, don't let this ######### happen anymore, these are just ideas:

it's the end of 2018 and if there's one toxic and lame strategy (which you bhvr guys loved to call "legitimate" and "valid") that ruined the game since its beginning and that probably caused many players to quit it from the gold time that it had in 2016, that is the killer sitting around your hook once he's done catching you with you not having half a chance to escape from that.

It's just time to either provide any valid motivation (not as valid as you claim that camping is as a strategy, since it isn't) why you wouldn't want to touch this in any direct way, or to actually abruptly apply some drastic changes to the hook context.

Now, I did vent some anger in this post since I'm really tired of dealing with this and even though I've got 1200hrs in the game I'm disabled from doing anything against it, but I really am convinced about what I said here, those are just 100% no-fun strategies, you don't want to keep them in the game, not one decent person in the community is glad of it being a thing, some just take it but nobody would disagree with it being gotten rid of.

Oh boy, another one of these "I don't like how killers play so I think they should get banned" threads.

Fix or bans doesn't mean please ban all of them immediately. I'm fine with no bans, but that needs to be removed from the game, it's been unaddressed for way too long, if you guys are serious players of this game camping is not even anything you'd really consider, so you're either new players or you're talking about something you shouldn't really care about.> @Chrona said:

In a word, no.

Camping is literally an intregal part and even an advertised strategy for this game

If that's an advised strategy, after all the ######### that the killers can do without it already (nurse/billy/huntress/spirit with more than ~150hrs played on that killer = no chance for the survivors to ever consider escaping, par example), then this game can't be taken seriously by anyone, but since there's a quite large community I'm assuming that you just invented that straight away.

As I already said, not one good player ever thinks of recurring to camping or tunneling, I don't see what you guys have to defend about it unless you're bad players yourselves.

• redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    With how often people swarm hook for a save when I'm playing killer of course I'm gonna camp ot
  • Master

@Vert3x said:

@Master said:

@Vert3x said:

@Master said:

Not really.

Not what I meant, I know right that it's currently not bannable and I'd be fine with it not being bannable.> @yeet said:

no, get good

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    Vert3x said:

Oh boy, another one of these "I don't like how killers play so I think they should get banned" threads.

Fix or bans doesn't mean please ban all of them immediately. I'm fine with no bans, but that needs to be removed from the game, it's been unaddressed for way too long, if you guys are serious players of this game camping is not even anything you'd really consider, so you're either new players or you're talking about something you shouldn't really care about.> @Chrona said:

In a word, no.

Camping is literally an intregal part and even an advertised strategy for this game

If that's an advised strategy, after all the ######### that the killers can do without it already (nurse/billy/huntress/spirit with more than ~150hrs played on that killer = no chance for the survivors to ever consider escaping, par example), then this game can't be taken seriously by anyone, but since there's a quite large community I'm assuming that you just invented that straight away.

As I already said, not one good player ever thinks of recurring to camping or tunneling, I don't see what you guys have to defend about it unless you're bad players yourselves.

No good player will try to camp because it simply is a stupid tactic. Survivors with any brain will just do the gens while you are afk in front of the hook and leave. Comitting to camping will simply make you lose the game against competent survivors.

Tunneling is just common sense, just like you go back to the gen you already repaired to 60% instead of strating a new one

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874

@Vert3x said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS3DvvOQI04&t=41s
    Skip to 41 second
    The game director as been promoting camping since day one
    He also camped in a majority of the game that he streamed back when he occasionaly streamed
    Welcome to the real world where have you been?

• dontTouchMyGens
    dontTouchMyGens Member Posts: 35
    How would you define tunneling? If I get an unhook notification and happen to run into the guy who just got unhooked when checking it out, he goes back to the hook. If I see both the rescued guy and the one who rescued him, it depends. When I’m struggling in the match, I will probably go after the guy I hooked before. Taking one survivor out of the game massively increases my chances of winning. In general, I will not actively look for one specific guy, but I certainly will not spare him if I run into him. 
  • redsopine1
    @not_queen can you shead some light or help stop this thread from becoming a pointless argument against somone that wants a dev backed tactic gone
  • DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Not condoning it, but how do you limit tunneling in any form without affecting every other aspect of the game? Most of the time switching targets is not ideal, especially for those killers whom have less skill. If you have multiple survivors evading well, ofcourse focus goes to the weak link. How do you stop this without creating an opportunity to abuse the new safety? I agree its not fun, but I also don't want to take a killer's choice of play from them.
  • Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

You probably can't even notice how foolish those ideas of yours sound. You are trying to punish killers for using intended features.
    How would you like getting downed for working on gen for more then 10s without taking 30s break to prevent you from gen rushing which is considered to be toxic. You probably wouldn't like it right.
    Learn to live with camping and tunneling since they can only be discouraged which I agree with but you can't ever force people to not do them since they are part of the game as any toxic or annoying behaviour survivors can do legitimately.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

Well right now with gen rush still being this effective especially tunneling is like the most viable strategy against an incredibly good survivor team that can rush through generators very fast, and especially with some low tier killers the only way to have any chance to win against an almost perfect survivor team. Punishing those players with dc is just not fair at all.
    There's not much they can do against it now. I agree though that both of these strategies are not good and very frustrating for survivors. If they ever nerf gen rush, than by all means nerfing camping and tunneling would be a must. I hate both of those strategies, but even then sometimes there is little else I can do as a killer than tunnel.

