What does everyone think of the Midnight Grove event?

2»

Comments

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

BHVR decided to focus on nothing but the Anniversary and Halloween events, and if the Anniversary event was any indication of what the Halloween event is going to be like, than expect to be very disappointed.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,702

I think the event is great, I’m just annoyed that i’ve been dealing with infinite loading screens.

• herpderp00
    herpderp00 Member Posts: 14

This event has been boring and utterly disappointing + lacking in atmosphere. If you load into a map you can barely tell that an event is going on, unless you knew already. Like wow roots around the gen and hook and a few pumpkins scattered(that you need to look hard to even see). Extremely lazy. For a horror game I expect Halloween to be a significant event, but you can barely feel like an event is going on. Even the tome is copy pasted and if you don't already own Mikaela then its useless too.

The event 'seed' drop-rates are atrocious too. I spent 700k bps and got like 6 seeds. And even if you offered the seeds the resulting bp gain is so low that we cant even notice it. I would get more if I offered a generic cake.

All in all I give this event a 0/10.

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882

I'm there with you, but those damn petal offerings are so damn rare in the bloodweb for survivor. I have no issue with them appearing on killer, but my god the drop rate for survivor is non-existent for me sometimes.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

Wait they are calling it an event?

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,064

The event tome and its rewards are great, but the impact on the gameplay itself is negligible. Sometimes I find a pumpkin where I expect to find a totem, and that's cute, but they're useless for anything but BP (because it's not like you have the time to smash them during a chase, which is the only time that brief flash of Hindered or Haste matters.) I'm also not a fan of how the generators and hooks are handled; I don't see why they can't all be event versions and why survivors have to be on a gen when it finishes to get the points - survivors work as a team and it's pretty common to do 80% of a gen, leave for some pressing reason, and have someone fill in and finish it for you.

I long for the days where events introduced new aspects to the gameplay itself. Was kind of hoping that's where the 'we're going to focus more on these two events' thing was headed.

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197

Tome is pretty cool.

Offerings are terrible and aren't really worth it (esp on survivor). All hooks and gens should be event ones and if you're alive while a gen gets done you should get points too...

Pumpkins are alright too I guess

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951
    edited October 2021

The 2021 event should've been compelling and exciting, something new and fresh. The devs promised to focus on two events each year, but this was yet another lackluster event. 2020 was equally mediocre, and I expected 2021 to blow us away because of the development time. Other non-horror games have better Halloween events. Halloween in DBD should feel like THE pinnacle event of the year, the one you can't miss out on, but instead, we get a recycled event that mimics the 2019 and 2018 versions with a Tome. Between these lackluster events and the lack of maps, Realm Beyond is MIA; the new or fresh content levels are disappointing.

• DieGräfin
    DieGräfin Member Posts: 227

This event is in my eyes nonsense. Why not a pumpkin offering with 100% more blood points for every player. Possible to stack too. Like 500% if everyone offer this.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

For me 3/10, when they said they worked hard for this I thought they meant it but the only different thing is the extra halloween archive and a pumpkin.

• FreshCoal
    FreshCoal Member Posts: 174

I cant even play because of the infinite loading screens

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,900

I might like it more if I didn't get one pumpkin seed every 5-7 bloodwebs.

• ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG
    ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG Member Posts: 359

Cant wait for the new cosmetics for the ginger survivor. PHEW she's honestly the perfect woman

• DangerScouse
    DangerScouse Member Posts: 989

Wasted opportunity for a "horror" game. Must do better.

• Jay_Whyask
    Jay_Whyask Member Posts: 566

Week two is here, and it seems like a majority of their effort went into the archives and rift. Not exactly what I was expecting from the Halloween event, but I'm not disappointed.

The cosmetics available in the event tome are beautiful. Also, the challenges in the event tome hand out quite a few rift fragments, making it easy to progress through the rift, which also has some more beautiful cosmetics.

So the important stuff for this event is.

• Witch outfit/ Frankenstein's monster outfit in event tomes🎃
    • Rift fragments🌀
    • Halloween themed outfits in the rift pass🎃
    • Even more Halloween themed outfits in the premium rift pass💰️

I'll give it a 6/10, at least console and low spec players can play this event without having to wait for a patch to come out after the event has already ended.