######### DID YOU DO TO MY PS4????

2»

Comments

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

If this isn't corrected then its grounds for a Class Action Lawsuit...

They very likely will not have a choice here soon.

• Jeromy137
    Jeromy137 Member Posts: 348

True this should be in the more appropriate section of the forums but it also good to have it in discussion because more people pay attention to the discussion page and that will help others so that they can try to avoid it themselves.

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,202
    edited October 2021

They should make a statement ONLY IF it's proven that peoples consoles are getting destroyed because of hacking in their game.

• throwaway79465468797
    throwaway79465468797 Member Posts: 682
    edited October 2021

Would be nice if there was an explanation for this from the OP. It's extremely unlikely, borderline impossible that a cheater could have affected your console system. The things they were doing in the game may have had an affect on your gaming experience... but your console being bricked is all but guaranteed to be a console problem.

Could be that you had that console for many years, or that you've had problems with it in the past... could be that you're getting an error message and don't understand why. Could be that your console is overheating and not able to keep up. It could really be a lot of things but I'm not inclined to say yes, a cheater could brick your system just by playing the game

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

Once again, the histrionics are embarrassing.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

There are apparently multiple people on here with the same issue - Shouldn't be too hard for at least one person to provide a video with the error message/code/nothing/etc.

• ThanksForDaily
    ThanksForDaily Member Posts: 1,304

Don't worry guys, we have the "knower" here.

Stay calm, nothings gonna happen.

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742

Probably wont change anything, but signal to Sony. If they re gathering enough complaints, maybe they ll send a warning or something to bhvr

• Tedk
    Tedk Member Posts: 11

Awful situation, but do you have any proof of this that the devs could work with?

• SunsetSherbet
    SunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,607

This game can crash PC's with bluescreens, crash or corrupt drivers, and uninstall itself after crashes. I'm not shocked it can brick entire consoles. I don't know if behavior is legally responsible for it, though.

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,005

And has there ever been some kind of evidence of this actually happening?

• nixreport
    nixreport Member Posts: 9

Not saying this is what happened to OP's console but a hacker in this game could very easily brick a console or another persons PC, its demonstrated on several streams and forum posts that hackers can inject data into other peoples game clients so that when they pull up the report user function all they get is a bunch of vulgarity spamming across their screen. All it would take is for the hacker to choose to inject the specific data commands instead of vulgarity into someone elses client (just like in the old PSN messaging debacle) and it could easily crash or in the worst case outright brick a console when it tries to read the injected data. BHVR needs to take a very serious look at the cheating issues because if this is indeed what is happening or even if its not the fact it CAN happen is rather serious and not just for consoles. Right now its just throwing a bunch of vulgarity across their screen but it could easily be malicious code and malware injection and suddenly they have more than just a game to ruin.

• PalletsAndHooks
    PalletsAndHooks Member Posts: 989

bro this kind of thing happens in dark souls all the time. the fact that its only now hitting a game like dbd is what is surprising.

• nixreport
    nixreport Member Posts: 9

Yep, was an issue in Dark Souls and likely the same or a similar method being used here, Cheater loads malicious code into a flashlight or medkit goes and swaps it at a chest, you stumble across it and pick it up and now its on your console, right click and oops game crashed and the console wont boot

• RockoRango
    RockoRango Member Posts: 554
    edited October 2021

It seems this is needed here as well, so ima just copy/paste it:

You can DEFINITELY brick a console if you really wanted to, emphasis on REALLY WANTED TO, and had access to cheats in the game. Console hardware isn't made as durable as you think, especially when they already run hot enough just normally running an optimized, trashy mess such as this.

I.E if a hacker can spawn in 70 firecrackers, they can quite literally spawn in the bare maximum so that the console runs too hot and something melts/breaks. Whether it be a wire, something to control thermals, or the CPU itself (I doubt that), it's completely possible.

If you haven't heard as well, hackers got access to LittleBigPlanet's source code and made the game mine bitcoin in the background, which would totally brick a console (they shut the game down before it did any damage); Anything is possible with a lack of security.

Also, it's obvious why PCs aren't affected: they're made better. They're claustrophobic boxes of parts made to run the bare minimum while also making profit, PCs have adequate cooling systems while consoles have cheap ones, and everything is fairly protected against temperature (and has safeguards) in a PC while you have to take apart a console to see how ineffective it is at this. Consoles barely have, if any, of this simply because it's not cost-effective and it's the job of BHVR's XXXX department to make sure they have adequate safeguards that don't fry the system any more than they currently are.

TL;DR It's very possible, but no one really wants to do that if they're cheating; most hackers want to have fun and mess around. If you're really afraid of getting the 1% that are malicious, either install a better cooling system or don't play this game until they have better security.

• DaWeezerd
    DaWeezerd Member Posts: 256

I know there are attention seekers on the forum. I replied to one just now.

• ClumsyTrapper
    ClumsyTrapper Member Posts: 544

Rockstar and GTA 5 online have the same issue with hackers accessing and hacking pcs and consoles through the games poor online security