Just also don't confuse camping with hook patrolling, which killers often need to do if they suspect a survivor near the hook.

• Chrona
    Chrona Member Posts: 245
    @vert3x first of all, "tunnelling" is a good strategy, end of story.  Is it fun for the survivor?  No, but neither is descisive strike, flashlights, totems getting broken seconds into the match fun for the killer. 

And I said advertised, not advised.  Secondly, if it was something the devs didnt want us to do ever, period, insidious, hook interupt grabs, etc, wouldn't be a thing.  And yeah, if I'm playing against good survivors, or a 4 man swf, I'll hard camp.  For one, why not?  For two, they more often than not flock to the hook.  I can usually get at least one in exchange for them getting tthat one off the hook.
  • redsopine1
    Seriously I was pointing out the only times I camp is when they swarm the hook shesh I have days worth of live broadcasts (plus3 Friday the 13th that for some reason says dbd) where I leave the hook to chase other's I only camp because I see people right next to my hook or marks after I make a hook and sure I tunnel but I tunnel the asholes that teabag every chance they get or dont play the game and just follow me for flashlight blinds or saves or a cheap pallet stun that had no reason to be used there the ones I boot from the game with hard camps and tunnelling if your just here to be a ass and not help people you are going to go out the game otherwise your respectful so am I heck even if I bring a ebony into a match I only use it if there being jerks otherwise it's hook and repeat
  • se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@Dragonredking said:

@Vert3x said:

Skip to 41 second
    He also camped in a majority of the game that he streamed back when he occasionaly streamed

Our boy Mathieu knows his #########. He favorite tactic was Insidious Trapper with traps in front of the hook (when it was possible).

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

@Vert3x said:
    Give the killer some huge debuffs if he tries to hit the just unhooked survivor as well as giving no damage to the survivor himself, freeze him if he stands around the hook for too long, don't let this ######### happen anymore, these are just ideas:

First of all, give the killer a debuff for striking a survivor? Yeah, that'll happen right after the survivors all recieve a movement and interaction speed penalty for each generator completed (that stacks). It is the killer's duty to kill. Punishing the killer for hitting a survivor, regardless of the time of that hit is foolish and ill-advised.

Now as much as I disapproved of your initial suggestion of a debuff for the killer. I suppose I could tolerate such a mechanic as long as the survivor took the damage. However, you suggest that on top of the killer being punished for hitting a survivor, you want the the attack to do no damage? This suggestion is immensely immature and belittes yourself and survivor mains everywhere. The developers have already implemented in a mechanic to grant survivors immunity to damage during the unhooking process. This mechanic has been known to bug out which ultimately results in your proposal already. Survivors are granted numerous tools to escape the hook. Kindred can provide your allies with better information with which to plan a rescue. Sprint Burst will trigger the minute you start running after being unhooked granting you a headstart. Borrowed Time and Dead Hard can buy you extra time to escape if used well. You already have so many assets to help you escape the hook and yet you have the audacity to ask for more? I'm sorely dissapointed in you @Vert3x. The killer is a player too and your complete disregard for them shows me how little you truly care about this game's issues. I strongly encourage you to get better at the game or get out of this community. Now then, let's continue.

Your proposal to stun the killer for defending their objective is simply absurd. Not all camping is planned and deliberate. Several individuals only camp when your fellow survivors show up immediately after they hook you. To punish the killer then for remaining to defend the hook they had to earn through a chase is madness. If killers are to be stunned for defending a hook then by all means let's freeze survivors who stay near the same generator for 30 seconds in place.

You end your statement with "don't let this ######### happen anymore". This tells me that you want to see real change. Let me help you with that. While some killers camp because they are new ("inexperienced") or as a response to overly altruistic survivors, some killers are merely trolls who camp to get a reaction. So to stop camping all you have to do are these simple things:

• Make the killer have to work extra hard to get you on a hook, buy your allies time
    • If the killer is nearby, signal your allies with the 99% struggle bar wave
    • Stay on the hook to buy your allies more time to get out.
    • If you aren't hooked and see the wave, rush generators.
    • Most importantly, stop whining and just accept it. As I stated above, some camp just for a reaction, and posts like this are a reaction. If nobody cares about camping and we all effectively counter it the strategy becomes undesirable and will no longer be used.
  • Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    edited October 2018
    Can we get the doctor picture in here. Someone doesn't understand rule one of playing online games
  • MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@yeet said:
    no, get good

My apologies good sir but I believe what you meant to say was "Git Gud!"

