So, what's wrong with MMR system?

Raptorietz
Raptorietz Member Posts: 18
edited October 2021 in General Discussions

I don't exactly get it as how it works, it's been around 2 months already.

I am survivor main, 97% of my matches are all survivors, I get killers of my rank, who are doing ok, and I have a fair amount of 50% escape/dieing so I can't complain.

When I pick a killer, a role I don't have perks in, have literally below 3% gameplay, I play killers one-two times in a month, never succeed to get more than 1 hooks, don't even have meta perks and I am literally always being matched vs survivors who are golden/red ranks, who just tryhard so much that you will simply tell they are not even close to your level of playing when I am basically a huge noob with never progressing up in ranking system, but somehow I am being matched against survivors who are literally impossible to be killed.

How does this sh*t mmr work? All I see is that it literally doesn't work.

Why claiming they've introduced this system, they've reworked the ranks into badges or whatever it is, if it's basically literally the same as it used to be 3-4-5 months ago?

Comments

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Yeah, it's a pretty silly system.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

Default killer MMR is set a little high. Play a few games with the SAME killer, take a few losses and then you will be able to enjoy killer games. As the worst Huntress EU, I can even get an average of two kills with her.

The main reason MMR is complained about is that at the top level, really good killers are versing really good survivors and it highlights an inbalance in the power of both roles.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,616

Everything.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

The fact the game wasn’t ready for it was the first sign since high play DBD is sweaty and boring. And instead of prioritizing hooks and teamwork. It promotes just camp or tunnel or just escape as the top skill

• JexxTron
    JexxTron Member Posts: 228

I find that the time of day you play affects the match. If I play in the U.S. early in the morning, I get some easy kills. If I play at night, then my survivor rank is getting me hard players I think. Also, it seems if you respond to the "How much fun did you have?" and select only one circle, you will get an easier time next time. I think this question affects your next match.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,869

@Raptorrotas curious- what region/servers do you play on? Be happy you don’t get potatoe survivors to team with against competent killers. I don’t know why I don’t get players of this low caliber whenever I play killer.

• PGJSF
    PGJSF Member Posts: 369

Honestly I don’t get it either. I have always been a rank 1 killer until I stopped playing (around Trickster release) and being PS4/EU I can tell you the survivors I faced were absolute monsters at the game. Now that MMR is on and I started playing again (a month ago) with cross play OFF it seems like nothing has changed, I’m going against 4-men bully squads with perfect timing and coordination; but as soon as I toggle Cross Play on and see my lobbies full of pc players I’m getting baby survivors who don’t even know the basics of looping. Is it possible that different MMR for the same account are into play?

• Raptorietz
    Raptorietz Member Posts: 18

European region and I playing mostly during evening time, around 19 - 21 CEST when most people are at home after working day/walking/school/uni/whatever it can be.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735
    edited October 2021

1) Escape / Kills is not how you can really know if the person is good or bad at the game.

2) The more hight MMR number you have, the worse the experience is (more hackers, same meta, same Killer pool, etc.)

3) You don't even know your "rank" in MMR system because of hidden numbers. If you could see at least something that can say if you are good, bad, decent or very good that would be nice.

4) It promotes more tryhard and sweat games for some reason since there are 0 rewards for being good at the game, other than getting more unfun matches

5) Map offerings, items and addons for both sides are not counted in MMR as well even when these all things can and will determinate who will win / who has bigger advantage.

• R2k
    R2k Member Posts: 1,069

U can't say they tryhard when u are so inexperienced killer. It's more like u are so weak that average survivor beats u and since it's easy to play survivor u think they are sweating.

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025

I played Trickster for the first time because I wanted his Adept. I got 2 Legacy survivors and one survivor with over 2000 hours

• SonicOffline
    SonicOffline Member Posts: 918

The "colored ranks" do not indicate skill. They indicate played time that month. You're still being matched with people it thinks are your MMR.

It sounds to me like the game is just widening the pool of acceptable players when you turn crossplay on. Like it can't find matches for those players, so you get the honor.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,702

I don't like the new MMR system at all.

• PGJSF
    PGJSF Member Posts: 369

That’s quite a lot of “widening “ things ahah I’m literally going from full meta sweat competitive lobbies to people without any knowledge… I don’t know why that happens but i for sure don’t like it.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,702
    edited October 2021
    Post edited by Nathan13 on
  • 비헤브
    비헤브 Member Posts: 44

For users who have been playing DBD for years, the worst patch is MMR.

Rather, it takes longer to match, and meaningless matching has increased significantly due to extended matching.

No matter how poor your skills are, it is impossible to match a 2000-hour user with a 5-hour user.

Developers must immediately restore MMR to its original state.

In matching games, unbalanced matching can cause very big problems.

MMR-related issues continue to be raised and identified in numerous communities. Rather, it is judged that it is more efficient to develop a bot system and put it into matching than to expand the matching for new user matching in the pre-MMR system. The bot system has been added to the current tutorial, so if you tweak the AI ​​a little bit more, you can use it effectively in-game. A system in which matching time is shortened by matching some bot killers or bot survivors only in the 15-20 level section before MMR, new users improve their skills while playing the game at low difficulty, and regular users fight as their ranks rise. will be efficient

• Alphasoul05
    Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 601
    edited October 2021

Seems pretty simple. You played killer not much but MMR was running in the background many times in the past, and so you probably did quite well when you did play killer, and it logged that into your MMR.

So, now when you play killer you're at a higher MMR, and it won't be until you lose enough games that your MMR drops to the level you should be at, prior to getting easy wins like a lot of people against poor innocent Meg's and Dwight's

You don't have a fair chance at escaping/killing if your MMR is 800 more than it should be, for example. It's only when it's where it needs to be

• 비헤브
    비헤브 Member Posts: 44

For whatever reason, MMR should be repealed and reverted to the old ranking system. Many users do not adapt to MMR, and many problems and fun of the game are halved. Numerous communities have confirmed that the article continues to be published, and even new users who haven't touched the game are not buying the game while reading this article. This is true.