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869
    Vert3x said:

@redsopine1 said:
    With how often people swarm hook for a save when I'm playing killer of course I'm gonna camp ot

Ok, now go look at ZubatLEL, ScottJund, Marth88, Tru3Tal3nt, and any decent killer out there, and tell me how much you see them recurring to that even in hard situations. Playing killer is currently a joke compared to playing survivor, which is lost games over lost games because of how much you rely on your team which often will kill you just because they didn't play perfectly (which I'd personally not really expect them to do, I'd have something to say if they play bad or stupidly, but if they don't all play perfectly we shouldn't die).

Whether you like hearing this or not, I'm playing rank 1 both as survivor and as killer, and I win most of my killer games without even needing ruin whereas I lose most of them as survivor, does this look like a game where the killers struggle so much that they deserve to have these strategies as an option? The streamers that I mentioned earlier didn't ever camp not even back in the days when the game was survivor sided, they just camped in their first year 2016/beginning of 2017 in the game because they were inexperienced, but after a while you realize that it's a lot more challenging to play differently, if you're a good player and not a trashcan at the game of course.

@Master said:

@Vert3x said:

@Master said:

@Vert3x said:

@Master said:

Not really.

no, get good

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    Vert3x said:

In a word, no.

No good player will try to camp because it simply is a stupid tactic. Survivors with any brain will just do the gens while you are afk in front of the hook and leave. Comitting to camping will simply make you lose the game against competent survivors.

Tunneling is just common sense, just like you go back to the gen you already repaired to 60% instead of strating a new one

Nah, camping gives you too much in most situations, people were just bored of getting free kills without deserving them after a while, I'm assuming.
    And also, I'd rather examining the point of view of a camped survivor rather than the killers', if I get hardcamped and they get the gens done quickly, I honestly couldn't care any less, I just wanted my chance to play the game that I've been in, because otherwise I could just do something else in my life rather than wasting my time in front of a scum player.
    Also about tunneling, I win most of my killer games by letting the freshly unhooked survivors go even if they're in front of me, and that just makes the game more fun for both of us and more challenging for me. I wouldn't really compare that to the gens.> @Dragonredking said:

@Vert3x said:

Skip to 41 second

I know perfectly that the devs have been approving these strategies since the beginning, and I mentioned that a couple of times in my post, claiming that it's time for it to no longer by any valid because of the changes that the game received.
    Welcome to my post, what have you read before commenting?

@dontTouchMyGens said:
    How would you define tunneling? If I get an unhook notification and happen to run into the guy who just got unhooked when checking it out, he goes back to the hook. If I see both the rescued guy and the one who rescued him, it depends. When I’m struggling in the match, I will probably go after the guy I hooked before. Taking one survivor out of the game massively increases my chances of winning. In general, I will not actively look for one specific guy, but I certainly will not spare him if I run into him. 

I do that as well, if I was far away from the hook and the rescuer hides it's his fault, I can't just leave the unhooked guy if he's the only guy that I have in front of me, one thing is not tunneling and giving chances and another is cooperating with the survivors. Nice points tho> @EntityDispleased said:

Camping is the only thing I really dislike at the moment but tunneling is the only way killers can control the match and not get genrushed to #########. Until the devs finally extend the objectives/have survivors work a lot longer to escape, tunneling will still be a thing. I also think the pallet changes were a bit way too much since with the right build you can wipe out half the pallets on the map before your ruin even gets destroyed and it's tilting for survivors and quite boring for killers imo.

Nice point on the pallets, about tunneling because of genrush, I usually slug at most, but I often turn out to just apply enough map pressure by just hooking the survivors quite frequently. Nice that someone doesn't come here yelling at me and that is an actual reasonable person, even if you agree with the argued play styles.

@redsopine1 said:
    @not_queen can you shead some light or help stop this thread from becoming a pointless argument against somone that wants a dev backed tactic gone

Dude we're in 2018, that just needs to be addressed, if you're one of those campers that never lost the habit since 2016, it's time to lose it. The survivors got nerfed to their core, you can't still have these strategies available as killer. The game changed, did you notice that 1.0.0 turning into a 2.3.2 while starting your game and the last number in the date in the bottom right corner turning into 2018 from 2016?

@DemonDaddy said:
    Not condoning it, but how do you limit tunneling in any form without affecting every other aspect of the game? Most of the time switching targets is not ideal, especially for those killers whom have less skill. If you have multiple survivors evading well, ofcourse focus goes to the weak link. How do you stop this without creating an opportunity to abuse the new safety? I agree its not fun, but I also don't want to take a killer's choice of play from them.

Ah killers have plenty of chances, I'd say that an intense level of tunneling would deserve being addressed, if you focus on a survivor whenever he gets freed but he always has his chance to hold a chase against you, then that could be fine. Maybe they could give a decent timer to the negative buffs affecting the killer in case he attacks the freshly unhooked survivor, so that after a while, even if he kept on chasing him, he shouldn't really get anything bad from catching them.

@Kebek said:
    You probably can't even notice how foolish those ideas of yours sound. You are trying to punish killers for using intended features.
    How would you like getting downed for working on gen for more then 10s without taking 30s break to prevent you from gen rushing which is considered to be toxic. You probably wouldn't like it right.
    Learn to live with camping and tunneling since they can only be discouraged which I agree with but you can't ever force people to not do them since they are part of the game as any toxic or annoying behaviour survivors can do legitimately.

That's where you're wrong, survivors could be toxic and annoying, but that really is just exposing them more than they already are since the latest updates of the game, the killer can just easily catch the survivors by force, there's nothing survivors can do, winning a chase as survivor is only possible if the killer decides to leave him because he feels like he's wasting time. And for you too, intended features are not always balanced, even instablind flashlights and instagenning brand new parts were intended features, those weren't bugs, but devs had to address them because of their lack of balancing in the game.> @ad19970 said:

Well right now with gen rush still being this effective especially tunneling is like the most viable strategy against an incredibly good survivor team that can rush through generators very fast, and especially with some low tier killers the only way to have any chance to win against an almost perfect survivor team. Punishing those players with dc is just not fair at all.
    There's not much they can do against it now. I agree though that both of these strategies are not good and very frustrating for survivors. If they ever nerf gen rush, than by all means nerfing camping and tunneling would be a must. I hate both of those strategies, but even then sometimes there is little else I can do as a killer than tunnel.

Just also don't confuse camping with hook patrolling, which killers often need to do if they suspect a survivor near the hook.

Yeah, another guy said the same, I personally don't really find it hard, but tunneling because of the genrush is more acceptable than the close minded thoughts that some other users are having in here.> @Just_Meh said:

Camping is a viable strategy. 

Tunneling is a smart strategy. 

Going after injured players is smart. 

Let's first fix what's broken. 

You just listed yourself what is broken, so let's fix it, yeah.> @Chrona said:

@vert3x first of all, "tunnelling" is a good strategy, end of story.  Is it fun for the survivor?  No, but neither is descisive strike, flashlights, totems getting broken seconds into the match fun for the killer. 

And I said advertised, not advised.  Secondly, if it was something the devs didnt want us to do ever, period, insidious, hook interupt grabs, etc, wouldn't be a thing.  And yeah, if I'm playing against good survivors, or a 4 man swf, I'll hard camp.  For one, why not?  For two, they more often than not flock to the hook.  I can usually get at least one in exchange for them getting tthat one off the hook.

Yeah if you have to mention flashlights among the frustrating things after the changes they received in the past summer which made flashlight saving occasional, then I'd assume your playtime is averagely 100hrs.
    About the second part, again, devs used to want instablinds and instagens on the bnps as well, yet they got removed/made useless because of how broken they were, and the same should happen to this.

So, you throw like, 4 popular killer streamers out yhere, just tell everyone play like them,  amd expect us to take you serious, but when killers used Marth88's experiment to display how weak killers were to SWF, it's invalid, for so many reasons, including "No one really plays like thay, Marth and his crew are exceptionally good, they are the exception!" 

I'm just saying, that double standards feom where I'm standing. And regardless of you being bad at survivor, there are plenty of survivors who haven't made a peep about most of the changes. Plenty with much more tham 1200 hours. This is what happens when the easy side is no longer easy. I mean come on man, you act like there arent Survivor streamers out there still killing it.  Go look up Jendenise if you need.
  • iceman2kx
    iceman2kx Member Posts: 462

In other words, "I lost and didn't have fun, so nerf the enemy because I said so". You have complete disregard for the opposing side, in other words you're clearly biased towards the side you play on. I get it your salty and irritated, but no one will take you seriously with this type of mentality, ever. I can tell right now from your post that you are the toxic survivor in end game chat that always QQs at the killer for something.

What exactly is your goal here? To have a killer just walk around and never get a kill? To have the killer occasional be a heartbeat in your trial and walk around while you hold M1? Is that what will make you happy? If you want to make the rules, go play killer, it's that simple. This is just constructive criticism for you: when you come up with these type of irrational arguments or mindset, it's time to take a break from the game. Go play a console game and put cheat codes in or something to chill out for a bit.

• AgentTalon
    AgentTalon Member Posts: 331

@Aari_Piggy66 said:
    Can we get the doctor picture in here. Someone doesn't understand rule one of playing online games

• Vert3x

@twistedmonkey said:
    Camping and tunnelling may feel annoying if its happening to you but its part of the game that everyone has to accept it, its a PVP game and people will use whatever helps them to gain an advantage and win.

Yes things change but to overly punish camping and tunnelling does not make any sense, to get players to stop it means you have to change their mindset, you cannot punish someone for using a viable strategy which makes perfect sense to do at times, why do you think someone should not go after the weakest survivor if they see one at full health and one injured? they have introduced some perks to persuade those to go after another and also leave the hook but this only works if they use those perks.

The punishment is already in the game by way of the survivors doing gens and getting out, this lead to all the gen rush complaints starting as the strategy isnt as viable all the time, the problem is the gens speed helps against camping but it also makes it worse for those who dont, it then means tunnelling and camping are the best way to secure the game goes slower, taking someone out quickly makes the most sense.

The only thing the devs can do to try and help right now is to make it worthwhile for the killer to leave or go after another person, they have been trying this but with how quick the game can potentially be finished both of these strategies will have a firm place in the game until it has changed, even if they do make major changes some will still go after the injured person as it makes perfect sense to do so.

What we have to remember when playing survivor is the killer is not our friend, they are not there to make the game fun for us, they are there to kill us by any means.

I'm not expecting the killers to not recur to it, the most I can do with them is calling them the worst killers of dbd, but I'd expect the devs to do something in order for this not to happen. > @redsopine1 said:

Seriously I was pointing out the only times I camp is when they swarm the hook shesh I have days worth of live broadcasts (plus3 Friday the 13th that for some reason says dbd) where I leave the hook to chase other's I only camp because I see people right next to my hook or marks after I make a hook and sure I tunnel but I tunnel the asholes that teabag every chance they get or dont play the game and just follow me for flashlight blinds or saves or a cheap pallet stun that had no reason to be used there the ones I boot from the game with hard camps and tunnelling if your just here to be a ass and not help people you are going to go out the game otherwise your respectful so am I heck even if I bring a ebony into a match I only use it if there being jerks otherwise it's hook and repeat

That's not camping dude, that's hook patrolling and it's legitimate especially if you know that someone's about to swarm the hook. You do want to keep your map pressure with that hook.> @se05239 said:

@Dragonredking said:

@Vert3x said:

Skip to 41 second

Our boy Mathieu knows his #########. He favorite tactic was Insidious Trapper with traps in front of the hook (when it was possible).

Yup, indeed he was known for his sentence "Play something else", his experience in DbD is not to be mentioned.

@Peasant said:

@Vert3x said:
    Give the killer some huge debuffs if he tries to hit the just unhooked survivor as well as giving no damage to the survivor himself, freeze him if he stands around the hook for too long, don't let this ######### happen anymore, these are just ideas:

First of all, give the killer a debuff for striking a survivor? Yeah, that'll happen right after the survivors all recieve a movement and interaction speed penalty for each generator completed (that stacks). It is the killer's duty to kill. Punishing the killer for hitting a survivor, regardless of the time of that hit is foolish and ill-advised.

Now as much as I disapproved of your initial suggestion of a debuff for the killer. I suppose I could tolerate such a mechanic as long as the survivor took the damage. However, you suggest that on top of the killer being punished for hitting a survivor, you want the the attack to do no damage? This suggestion is immensely immature and belittes yourself and survivor mains everywhere. The developers have already implemented in a mechanic to grant survivors immunity to damage during the unhooking process. This mechanic has been known to bug out which ultimately results in your proposal already. Survivors are granted numerous tools to escape the hook. Kindred can provide your allies with better information with which to plan a rescue. Sprint Burst will trigger the minute you start running after being unhooked granting you a headstart. Borrowed Time and Dead Hard can buy you extra time to escape if used well. You already have so many assets to help you escape the hook and yet you have the audacity to ask for more? I'm sorely dissapointed in you @Vert3x. The killer is a player too and your complete disregard for them shows me how little you truly care about this game's issues. I strongly encourage you to get better at the game or get out of this community. Now then, let's continue.

Your proposal to stun the killer for defending their objective is simply absurd. Not all camping is planned and deliberate. Several individuals only camp when your fellow survivors show up immediately after they hook you. To punish the killer then for remaining to defend the hook they had to earn through a chase is madness. If killers are to be stunned for defending a hook then by all means let's freeze survivors who stay near the same generator for 30 seconds in place.

You end your statement with "don't let this ######### happen anymore". This tells me that you want to see real change. Let me help you with that. While some killers camp because they are new ("inexperienced") or as a response to overly altruistic survivors, some killers are merely trolls who camp to get a reaction. So to stop camping all you have to do are these simple things:

• Make the killer have to work extra hard to get you on a hook, buy your allies time
    • If the killer is nearby, signal your allies with the 99% struggle bar wave
    • Stay on the hook to buy your allies more time to get out.
    • If you aren't hooked and see the wave, rush generators.
    • Most importantly, stop whining and just accept it. As I stated above, some camp just for a reaction, and posts like this are a reaction. If nobody cares about camping and we all effectively counter it the strategy becomes undesirable and will no longer be used.

I don't know what to tell you dude, you're defending the ######### out of a broken strategy. And don't come telling me that it's supposed to be in the game, because the people that forced that strategy in the game is the bhvr guys, those same guys who made the killer experience complete garbage for the whole year of 2017 and those same guys that are keeping DS overpowered as is just like it was golden. It is not something to solve through the community or by not caring about those games where you get camped, it's something that just shouldn't happen, if you really like comparing it to the generators, it's like letting the survivors stick on the generators without the killer being able to hit them or grab them off the gen, just sitting on it and gaining progress, no matter if in the end they'll only earn Objective bloodpoints and will probably lose a pip, because they'll still ruin the game of the killer.

I know that my ideas are out of context for the general concept of the killer, but that just needs a better addressing, and punishment looked the best to me, even though you're punishing something that the killer is by standard supposed to do. They've been trying to softly discourage it in long periods of time (as already mentioned) with perks and emblems, but that was partially successful, and something that directly ruins the game experience for anyone, whether it's the killer or the survivors, should be out of here in general.

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

we are defending a tactic in game, i dont use it, but as survivor it makes it easier to let the others survive

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

@Vert3x said:

I don't know what to tell you dude, you're defending the ######### out of a broken strategy. And don't come telling me that it's supposed to be in the game, because the people that forced that strategy in the game is the bhvr guys, those same guys who made the killer experience complete garbage for the whole year of 2017 and those same guys that are keeping DS overpowered as is just like it was golden. It is not something to solve through the community or by not caring about those games where you get camped, it's something that just shouldn't happen, if you really like comparing it to the generators, it's like letting the survivors stick on the generators without the killer being able to hit them or grab them off the gen, just sitting on it and gaining progress, no matter if in the end they'll only earn Objective bloodpoints and will probably lose a pip, because they'll still ruin the game of the killer.

I know that my ideas are out of context for the general concept of the killer, but that just needs a better addressing, and punishment looked the best to me, even though you're punishing something that the killer is by standard supposed to do. They've been trying to softly discourage it in long periods of time (as already mentioned) with perks and emblems, but that was partially successful, and something that directly ruins the game experience for anyone, whether it's the killer or the survivors, should be out of here in general.

Your gross ignorance wounds me deeply. Camping isn't broken in any way, shape, or form. Is it mildly frustrating? Yes. However, it is so easily countered that the changes you are suggesting are simply idiotic simply because they're overkill. Before I go I'd just like you to know that BHVR has not encouraged camping in a LONG time. Sure, the devs will defend the strategy to the last, but they don't encourage it. The only folks that encourage camping nowadays are Sony of all people: ", Grab a weakened survivor, stick them on a hook and then…hide nearby. Wait. Would-be rescuers will be distracted long enough for you to launch an attack." (https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2018/08/10/survive-ps-plus-headliner-dead-by-daylight-as-hunter-or-hunted-with-these-top-tips/)

• Vert3x

@Dr_doom_j2 said:
    Vert3x said:

@redsopine1 said:

Ok, now go look at ZubatLEL, ScottJund, Marth88, Tru3Tal3nt, and any decent killer out there, and tell me how much you see them recurring to that even in hard situations. Playing killer is currently a joke compared to playing survivor, which is lost games over lost games because of how much you rely on your team which often will kill you just because they didn't play perfectly (which I'd personally not really expect them to do, I'd have something to say if they play bad or stupidly, but if they don't all play perfectly we shouldn't die).

Whether you like hearing this or not, I'm playing rank 1 both as survivor and as killer, and I win most of my killer games without even needing ruin whereas I lose most of them as survivor, does this look like a game where the killers struggle so much that they deserve to have these strategies as an option? The streamers that I mentioned earlier didn't ever camp not even back in the days when the game was survivor sided, they just camped in their first year 2016/beginning of 2017 in the game because they were inexperienced, but after a while you realize that it's a lot more challenging to play differently, if you're a good player and not a trashcan at the game of course.

@Master said:

@Vert3x said:

@Master said:

@Vert3x said:

@Master said:

Not really.

@ChesterTheMolester said:

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/19450/game-rules-and-report-system#latest

no, get good

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:

Vert3x said:

In a word, no.

Nah, camping gives you too much in most situations, people were just bored of getting free kills without deserving them after a while, I'm assuming.

And also, I'd rather examining the point of view of a camped survivor rather than the killers', if I get hardcamped and they get the gens done quickly, I honestly couldn't care any less, I just wanted my chance to play the game that I've been in, because otherwise I could just do something else in my life rather than wasting my time in front of a scum player.

Also about tunneling, I win most of my killer games by letting the freshly unhooked survivors go even if they're in front of me, and that just makes the game more fun for both of us and more challenging for me. I wouldn't really compare that to the gens.> @Dragonredking said:

@Vert3x said:

Skip to 41 second

I know perfectly that the devs have been approving these strategies since the beginning, and I mentioned that a couple of times in my post, claiming that it's time for it to no longer by any valid because of the changes that the game received.

@dontTouchMyGens said:

I do that as well, if I was far away from the hook and the rescuer hides it's his fault, I can't just leave the unhooked guy if he's the only guy that I have in front of me, one thing is not tunneling and giving chances and another is cooperating with the survivors. Nice points tho> @EntityDispleased said:

Camping is the only thing I really dislike at the moment but tunneling is the only way killers can control the match and not get genrushed to #########. Until the devs finally extend the objectives/have survivors work a lot longer to escape, tunneling will still be a thing. I also think the pallet changes were a bit way too much since with the right build you can wipe out half the pallets on the map before your ruin even gets destroyed and it's tilting for survivors and quite boring for killers imo.

Nice point on the pallets, about tunneling because of genrush, I usually slug at most, but I often turn out to just apply enough map pressure by just hooking the survivors quite frequently. Nice that someone doesn't come here yelling at me and that is an actual reasonable person, even if you agree with the argued play styles.

@redsopine1 said:

Dude we're in 2018, that just needs to be addressed, if you're one of those campers that never lost the habit since 2016, it's time to lose it. The survivors got nerfed to their core, you can't still have these strategies available as killer. The game changed, did you notice that 1.0.0 turning into a 2.3.2 while starting your game and the last number in the date in the bottom right corner turning into 2018 from 2016?

@DemonDaddy said:

Ah killers have plenty of chances, I'd say that an intense level of tunneling would deserve being addressed, if you focus on a survivor whenever he gets freed but he always has his chance to hold a chase against you, then that could be fine. Maybe they could give a decent timer to the negative buffs affecting the killer in case he attacks the freshly unhooked survivor, so that after a while, even if he kept on chasing him, he shouldn't really get anything bad from catching them.

@Kebek said:

That's where you're wrong, survivors could be toxic and annoying, but that really is just exposing them more than they already are since the latest updates of the game, the killer can just easily catch the survivors by force, there's nothing survivors can do, winning a chase as survivor is only possible if the killer decides to leave him because he feels like he's wasting time. And for you too, intended features are not always balanced, even instablind flashlights and instagenning brand new parts were intended features, those weren't bugs, but devs had to address them because of their lack of balancing in the game.> @ad19970 said:

Yeah, another guy said the same, I personally don't really find it hard, but tunneling because of the genrush is more acceptable than the close minded thoughts that some other users are having in here.> @Just_Meh said:

Yeah if you have to mention flashlights among the frustrating things after the changes they received in the past summer which made flashlight saving occasional, then I'd assume your playtime is averagely 100hrs.

About the second part, again, devs used to want instablinds and instagens on the bnps as well, yet they got removed/made useless because of how broken they were, and the same should happen to this.

So, you throw like, 4 popular killer streamers out yhere, just tell everyone play like them,  amd expect us to take you serious, but when killers used Marth88's experiment to display how weak killers were to SWF, it's invalid, for so many reasons, including "No one really plays like thay, Marth and his crew are exceptionally good, they are the exception!" 

I'm just saying, that double standards feom where I'm standing. And regardless of you being bad at survivor, there are plenty of survivors who haven't made a peep about most of the changes. Plenty with much more tham 1200 hours. This is what happens when the easy side is no longer easy. I mean come on man, you act like there arent Survivor streamers out there still killing it.  Go look up Jendenise if you need.

Yeah go look up a 4 man premade player that uses DS and instaheals in most of her games, that's the way you go.
    This game is rotten, and one of the reasons why it is is this toxic community. Keep on saying "get good" and "you're bad at the game" while you're playing the easy role and people just come at you saying that they aren't enjoying their gameplay, then once balancing will kick in (cause if it won't the game will die) expect us to say the same to you guys who will struggle to barely get a kill per game because you likely didn't develop any skill but the capability of pressing S and walking backwards to hide your red stain.

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    For ######### sake why do i get so many notifications for this shitshow of a stupid thread i didn't even subscribe to it.
  • Master

For [BAD WORD] sake why do i get so many notifications for this shitshow of a stupid thread i didn't even subscribe to it.

Look at the comment above, you are somwhere included in there, I am too apparently

• redsopine1
    I commented once and just get triple spammed for it
  • I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869
    Vert3x said:h

@Dr_doom_j2 said:
    Vert3x said:

@redsopine1 said:

@Master said:

@Vert3x said:

@Master said:

@Vert3x said:

@Master said:

Not really.

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/19450/game-rules-and-report-system#latest

no, get good

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:

Vert3x said:

In a word, no.

@Vert3x said:

Skip to 41 second

@dontTouchMyGens said:

@redsopine1 said:

@DemonDaddy said:

@Kebek said:

Yeah go look up a 4 man premade player that uses DS and instaheals in most of her games, that's the way you go.
    This game is rotten, and one of the reasons why it is is this toxic community. Keep on saying "get good" and "you're bad at the game" while you're playing the easy role and people just come at you saying that they aren't enjoying their gameplay, then once balancing will kick in (cause if it won't the game will die) expect us to say the same to you guys who will struggle to barely get a kill per game because you likely didn't develop any skill but the capability of pressing S and walking backwards to hide your red stain.

Lol you must have gotten all those 1200 hours in 5 months or something. How lacking in self awarness must you be? 

I was playing when BT was still powerful, I've been playing since before Freddy was neefed because survivors complained before he even left PTB, I remember when killers couldn't do much about spots on certain maps and infinites still existed. I'm tried and tested in this already lol, nothing you can say can change that.  But I'm on ps4 as well, if you want to show me how good you are with killer and survivor, just add me, my gamertag is my name here.
  • Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    edited October 2018

@Aari_Piggy66 said:

You're amazing Talon

There you go @Vert3x the solution to your problem

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

Only if you will do every gen to 99%, and then move to another, hypocrite.

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    edited October 2018
    Camping? Be stealthy, and hide. Try not to leave scratches everywhere. Your odds of being caught diminish.

Tunneling? Run, and hide. Break line of sight  diminish bloodlust, stop running, hide and sneak away.

Killers have poor vision, and iirc only wraith and pig can use powerful addons to aura read consistently. 
  • Sandman1053
    Sandman1053 Member Posts: 16
    Is camping and tunneling broken? Is it ACTUALLY a strategy. Yes it is and no it isn't. I am a prior enlisted Marine, and I know a thing or 2 about strategies. Putting someone on a hook and standing over them instead of going out and hunting down survivors is NOT a strategy but pure laziness and nothing more. It is causing many people to either log out and even uninstall. This is a MATURE rated game and should be played that way instead of playing like 5yr olds and calling it strategy. Camping and tunneling should, in my opinion, be a reportable offence as it is killing the game for many people. The more people get frustrated with this the more people will leave making the game die itself. That is something NO ONE should be fighting for. If people would grow up and use ACTUAL tactics to FIND survivors, the game would be more enjoyable for ALL.
  • KatFever78
    KatFever78 Member Posts: 26
    Is camping and tunneling broken? Is it ACTUALLY a strategy. Yes it is and no it isn't. I am a prior enlisted Marine, and I know a thing or 2 about strategies. Putting someone on a hook and standing over them instead of going out and hunting down survivors is NOT a strategy but pure laziness and nothing more. It is causing many people to either log out and even uninstall. This is a MATURE rated game and should be played that way instead of playing like 5yr olds and calling it strategy. Camping and tunneling should, in my opinion, be a reportable offence as it is killing the game for many people. The more people get frustrated with this the more people will leave making the game die itself. That is something NO ONE should be fighting for. If people would grow up and use ACTUAL tactics to FIND survivors, the game would be more enjoyable for ALL.
    Completely agree. 
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Now apply this same logic to gens.
  • douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316
    This post is absolutely hilarious, camping ain't gonna be stopped because killers are still tonnes weaker than survivors. All you survivor mains want is an easy game an easy kill as far as you care killers aren't allowed to win. Tunneling isnt as easy as it sounds, but us killers mains tunnel because usually you survivor mains are so toxic that we are lucky to catch any if you with your pallet loops and pallet slams. If a killer had the choice between a survivor with one hook left and survivor with 3 hooks left I think they would go for the one hook person . Camping solves all the overaltruistic survivors who go to the hook like flies to s*** as soon as the killer hooks them. Camping for example I have devour hope on my Freddy which relieves my need to camp but as soon as a clever survivor takes down my devour hope it leaves me no choice but to camp because I have no chance of getting more than one kill sometimes not even that. If you are that bothered about tunneling and camping then don't get caught  or don't play the game. Killer mains aren't about to give you survivor mains an easy win, you annoy us lot with decisive Strike as it is just because you are scared you might get caught.

Killer mains back this post up.
  • douggie123
    The way some of you survivor mains talk you want us killer mains to enter a match and just stand there and let you do what you like it's not gonna happen.
  • douggie123
    Camping? Be stealthy, and hide. Try not to leave scratches everywhere. Your odds of being caught diminish.

Tunneling? Run, and hide. Break line of sight  diminish bloodlust, stop running, hide and sneak away.

Killers have poor vision, and iirc only wraith and pig can use powerful addons to aura read consistently. 
    Backing this up if a killer hooks a survivor and sees another survivors scratch marks or if they see another survivor stood behind a tree or something they ain't gonna leave.
  • Sandman1053
    Tsulan said:
    Now apply this same logic to gens.
    You're comparing apples to oranges. Gens are a MUST in the game. Camping and tunneling is a CHOICE. There is no applying gen logic (a must) to camping/tunneling (a choice). But I understand that those like you won't be happy until enough survivors quit playing to the point that DBD is itself dead.
  • Sandman1053
    And no, we don't want easy wins. That is boring. There are plenty of killer mains who don't camp or tunnel and still win matches. What we DO want are fun, intense, FAIR matches. If you can't win without camping/tunneling, I suggest KyF and getting some practice PLAYING the game.
  • My_Dude
    My_Dude Member Posts: 132

I got this.